Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Are your games on the SD card or a HDD? Everything for Nintendont (IPL, configs, saves) has to go on the device the game is on except the dol.

2. alexmac0052

alexmac0052 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2014
    Argentina
    All nintendont stuff like games, dol, controller and ipl are in the SD,
    I can move everything to a usb device and leave the dol in SD. I'll try

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It almost sounds like it's ignoring the controller ini. Did you try turning on OSReport and see if it mentions anything in the log? I'm not sure if the ini loading is logged but it wouldn't hurt to try.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hmm... I'm looking at main.c and it looks like the HID initialization is commented out? Did it get moved?

4. alexmac0052

alexmac0052 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2014
    Argentina
    I tried to transfer everything to the usb but nothing changed. I think nintendont is recognizing the controller.ini because when I change the value of multiin the second controller is activated but it is switched on and off all the time, but when I assign it to multiin = 1 then only controller 1 works without any problem. The R151 up to R153 worked for me very well, then I did not update it until today and I find this surprise.

5. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Back in R200's the USB code was completely rewritten so it is entirely possible that the new code is causing the issues. Also what Nintendont version are you using and please don't say latest. I just want to confirm that you are indeed on the latest and not on an old Google Code build.

6. alexmac0052

alexmac0052 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2014
    Argentina
    I see, maybe that's the problem. I'm currently using v4.432 - Build: Dec 18 2016 downloaded from Github and updated via wifi from the wii. That's why I'm looking for a way to download an old version.

Last edited by alexmac0052, Jan 12, 2017
  7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Here's the commits for the loader.dol file. I think you just have to sift through them by date.
    https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commits/master/loader/loader.dol

8. scorned4sega

scorned4sega Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2010
    United States
    anniston, al
    Can you please add to the 1st page that the Mayflash Gamecube Adapter for the Wii U [W012] uses the same controller config file as the Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter? It has the same VID and PID numbers. The buttons match up as well. Just trying to save people from extra searches and headaches trying to get it to work ;-)

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I think that config is built in. You shouldn't need the ini file for it now.

10. sideskroll

sideskroll GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    @GreyWolf you have another customer :)
    Time to finish that app of yours me thinks... :grog:
    (@OrGoN3 He'll hook you up with what you need)

OrGoN3 likes this.
  11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    if you are going so far back to 151, manny games will not work at all so its your choice, usb had to be rewriten atleast 2 times for better compat with overall hdds.

12. MaitreLLD

MaitreLLD GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2016
    France
    @FIX94 and all other members of the project, I just wanted to thank you again and tell you how Nintendont is awesome. Loading .ciso, automatic disc switching, multiple controller support, rumble... it's just awesome man ! Playing Melee with a friend with 1 GC pd and 1 Wii U Pro, just great !

Just out of curiosity : how does the automatic disc switching works ? Is there any variable in the Gamecube that gets on when it asks for disc switching and that's how you would detect it ?

Last edited by MaitreLLD, Jan 12, 2017
  13. alexmac0052

alexmac0052 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2014
    Argentina
    Thanks !! now I can play multiplayer using the two ports of my ps2 adapter!
    I know, now I decided to have the new version and the old one for multiplayer in separate folders.

14. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    4.432 seems to be having problems generating a new emulated MC (whether Multi or Single), when loading the games over USB (exFAT).

Can anyone else confirm that the Metal Gear Solid Special Disk (shrunk o 1:1) does not work with Nintendont?

Other than that, i'm very happy playing the Killer7 Beta, which works perfectly and seems to be compatible with the Nintendont widescreen option =D

Last edited by niuus, Jan 13, 2017
  15. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Thanks. I shall wait for him to contact me!!

Wait. Nintendont works with exFAT? Do all loaders work with exFAT now?

16. MaitreLLD

MaitreLLD GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2016
    France
    Nintendont seems to do, but the (v)Wii ones don't seem to

OrGoN3 likes this.
  17. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Grrr. What about Nintendont on vWii? Also, thanks for the info!

18. NGamerCole

NGamerCole Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Out of curiosity, on USB Loader GX, anyone know how to add games to the categories you can make? What'd I like to do is simply make Wii category and a Gamecube one, for nice load outs.

Last edited by NGamerCole, Jan 13, 2017
  19. MightyJo

MightyJo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    Romania
    Why is there no rumble on PS4/DualShock 4 controllers?

20. PaleLight

PaleLight Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I am experiencing a frustrating problem with Nintendont. Whenever I try to open it (from the Homebrew Channel) I get a message that says "Failed to load IOS58 from NAND" among some other things about ahb access and meta.xml.

Everything is the latest version. I am certain meta.xml is in the Nintendont folder on my SD card, and it does indeed contain the ahb access line. I am using IOS58 v6176. All the Nintendont files were downloaded directly from the Github page.

Can anyone help me out? What could the problem be?

Thanks