Hacking Nintendont

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried out v4.430, it looks like Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 are identified as shrunk when they shouldn't be. I re-ripped the first game from disc using USB Loader GX and it still registered as shrunk in Nintendont.

Not sure if this is something wrong on my end, didn't want to open an issue on Github if that ended up being the case. Keep up the good work Gerbilsoft!
The "shrunken" identification is done by checking the filesize. How big are the two files?

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMB1: 1,459,945,472 bytes
SMB2: 1,459,978,176 bytes

Huh, yeah that would explain it. I wonder what I can do to get a full rip of these two. No other games I ripped have come up short, maybe this is a problem in USB Loader GX.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I have to change something in the .ini files to enable rumble with dual shock 3?
In my .ini file (054C_0268.ini) that works great these lines are missing:
  • Rumble=
  • RumbleType=
  • RumbleDataLen=
  • RumbleDataOn=
  • RumbleDataOff=
  • RumbleTransferLen=
  • RumbleTransfers=
Should i add them and fill with something?

Last edited by Zonta85,

Metaright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under the "troubleshooting" section, it says that the Wii U's IOS5 is already correct. It's a little odd that that isn't mentioned when IOS58 is mentioned in the "installing Nintendont" section, but whatever. How do I get the Homebrew Channel to run off of IOS58? I see guides all over the place for the Wii, but none for the Wii U. Is the protocol the same, just making sure to enter "Wii mode" before you do anything?

EDIT: Well, I stumbled across one relevant guide here. It astounds me how every guide advertises saying it works with Wii U, but doesn't say how.

Last edited by Metaright,

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it's been reported or not but the latest ND breaks mc emulation for the US version of MGS twin snakes. When saving sometimes it corrupts the card.

It copys the first 2MB of the ISO header into the MC image.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it's been reported or not but the latest ND breaks mc emulation for the US version of MGS twin snakes. When saving sometimes it corrupts the card.

It copys the first 2MB of the ISO header into the MC image.
What size is your emulated memory card? I remember seeing this issue a while back when using large cards.

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Origamii update!!!

Ok so it took over night (I think the slowness is because the program verifies every ISO, a skip option would be nice)

But I was able to drag all the folders named what the games are directly to the drive through the program and they all renamed correctly! Works great for anyone looking to just get files onto their hdd's named correctly!! Even did multi game disks great!!

Reactions: ca032769

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I'm experiencing a problem with while using Ocarina.
If i load resident Evil or Resident Evil zero with codes ON, the 50/60hz in game selector is skipped, forcing me to play in 50hz.
Super Mario sunhine with codes ON won't boot in any video mode. T

And everytime i use usb loader gx, if i exit and then i launch Nintendont directlymfrom the hbc the remove speed limit option is set to ON, but obiously is set to OFF in sub loader gx, then i cannot understand if regardless of the option set to OFF usb loader gx launch the games with the option ON.

Last edited by Zonta85,

shadowprince116

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I want to buy a GBA/GBC Link cable to use with Nintendont and I was wondering if 3rd party cables would work?

Do we know they can work or would I need to buy an official one?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone, I want to buy a GBA/GBC Link cable to use with Nintendont and I was wondering if 3rd party cables would work?

Do we know they can work or would I need to buy an official one?
the gba cable only works on wii's with original gc ports just incase your thinking on using the wiiu gc adapter it doesnt work trough that, also yeah original is safer, i remenber someone having all sorts of issues with a 3rd party gc to gba adapter and they got an original one and everything worked.

Last edited by pedro702,

shadowprince116

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the gba cable only works on wii's with original gc ports just incase your thinking on using the wiiu gc adapter it doesnt work trough that, also yeah original is safer, i remenber someone having all sorts of issues with a 3rd party gc to gba adapter and they got an original one and everything worked.

Don't worry using an original Wii with GC ports.

I've been researching it all and I've been able to find one person who mentioned using a 3rd party link cable that worked but there's really not much on the topic.

Do you think it's worth trying out a 3rd party cable? Finding official cables can be hard and expensive.

Ewpb

Trophies
XP
Country
Can Nintendont be compiled in such a way to make the Wii/vWii think it is a disc game?

Put the game on a blank DVD and boot from the disc channel?

Or injected in to the Wii U Wii VC titles, as in the thread below they seem to have made progress in seeing what enables the game pad to act as a classic controller.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-into-wii-vc-on-wii-u.451210/page-4

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to create a fakesigned Wii disc image with the Nintendont executable. (I don't know if this would work with Wii VC.) That having been said, a better option would be to make a Wii U-side OSv1 launcher that enables classic controller and boots the Homebrew Channel title.

Reactions: KiiWii and Ewpb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person