Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no starfox adventures is the one with audiostreaming xD
You sure Eternal Darkness isn't Audio Streaming? I always had issues with it years ago until the modchip I was using had a proper Audio Streaming fix. The game would constantly crash before then.

Just checked an Audio Streaming list and Eternal Darkness is on it yet StarFox Assault isn't.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You sure Eternal Darkness isn't Audio Streaming? I always had issues with it years ago until the modchip I was using had a proper Audio Streaming fix. The game would constantly crash before then.

Just checked an Audio Streaming list and Eternal Darkness is on it.
Star Fox Adventures and Eternal Darkness both have audio streaming.
It's Assault the one that doesn't

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's the HDD. I mean, it is the second HDD I try, it's brand new (Samsung D3 Station, less than a year, has its own power supply), so I doubt it is fragmented that much (I'll check of course). As for the homebrew I don't have any theme, and I launch Nintendont directly from it (not from a loader, just in case of).

Searching on the Internet, it seems I'm not the only one having problems with sound (statics or missing music after playing a while), so I guess I'll just have to wait until a new version solves it...
Are you sure the game is StarFox Assault and not StarFox Adventures?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Searching on the Internet, it seems I'm not the only one having problems with sound (statics or missing music after playing a while), so I guess I'll just have to wait until a new version solves it...
...I never had any issue with crashes like that and so did none of my main testers so... theres nothing to patch for me, thats all I can say to that. Missing music was solved a long time back and static occurs with bad ISO files so all I can do is just assume your wii is internally damaged, sorry.

Reactions: looseless

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Are you sure the game is StarFox Assault and not StarFox Adventures?
Yes I do, I got them both :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

...I never had any issue with crashes like that and so did none of my main testers so... theres nothing to patch for me, thats all I can say to that. Missing music was solved a long time back and static occurs with bad ISO files so all I can do is just assume your wii is internally damaged, sorry.
Thank you for your answer FIX94. It's weird, for I never encounter issue with any other homebrew, like when I play wii games isos for example, and like I said, my GC iso's md5 seem correct... Anyway, my wii is indeed old (2008), and since I have a newer one, I'll give it a try and come back to tell you. Thanks again everybody.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Launch Day Wii that works great. I use both the WODE and Nintendont and have no issues with games like Star Fox or Melee. Of course I didn't go mucking it up with weird cIOS and such. I did have to reinstall the entire Wii OS due a HUGE mistake I did by accidentally deleting the System Menu (Yea I know). Thankfully I had BootMii installed so I was able to completely reinstall the Wii OS.

I am using a Polaroid 64GB SDXC to load my GameCube ISOs from for both Nintendont and WODE. I use a USB SD Reader for Nintendont since I get slowdowns if I use the internal SD Slot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't GameCube games have poor error checking compared to Wii games. Isn't there even a GameCube game that is missing code on what to do if a certain video mode is detected?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't there even a GameCube game that is missing code on what to do if a certain video mode is detected?
that'd be bmx xxx, if you own a gamecube and try to play the game with a component cable it just crashes, had to write a workaround in nintendont for it to work.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that'd be bmx xxx, if you own a gamecube and try to play the game with a component cable it just crashes, had to write a workaround in nintendont for it to work.
I remember when you had to do that. That's just poor QA or laziness on the developer's part. It's not it's something that is rare or only happens if a very specific order of events happens and hard to track down. Did they issue a revised version of that game to fix the issue or did it just go unchecked?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did they issue a revised version of that game to fix the issue or did it just go unchecked?
there only is one build, oh and in the debug log you'll see on every start, cutscene, load etc they are tons of errors of files missing because they have far too many paths etc. so its pure luck the game is playable at all.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was released after the digital AV port was dropped so they may have omitted testing with it, too. :P
That would be stupid since the original GameCube had the Component Port. It should have been tested with ALL models of GameCube and ALL cable types. Not doing so is lazy programming which is not good.

It would be different if the original GameCube only had composite video and then Nintendo released model 101 with the component port and the game came before the revised model.

There is still no excuse for lazy programming.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were just preparing for the era where you can pretend that you will fix it in a downloaded patch.
Downloadable updates only started with the Wii U. That's why Activision was forced to release a fixed version of Guitar Gero III. You would think that if a game cannot be updated they would make sure it was as bug free as possible. Granted there are plenty of bugged games that never saw updates in the cartridge days.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got exFAT working. Turns out the problem wasn't in exFAT; it was an error in the caching code.

tl;dr, it was using the sector size retrieved from the usbstorage module to determine how much to cache. Problem is, my test device was an SD card, and I didn't have a USB HDD connected at the time. Hence, the caching code stored 0-byte sectors. When retrieving a "cached" sector, it dutifully handed over said 0-byte sector, but with the specified size, resulting in a sector worth of garbage.

I'll have a test build ready in a few minutes.

EDIT: A bit more than a few minutes, but here it is: Nintendont v3.400-exFAT-test1

This version should work with exFAT file systems in addition to existing setups.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +v3.400-exFAT-test1

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a question. I have access to both nintendont and devolution. I was playing sonic gems collection earlier. I noticed that when I start a game (sonic R) on nintendont, the picture is not in full screen. But when I play the same game on devolution, it is in full screen. Is it possible to make it full screen on nintendont?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I have a question. I have access to both nintendont and devolution. I was playing sonic gems collection earlier. I noticed that when I start a game (sonic R) on nintendont, the picture is not in full screen. But when I play the same game on devolution, it is in full screen. Is it possible to make it full screen on nintendont?
depends what yu mean full screen, you mean its on 4:3 or there are some tiny black bars around the edjes? if 4:3 you need to enable widescreen, if tiny bars on the edjes go to settings and change the the width value, remenber width is usntable and crashes manny games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: