Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
also I guess not really related to nintendont development but to gamecube; now finally decided to check out how wind waker looks with a no blur cheat and my god, how was I able to play in the past.
No cheats (with blur):
bluron.png
with this cheat:
No Blur [Ralf]
04008FE4 60000000
023F68B6 0000FF00
bluroff.png
also as bonus since I already have widescreen enabled I did enable these cheats too:
No Letterbox (Event Camera) [Ralf]
0417AE60 38000000
No Letterbox (Demo & Shop Camera) [Ralf]
041640A8 38800000
041640AC 908305FC

Oh yeah and this is just my direct s-video input, no sharpness filters or anything, just force ntsc to disable deflicker for both screenshots; as well as video width forced to 640 to preserve that sharpness too.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
also I guess not really related to nintendont development but to gamecube; now finally decided to check out how wind waker looks with a no blur cheat and my god, how was I able to play in the past.
No cheats (with blur):
bluron.png
with this cheat:
No Blur [Ralf]
04008FE4 60000000
023F68B6 0000FF00
bluroff.png
also as bonus since I already have widescreen enabled I did enable these cheats too:
No Letterbox (Event Camera) [Ralf]
0417AE60 38000000
No Letterbox (Demo & Shop Camera) [Ralf]
041640A8 38800000
041640AC 908305FC

Oh yeah and this is just my direct s-video input, no sharpness filters or anything, just force ntsc to disable deflicker for both screenshots; as well as video width forced to 640 to preserve that sharpness too.
Will those hacks be hardcoded into the app as the Widescreen ones? :o

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will those hacks be hardcoded into the app as the Widescreen ones? :o
no, they're just cheats after all. Also I guess if you have the US version and dont want to make the gct yourself here you go with those 3 cheats enabled, just put it into the folder of the wind waker game.iso and enable cheats.

Attachments

• game.zip
    206 bytes · Views: 140

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I gotta come back and ask every couple of years: how is compatibilty going compared to Dios Mios?
In the chart I see green could mean "or have few/very minor issues, like stuttering audio,".

bc Wii + dios mios + Wavebird + CRT TV over component

vs

Wii U + Nintendont + Wavebird (@GC adapter) + CRT TV over component

Where would the most hardcore among you play GC games between these two?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I gotta come back and ask every couple of years: how is compatibilty going compared to Dios Mios?
In the chart I see green could mean "or have few/very minor issues, like stuttering audio,".

bc Wii + dios mios + Wavebird + CRT TV over component

vs

Wii U + Nintendont + Wavebird (@GC adapter) + CRT TV over component

Where would the most hardcore among you play GC games between these two?
nintendont has perfect compat with 99% of games, if you use an hdd there is no stutering, the only stutering only happens in cutscenes on very few games is if you use sd cards on due to the wiiu and wii sd card reader speed being crap.

Green means the game works perfectly, dios mios has zero advantages over nintendont, nintendont is basicaly perfect gamecube gaming.,nintendont also runs on normal wii and can even read legit discs on original wii.

Last edited by pedro702,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS has one advantage, but it only matters if you're a speedrunner: It runs at the original GameCube CPU frequency. Nintendont runs at the Wii CPU frequency (1.5x GameCube), which improves performance of many games but can also break timing-sensitive glitches.

Then again, for this sort of thing, you'd probably want to use the original disc on standard MIOS without hacks.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks.

Interesting that 1.5x part, some games could use less framedrops here and there.

My impression the last time I looked into it (years and years ago) was that Dios Mios was more "native" and I stuck to that ever since (using real memory cards, and two slots at that, and real Wavebirds on bc Wii). Only downside at the time was audio streaming music or something, I think.

The big news of last year for me is Nintendont support for the most unexpected Nintendo accessory of all times (the GC adapter for Wii U). That's a game changer for me, using real GC joypads on WiiU. Now I just need to look into analog video outputs from a Wii U with original nintendo Component cable to a CRT tv. If that's alright, moving from bc Wii @DM to WiiU @Nintendont is more feasible than ever. Except real memory cards. Then again, my bc Wii isn't going anywhere, should the need arise.

