Hacking Nintendont

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could any of the Chihiro or Naomi games be hacked to run on Triforce?
No, the hardware is completely different. Naomi is based on Dreamcast hardware, Chihiro is based on Xbox hardware.

Triforce is relatively simple because it is based on Gamecube hardware.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
No, the hardware is completely different. Naomi is based on Dreamcast hardware, Chihiro is based on Xbox hardware.

Triforce is relatively simple because it is based on Gamecube hardware.

Chihiro just looks like a triforce reskin though is really all that different or is it just the same
os running on different hardware?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having a problem with need for speed most wanted on the wii u with the official gamecube adapter and an official gamecube controller.
it often thinks the controller has become unplugged, and i have to unplug it and plug it back in.
it's a clean iso checksum verified. the game doesn't have that problem on the original wii with the real gamecube ports.
i would think my gamecube adapter was somehow messed up but it doesn't seem to have that problem with mario sunshine which i play quite a bit more frequently.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Could any of the Chihiro or Naomi games be hacked to run on Triforce?
The answer is no... But I much rather have them over Triforce as they contain a bigger and better liberary of games (Virtua Cop 3, Puyo Puyo DA, Toy Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom 2,...) I really wish these can be hacked somehow to run on Wii, or better yet Saturn and Dreamcast <3

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is no... But I much rather have them over Triforce as they contain a bigger and better liberary of games (Virtua Cop 3, Puyo Puyo DA, Toy Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom 2,...) I really wish these can be hacked somehow to run on Wii, or better yet Saturn and Dreamcast <3
Sega Chihiro games work on an original xbox with a 128mb ram upgrade since it's like an arcade version of xbox hardware so there is that for those games. Closest thing i have heard of for Sega Naomi/2 games is making consolized versions of the arcade hardware such as adding tv outputs and controller ports to them.

Last edited by cvskid,

luxo183

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I need help , I can not operate the L button on my ps4 control in the wind waker zelda , try the version with pal and ntsc and nothing , help pls

Djent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Whats the status of the latest Nintendont builds and faster SD Cards?
I know that slower SD Cards have been recomended in the past and that, but do this still matter?

Anyone using something like a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95mbps With success, working memorycard emulation etc?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the status of the latest Nintendont builds and faster SD Cards?
I know that slower SD Cards have been recomended in the past and that, but do this still matter?

Anyone using something like a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB 95mbps With success, working memorycard emulation etc?
I think the main limitation is the reader itself. For Nintendont, any decent one will be fine. If you want more out of it, you'll want to look into a USB SD reader.

Djent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think the main limitation is the reader itself. For Nintendont, any decent one will be fine. If you want more out of it, you'll want to look into a USB SD reader.

What I meant is, will a faster SD Card be just as stable as a slower one even if the speed will not be fully utilized?

Also, does the vWii Nintendont forwarder by JostinOnline still crash on Nintendont exit?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I need help , I can not operate the L button on my ps4 control in the wind waker zelda , try the version with pal and ntsc and nothing , help pls
without any info its very hard to help.
nintendont version?
do you have a controller.ini on the root of your usb/sd? if so delete it.

i'm having a problem with need for speed most wanted on the wii u with the official gamecube adapter and an official gamecube controller.
it often thinks the controller has become unplugged, and i have to unplug it and plug it back in.
it's a clean iso checksum verified. the game doesn't have that problem on the original wii with the real gamecube ports.
i would think my gamecube adapter was somehow messed up but it doesn't seem to have that problem with mario sunshine which i play quite a bit more frequently.
nintendont version number? nintendont settings? we need some info besides that.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Was the triforce header patcher texture fix for mkgp2 the garbled textures in rainbow cup track selection menu only?

Also how about redirecting the player grunts, engine and announcher audio through the Wii remote speaker.

Last edited by ned,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was the triforce header patcher texture fix for mkgp2 the garbled textures in rainbow cup track selection menu only?
that is the only bad file I know in this one specific dump floating around the internet, so I just replace it with the one from the "good dump" floating around and since both match up now I assume that they are good, the exact same dump error should not appear twice ;)

also I just fixed up the updater, so just update to this one manually and in the future it should work properly again.
-fixed up the internal updater, since v4 it was broken so you have to update manually to this again working file and cleaned up the updater zip code

Reactions: cvskid and Troopage

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you switch out roms by just returning to the initial triforce intiliasing screen?
it seemed to be working that way on a PiForceTools video I saw, could be another possibility instead of
returning to the hbc or nintendont.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can you switch out roms by just returning to the initial triforce intiliasing screen?
it seemed to be working that way on a PiForceTools video I saw, could be another possibility instead of
returning to the hbc or nintendont.
obviously it doesnt work, nintendont can only load one game at a time being GC or triforce you have to exit to a loader or hbc and reenter to choose another game.

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melee crashes at certain parts of the menu sometimes, one time I was toggling every item off even though I could just switch the item rarity to none (which I did do), another time changing the level of a CPU in a slot with a player in it from 1 to 9, and the last one happened when I stayed in the stage select for too long. I have a save I got from someone else (with memory card emulation) and both WiiU Widescreen and Force Widescreen on. Everything else is default.

Edit: I just checked the compatibility list it says there are small beeps when writing to memory on almost every version, however none of them say anything about the crashing. Also, I don't remember what version I have but my best guess is version 1.00. (THE GAME VERSION IDIOTS, THE GAME VERSION.)

Last edited by MegAmi24,

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
obviously it doesnt work, nintendont can only load one game at a time being GC or triforce you have to exit to a loader or hbc and reenter to choose another game.

Yes but you could have another button combo do the triforce soft reset, button 2 being normally unmapped?
when it returns to the triforce screen set it to detect so many button presses of 2 each press assisgned
to one of the playable triforce roms with a on screen prompt / print like cl-livedebug of the selected rom then set a ten second timer before it starts to load the selected rom.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melee crashes at certain parts of the menu sometimes, one time I was toggling every item off even though I could just switch the item rarity to none (which I did do), another time changing the level of a CPU in a slot with a player in it from 1 to 9, and the last one happened when I stayed in the stage select for too long. I have a save I got from someone else (with memory card emulation) and both WiiU Widescreen and Force Widescreen on. Everything else is default.

Edit: I just checked the compatibility list it says there are small beeps when writing to memory on almost every version, however none of them say anything about the crashing. Also, I don't remember what version I have but my best guess is version 1.00.
1.000 is ancient given that 4.412 appears to be the current.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some... +1