Hacking Nintendont

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding forcing progressive scan onto PAL games…
99% of the PAL games dont have any handling code for progressive so its just a luck game if you activate some remaining code for that.

Apparently Swiss for Gamecube can too force progressive scan onto a wider list of GC PAL games (sometimes with issues—see info the link). Considering Swiss' source is open, could Nintendont be enhanced to have the same support for progressive scan in PAL games?

Reactions: Troopage

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Regarding forcing progressive scan onto PAL games…

Apparently Swiss for Gamecube can too force progressive scan onto a wider list of GC PAL games (sometimes with issues—see info the link). Considering Swiss' source is open, could Nintendont be enhanced to have the same support for progressive scan in PAL games?
you can already force progresive on most pal games on nintendont but you must also be lucky since you need to also force ntsc videomode or force pal60 becuase progressive isnt made for 50 hz

BlackYoshi485

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nope, i still can't get this thing working on my Wii. I've tried reinstalling the IOS58(i've used tantric's IOS58 installer) and then later the HBC(using letterbomb), but that didn't worked

BlackYoshi485

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Far as i can see, Nintendont gives a KERNEL error every time i try running it from the HBC. I think that the problem is that my HBC is running over IOS61 instead of IOS58. I've tried reinstalling the IOS58 using tantric's IOS58 installer, and then reinstalling the HBC(using letter bomb), but that doesn't seem to work, because it still running over IOS61.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Far as i can see, Nintendont gives a KERNEL error every time i try running it from the HBC. I think that the problem is that my HBC is running over IOS61 instead of IOS58. I've tried reinstalling the IOS58 using tantric's IOS58 installer, and then reinstalling the HBC(using letter bomb), but that doesn't seem to work, because it still running over IOS61.
you shouldnt install anyones ios58 you need to install the official clean ios58.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So there's no easier way to switch discs?
Nintendont does that automatically.

Make sure you have both discs in the same folder.
game.iso and disc2.iso

Reactions: Margen67

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Not switch discs of the same game. Switch discs to play a new game. With CFG loader, you are taken back CFG loader when you exit a game instead of getting thrown out to Homebrew Channel. Finding Nintendont in the Homebrew Channel menu and launching it every time is a lot of extra steps.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not switch discs of the same game. Switch discs to play a new game. With CFG loader, you are taken back CFG loader when you exit a game instead of getting thrown out to Homebrew Channel. Finding Nintendont in the Homebrew Channel menu and launching it every time is a lot of extra steps.
Make sure you have the latest version of the loader you are using.

It works perfectly fine with USB loader GX in my end.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I am not using a loader on the Wii U (I did use one on the Wii). I am launching Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel
Then that's normal, nintendont will always reload the homebrew channel, not nintendont itself.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
So if I launch it from a Nintendont wad, it will take me back to game selection after using the "power off" shortcut instead of the vWIi menu screen?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So if I launch it from a Nintendont wad, it will take me back to game selection after using the "power off" shortcut instead of the vWIi menu screen?
Nope, it will get back to the vWii system menu.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont was designed to be used in conjunction with a loader, like USB Loader GX for example, as stated in the OP. Something like what you're asking about would probably fall under UI options.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: Knocks

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really would be nice to have a "Return to..." option implemented at some point. Or at the very least have exiting a GC game go back directly to Nintendont, you know?

Last edited by Troopage, , Reason: Because I came off as a whiny b*tch.
Reactions: Margen67

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It really would be nice to have a "Return to..." option implemented at some point. Or at the very least have exiting a GC game go back directly to Nintendont, you know?
Add this to the wish list! :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: