DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to get Nintendont working but I'm kinda of stuck. I have a SD card with :

SD:/wiiu/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
SD:/wiiu/apps/Nintendont/meta.xml

But when I open the homebrew launcher (latest version on 5.5.1), I only see Loadiine in the apps. How comes?
SD:/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
SD:/apps/Nintendont/meta.xml

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I was wondering, is there a known issue with using the memory card emulation with Pokémon Colosseum? For the past two days, I've lost many hours of game time due my save reverting to the first save I made when I started playing.

The strange part is if I try and save, it appears to record it and claims its reading from the "card". If I push the reset button but keep the Wii on, the save also remains intact. Its not until I shut the machine off completely that the data reverts to the old save.

I did a little testing today of saving after 1 minute of gameplay, then another 8 minutes, then again after another 6 minutes, shutting the machine off after all three sessions. It worked fine. The two occasions with data loss happened after sessions lasting several hours. I don't recall changing any settings between these times.

If it matters, I'm running it off of a PAL region disc with loader v4.422, firmware 58.24.32 with 251 memcard blocks. Memcard multi off. Haven't had the chance to try other games yet

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I was wondering, is there a known issue with using the memory card emulation with Pokémon Colosseum? For the past two days, I've lost many hours of game time due my save reverting to the first save I made when I started playing.

The strange part is if I try and save, it appears to record it and claims its reading from the "card". If I push the reset button but keep the Wii on, the save also remains intact. Its not until I shut the machine off completely that the data reverts to the old save.

I did a little testing today of saving after 1 minute of gameplay, then another 8 minutes, then again after another 6 minutes, shutting the machine off after all three sessions. It worked fine. The two occasions with data loss happened after sessions lasting several hours. I don't recall changing any settings between these times.

If it matters, I'm running it off of a PAL region disc with loader v4.422, firmware 58.24.32 with 251 memcard blocks. Memcard multi off. Haven't had the chance to try other games yet
im betting you changed some setting, nintendont does not ever loose saves. it saves imidiately on the card unless your SD or USB doesnt have space to create the memory card but since you already have it then the space is there, just take a picture of your nintendont settings, also is nintendont on the SD or USB?

Trophies
XP
Country
Heres my settings. http://imgur.com/a/QFQ3U saves are being saved on USB.

I tested few more times. The next two saves were fine, then after about 20 minutes with the one after that the progress was lost on shutdown. The next save after that worked, then failed again on the test after that. Seems like its something predetermined when the game first starts up rather than the amount of time between saves.

Testing another game now, but so far no data loss. This one is a rip while the one giving problems is a disc though, but I'm not sure that matters.

Edit: Apparently it appears it does matter. I used cleanrip to make a copy of colosseum, and so far I haven't had any save issues. However, despite being a full and clean backup, it does have a habit of locking up every now and then. There must be something I did wrong.

Last edited by Bartholomew Mashingspoon,

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, how to put "Rumble" in my controller config? i have a Logitech doble pad controller with rumble, but i dont know hot to make rumble with gamecube games :(

[Logitech]
VID=0583
PID=A009
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
X=5,02
A=5,01
Y=5,08
B=5,04
Z=5,20
L=5,40
R=5,80
S=6,01
P=6,04
Left=4,06
Down=4,04
Right=4,02
Up=4,00
RightUp=4,01
DownRight=4,03
DownLeft=4,05
UpLeft=4,07
StickX=0
StickY=1
CStickX=2
CStickY=3
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
DigitalLR=1

cetygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, how to put "Rumble" in my controller config? i have a Logitech doble pad controller with rumble, but i dont know hot to make rumble with gamecube games :(

[Logitech]
VID=0583
PID=A009
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
X=5,02
A=5,01
Y=5,08
B=5,04
Z=5,20
L=5,40
R=5,80
S=6,01
P=6,04
Left=4,06
Down=4,04
Right=4,02
Up=4,00
RightUp=4,01
DownRight=4,03
DownLeft=4,05
UpLeft=4,07
StickX=0
StickY=1
CStickX=2
CStickY=3
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
DigitalLR=1

I've posted that message 3 times already. Seems nobody knows that. :(

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Heres my settings. http://imgur.com/a/QFQ3U saves are being saved on USB.

I tested few more times. The next two saves were fine, then after about 20 minutes with the one after that the progress was lost on shutdown. The next save after that worked, then failed again on the test after that. Seems like its something predetermined when the game first starts up rather than the amount of time between saves.

Testing another game now, but so far no data loss. This one is a rip while the one giving problems is a disc though, but I'm not sure that matters.

Edit: Apparently it appears it does matter. I used cleanrip to make a copy of colosseum, and so far I haven't had any save issues. However, despite being a full and clean backup, it does have a habit of locking up every now and then. There must be something I did wrong.
JUST wondering do you have the nintendont dol on sd card and the games folder on usb?

Trophies
XP
Country
JUST wondering do you have the nintendont dol on sd card and the games folder on usb?

That's correct. The dol is on the SD card in apps/Nintendont/boot.dol, and the games folder is on the external hard drive in the lower USB port (with nothing in the upper port).

Controller being used is also a standard GC controller.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So do classic controllers (connected to wiimote) work now?

edit: im referring to nintendont via wii. i dont have a wii u.
i have a Yoshi Gamecube inspired Wii Classic Controller that you connect to the WiiMote end and it works with Nintendont like a gamecube controller should. I'm guessing the normal looking Classic Controller should work as the Yoshi one is still a regular Classic Controller Pro in the inside..it works with my actual Wii console and my WiiU as well..
image.jpeg

edit: i have been playing the gamecube Soulcalibur II with this controller for a week, no issues at all just plug it to your WiiMote..

Last edited by owek1,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just set up a fresh Wii today (PAL console) using Component on a HDTV and problem is, I cannot get NTSC games to boot like Starfox and Mario Kart from the HDD, as it always says "Video Mode Not Supported"

I have tried forcing Progressive Scan/Video to NTSC/NTSC 480P and it still shows that message. Any Ideas?

EDIT FIXED:

Found the issue, it's because I had a HDMI converter plugged in and forgot I had switched it from the offical Nintendo Component cable.

Official Component works with default settings @ 480P 60Hz, yet for some reason the HDMI is switching video signals (probably forcing NTSC into PAL 50 or something) before the game actually boots up. Here is HDMI converter I used in case others have issues with one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WII-T...387200?hash=item2ef09e13c0:g:4zkAAOSwyLlXo3vi

Last edited by retrofan_k,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's one for all the people who use Nintendont in conjunction with CFG USB Loader. I used to run it via USB Loader GX, but now I have it all on a large SD card (Wii U/Wii/GameCube) I can't.

I tell CFG USB Loader to Force Widescreen when playing certain games, like Double Dash!!, and despite setting it correctly it doesn't seem to, everything is 4:3. When I go into Nintendont and run the game with Force Widescreen and Wii U Widescreen set, plus the horizontal video stretched out a bit it displays perfectly.

Anyone got any experience fixing this? I tried using WiiFlow to get round it but WiiFlow takes ages to load, keeps switching off the Wiimote after it's run from Homebrew Channel and when also when booting a game. It's just not a simple, smooth user experience like CFG USB Loader is.

myunholysins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I have a Hyperkin procub controller. I know it's not support, besides getting the Bluetooth dongle but I was wonder if there is anyway to support it through the code because it does work in the vwii homebrew menu, which makes me believe there should be a way to get it to work with nintendont.

Also does anyone know if we get iosu would it work than. if nintendont was ported onto the wii u menu instead of vwii? Since th Hyperkin procube controller works fine in the wii u menu.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I have a Hyperkin procub controller. I know it's not support, besides getting the Bluetooth dongle but I was wonder if there is anyway to support it through the code because it does work in the vwii homebrew menu, which makes me believe there should be a way to get it to work with nintendont.

Also does anyone know if we get iosu would it work than. if nintendont was ported onto the wii u menu instead of vwii? Since th Hyperkin procube controller works fine in the wii u menu.

The likelihood of Nintendont being ported to Wii U Mode is almost ZERO. That's not to say it will never happen but with a project as large as Nintendont and the hundreds of hours of work put into it by various people just to get GameCube games working in Wii mode, there really is no need to have a Wii U version as the only real benefit would be being able to use the GamePad as a controller and not just a screen since 99% of GameCube games work perfect or near perfect in Wii Mode. A lot of work went into making GameCubes run at GameCube speeds and not Wii speed since game were created with the timing the Dolphin CPU yields. As some of you remember that some games still ran 1.5x-2x faster than they should even with all the work put into making sure they ran at proper speed and special timing patches were created for those few games.

Nintendont has come a long way from the proof of concept that @crediar showcased with Windwaker. To port it to Wii U mode really makes zero sense for now.

TrulyMadlyDeeply

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to load a few save files posted by other users on here for nintendont. When loading the game, the save file is not recognized. I also tried another alternative by downloading gci save files and importing them into a raw file with Dolphin, but still no luck getting the game to recognize that. My saves are located on a USB stick, and so I know I'm doing that part correctly. The game ID is also put right, memory card emulation is on, and memory blocks is set to "251". Does it have something to do with something else that I'm not aware of? Thanks

Last edited by TrulyMadlyDeeply,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's correct. The dol is on the SD card in apps/Nintendont/boot.dol, and the games folder is on the external hard drive in the lower USB port (with nothing in the upper port).

Controller being used is also a standard GC controller.
well try this change your apps folder to USB and remove your sd card use usb for everything and you shouldnt have issues anymore.

I've been trying to load a few save files posted by other users on here for nintendont. When loading the game, the save file is not recognized. I also tried another alternative by downloading gci save files and importing them into a raw file with Dolphin, but still no luck getting the game to recognize that. My saves are located on a USB stick, and so I know I'm doing that part correctly. The game ID is also put right, memory card emulation is on, and memory blocks is set to "251". Does it have something to do with something else that I'm not aware of? Thanks
well you usre your turned multi off? if the game doesnt detect the save does it creat a new one? also same region?

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: TrulyMadlyDeeply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...