Sonic Mega Collection has audio sync issues with both nintendont and devolution, but works fine in DM.

I see.
So it's always good to have both solutions on hand.
Years ago I used to be puzzled by people's obsession with devolution/nintendont when bc Wiis, memory cards and GC joypads were dirt cheap on ebay.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks.

Interesting that 1.5x part, some games could use less framedrops here and there.

My impression the last time I looked into it (years and years ago) was that Dios Mios was more "native" and I stuck to that ever since (using real memory cards, and two slots at that, and real Wavebirds on bc Wii). Only downside at the time was audio streaming music or something, I think.

The big news of last year for me is Nintendont support for the most unexpected Nintendo accessory of all times (the GC adapter for Wii U). That's a game changer for me, using real GC joypads on WiiU. Now I just need to look into analog video outputs from a Wii U with original nintendo Component cable to a CRT tv. If that's alright, moving from bc Wii @DM to WiiU @Nintendont is more feasible than ever. Except real memory cards. Then again, my bc Wii isn't going anywhere, should the need arise.

I see.
So it's always good to have both solutions on hand.
Years ago I used to be puzzled by people's obsession with devolution/nintendont when bc Wiis, memory cards and GC joypads were dirt cheap on ebay.
dios mios compat was crap, and no audiostreaming killed alot of games, thats why people needed to move away from dm.

the only thing nintendont can only do on bc wiis instead of wiius is with native turned on you can use gc gba adapter and any acessory that connects to the gc port and with memory card emulation set to off you can use both mc slots and use the gc microphone trough the mem card slot for mario party games and so on, and you can run real gc discs too.

besides this things you can do everything on the wii that you can do on wiiu nintendont.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, they're just cheats after all. Also I guess if you have the US version and dont want to make the gct yourself here you go with those 3 cheats enabled, just put it into the folder of the wind waker game.iso and enable cheats.
Can I get a version with ONLY the No Blur cheat please!! :3 (I don't really know what are the other two for...)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes Special Disk won't run either, and maybe one or another JAP/PAL game. Still an impressive compatibility for Nintendont.
what? it runs perfectly fine i tested it way back, the issue is people dont have a clean disc, the most easy to find dump is a bad dump if you find one matching redump it will run perfectly.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
what? it runs perfectly fine i tested it way back, the issue is people dont have a clean disc, the most easy to find dump is a bad dump if you find one matching redump it will run perfectly.
Well, i wouldn't have to "find" it... i have my original disc, as it is the case with all the GCN games that i play =)

The size was correct so i did not check MD5. I used the GCN, i'll try ripping with the Wii this time, maybe something corrupted in the process.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i wouldn't have to "find" it... i have my original disc, as it is the case with all the GCN games that i play =)

The size was correct so i did not check MD5. I used the GCN, i'll try ripping with the Wii this time, maybe something corrupted in the process.
Unless you check the MD5 hash there is no way to know if the rip was actually successful. I have ripped many games with my Wii and once and a while the rip didn't match.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Unless you check the MD5 hash there is no way to know if the rip was actually successful. I have ripped many games with my Wii and once and a while the rip didn't match.
I know, it's okey, i used a GCN on another house for a quick rip to test the lens. I'll just repeat the process with my own Wii (which is happening as i write, btw), and then verify MD5, which will surely return a healthy ISO to play.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know, it's okey, i used a GCN on another house for a quick rip to test the lens. I'll just repeat the process with my own Wii (which is happening as i write, btw), and then verify MD5, which will surely return a healthy ISO to play.
well i can garante you it works with an md5 matching redump if your not forcing any wierd settings, i had to go find the redump dump becuase the dump on current websites you know the easy ones to find is a bad dump, also nintendont can read your real disc on bc wii, just put the disc in there xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.