Hacking Nintendont

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked! So if I want to use a Wavebird or regular Gamecube controller then I'll need to boot directly through Nintendont and not through usbloader gx?

Thanks for the responses.

What revision of USB Loader GX are you using? Nintendont/GX should work fine with Wavebirds and standard Gamecube controllers.

ShadowtearX

Trophies
XP
Country
When using the forwarder provided on the first post, iit crashes me whenever i go over it switching channels.
I've tried 3 forwarders diffrent forwarders (all n64 and gamecube forwarders)
I've also tried changing the forwarder to MGBA and install it, but that one crashes too.
I have a working mgba forwarder so there seems to be a problem with the forwarder itself.

Does anyone know why these particulair forwarders crashes my system?
I've been using "Multi Mod Manager" under IOS 249 to install the wads.

Last edited by ShadowtearX,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, putting the "nintendont" folder in SDHC:\\wiiu\apps\ does nothing if that's what you were asking.
Of course not since Nintendont is a Wii application and will most likely never see a Wii U port. Until someone figures out how to boot a Wii app from the Wii U side it won't happen.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Native controls must be off as it's a Wii U and the USB GameCube adapter.

I know. I was just saying that it doesn't work with native controls. If you use a nincfg.bin that had it turned on then it will stay on even though it doesn't work. (However the controller won't work at all as far as I know.)

lamentofking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you really pressing them all at the same time? its not a sequence press but an all at the same time press.
Yes I am. I know the app knows how to do it cause I used a Wii U Pro Controller to do both a reset and a shutdown. I can only do the reset on the gamecube controller for some reason.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am. I know the app knows how to do it cause I used a Wii U Pro Controller to do both a reset and a shutdown. I can only do the reset on the gamecube controller for some reason.

Yes, it's only a GC controller feature. The home button on controllers that have them should serve the same function.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
whats a code to disable the announcer in Mario kart gp 2? I am using nintendont 3.378 on wii u if that matters. I am sticking with gp 1 since theres no annoucer.
I haven't been on gbatemp for some time now so I apologize for not seeing this message earlier, been busy with other stuff (also I haven't updated Nintendont for like a year now because honestly I like my current version best and I feel it's just good enough).

Anyway for that code it was used back when Crediar first added support to Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 on Quadforce (it's one of the ancestors to Nintendont but is outdated now, it only worked on certain Wii consoless) for some reason Crediar decided to disable the announcer altogether (guess he was annoyed by it or something) so there was no "legit" way to turn it back on except for this code, in the early days of Nintendont when Triforce support was implemented the code used was based on Cridiar's Quadforce, hence why the announcer was turned off by default as well, Fix94 later on made a proper start-up for all four Triforce games, with F-Zero skipping the test screen altogether (thank God) as well as allow the user to access the settings menu in Mario Arcade titles, making this code completely useless at this point.

As for the first game there's no announcer in it, in a way I like it better without the announcer and the game does run faster, but overall I prefer the second game more because extras!

Last edited by sonictopfan,
Reactions: cvskid

r0ni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lngn.net
XP
Country
United States
Random odd question on nintendont...

Was trying to play Mario Party 4 with the kids today using a wiimote+classic controller as player one and 2-4 players all GameCube controllers but the wii was only detecting players 1 and 2 and not the other two controllers. Options are all defaults and the first post leads me to believe it should support all official controllers without any issues at all.

Using nintendont built feb 5th (don't recall ver info) on a 4.3U wii, tried other Mario Party games with the same result, is there a bug with 4 player support?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random odd question on nintendont...

Was trying to play Mario Party 4 with the kids today using a wiimote+classic controller as player one and 2-4 players all GameCube controllers but the wii was only detecting players 1 and 2 and not the other two controllers. Options are all defaults and the first post leads me to believe it should support all official controllers without any issues at all.

Using nintendont built feb 5th (don't recall ver info) on a 4.3U wii, tried other Mario Party games with the same result, is there a bug with 4 player support?

Make sure you have Max Pads set to 4.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself