Hacking Nintendont

JR_44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have an idea as to why my "Mayflash Wii Classic Controller to USB adapter for PC [PC052]" isn't working at all on nintendont? The adapter works fine on my PC but it doesn't seem to do anything on nintendont. The controller configs are hard coded in iirc so I tried a controller.ini at the root of the USB and still no luck :\

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently don't own a "fake" Wii U controller , but I know back in the day matguitarist and a few others . Found a way to get the off brand wii remotes working for the emulators . Something similar could be done if we had a test program for the Bluetooth remotes and the people got together and submitted their values. Maybe not sure I know with Nintendont currently if our dev doesn't own one he can't help. heck you want them fixed buy one and send it to Fix!! Haha. Yes before anyone asks yes Fix is aware of the fake wii remote fix from back in the day.

So for now buy the real remotes or buy 2 fake Wii U remotes and send one to Fix94 with a Nice Donation . Happy gaming guys.

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi folks,

I'm using CFG USB Loader and Nintendon't on the WiiU virtual Wii mode and everything works pretty neatly. However my daughter's been playing Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess and there's a message at the start of the game saying it needs to format the support. I've been afraid to say 'Yes' to that message beeing scared it would actually 'format' the USB connected hard drive. What options in CFG USB Loader or Nintendon't should be activated in order to save games ?

Thanks,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks,

I'm using CFG USB Loader and Nintendon't on the WiiU virtual Wii mode and everything works pretty neatly. However my daughter's been playing Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess and there's a message at the start of the game saying it needs to format the support. I've been afraid to say 'Yes' to that message beeing scared it would actually 'format' the USB connected hard drive. What options in CFG USB Loader or Nintendon't should be activated in order to save games ?

Thanks,
If you have memory card emulation set to "Individual" then it's creating a new image for every game, and the first run of every game, the respective memory card needs formatted. Don't worry, it's working properly, it's not going to format your HDD.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi folks,

Thanks,
if it needs to format your memory there is 2 reasons, your using an older nintendont version and the old ones needed to format a card to use it or if your using the latest version 371 you started that game once or more with an old version and it created those dummy cards that need formating.

So yeah basicaly there is no wrong saying yes if your settings on memory cards are on individual, all it will do is format a dummy card that has the twilight princess gameid on it, nintendont has no option to format your hdd or even erase files on your hdd.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All right. Thanks for the info. I had updated the Nintendon't boot.dol (and xml) files recently. Indeed the game had been run in previous Nintendon't versions. I'm not sure about the individual memory card emulation but since nothing can go wrong I can tell my daughter to go ahead so that she does not have to restart the game from scratch each time.

Thanks again to all of you for the info. Very much appreciated.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using 3.371 on a Wii U

I have noticed that the settings bug still exists where the cursor skips around and doesn't always let me go the setting under the one I am at.

The other issue I have is sometimes the USB GameCube adapter doesn't always work. I have to unplug the GameCube controller and the 2 USB plugs and then re-plug everything back in. Normally not an issue but it causes games that ask if I want to turn on progressive to default to no due to the timeout. Yes, every game that has the Progressing question screen asks me EVERY TIME if I want to turn on progressive.

On another note: Man is Windwaker so much harder on the GameCube. They really changed a lot with the HD version.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big mistake there. The only thing easier is the automatic wind change while sailing when you have the swift sail, which is completely optional. It is definitely better than the original release, dude.
I heard it also had performance issues. Either way, I can't say it's worth it to me, since I already have the NGC version. I'm not big on spending $60 on a minor update. Especially now with Nintendont, I can play the original Wind Waker in widescreen.

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard it also had performance issues. Either way, I can't say it's worth it to me, since I already have the NGC version. I'm not big on spending $60 on a minor update. Especially now with Nintendont, I can play the original Wind Waker in widescreen.
I didn't have performance issues with it. I bought it day 1, too, so it wouldn't have been patched if there were any. It's not $60, either. It's been $50 since the beginning, but since I bought it when it was only digital at the time, it was discounted to either $40 or $30; I can't remember. :P
Either way, the new lighting, heavily increased render distance (No fog), and new things like the Swift Sail, Tingle Bottle, and added camera control make it a much more solid experience. It's worth picking up again.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About Wind Waker:

After a quick search i found this page about the changes between the GC version and the Wii U version > http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/133128/differences-between-wind-waker-and-wind-waker-hd
No mention of changes to the difficulty level of the game.
The one thing that's not mentioned is that your initial Rupee cap is now 500 instead of 200 in the GameCube version it makes the auctions harder at the beginning. Also in the GameCube version you have to constantly go to the inventory menu to assign items such as the Sail, Grapple Hook, and Bombs during Sailing. I got so used to using A to lift the sail I found myself constantly jumping out of the boat in the GameCube version. By putting the Maps and such on the GamePad, it clears up some of the screen. I do find the Wii U version much easier than the GameCube version. Also not mentioned is that in the HD version you HAVE TO rescue Tingle before you can buy the Sail.

I still wish there was some way to use the GBA adapter on the Wii U with Nintendont.

Besides, I'm not complaining since the game came with my Wii U and gave me $5 eShop credit.

I wanted to experience the original GameCube version before conquering the HD version as I never played any 3D Zelda game until Twilight Princess for Wii.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

AngelOfDeathEC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Hi guys, sorry to bother you but i've been away from nintentdont about a year ago... are there any advantages to update my version? (wii with gc ports)

sorry for my english.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have performance issues with it. I bought it day 1, too, so it wouldn't have been patched if there were any. It's not $60, either. It's been $50 since the beginning, but since I bought it when it was only digital at the time, it was discounted to either $40 or $30; I can't remember. :P
Either way, the new lighting, heavily increased render distance (No fog), and new things like the Swift Sail, Tingle Bottle, and added camera control make it a much more solid experience. It's worth picking up again.
I heard it has heavy frame drops with particle effects. $30 is still a bit much for me for what would be an update to me. I don't really like the new effects, it looks like someone smeared vaseline across the camera. I wouldn't mind the swift sail, though, or the shorter triforce collecting quest. I'm not saying it's bad, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that doesn't have the original, but I can't see myself going for it when the original still holds up fine for me. Now OoT and MM on the 3DS I completely get because N64 graphics and some mechanics from that time don't hold up at all. I loved those remakes.

I'm actually playing through second quest on WW right now via Nintendont, giving me an excuse to use my new NGC controller I ordered. It's great on Nintendont, for 480p. Eventually I'll upgrade my HTPC and get Dolphin working on there, then it will look even better.

Last edited by TecXero,

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one thing that's not mentioned is that your initial Rupee cap is now 500 instead of 200 in the GameCube version it makes the auctions harder at the beginning. Also in the GameCube version you have to constantly go to the inventory menu to assign items such as the Sail, Grapple Hook, and Bombs during Sailing. I got so used to using A to lift the sail I found myself constantly jumping out of the boat in the GameCube version. By putting the Maps and such on the GamePad, it clears up some of the screen. I do find the Wii U version much easier than the GameCube version. Also not mentioned is that in the HD version you HAVE TO rescue Tingle before you can buy the Sail.

I still wish there was some way to use the GBA adapter on the Wii U with Nintendont.

Besides, I'm not complaining since the game came with my Wii U and gave me $5 eShop credit.

I wanted to experience the original GameCube version before conquering the HD version as I never played any 3D Zelda game until Twilight Princess for Wii.
So it's not easier; just more convenient. :D
I heard it has heavy frame drops with particle effects. $30 is still a bit much for me for what would be an update to me. I don't really like the new effects, it looks like someone smeared vaseline across the camera. I wouldn't mind the swift sail, though, or the shorter triforce collecting quest. I'm not saying it's bad, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that doesn't have the original, but I can't see myself going for it when the original still holds up fine for me. Now OoT and MM on the 3DS I completely get because N64 graphics and some mechanics from that time don't hold up at all. I loved those remakes.

I'm actually playing through second quest on WW right now via Nintendont, giving me an excuse to use my new NGC controller I ordered. It's great on Nintendont, for 480p. Eventually I'll upgrade my HTPC and get Dolphin working on there, then it will look even better.
Hmm, I seriously don't remember the frame drops or anything of the like. I'd still recommend it over the original, but if you already own it, I can understand why. Though I can honestly say that if I had only the original, I'd trade it in to get money to put towards TWWHD instead, personally. :P

Hi guys, sorry to bother you but i've been away from nintentdont about a year ago... are there any advantages to update my version? (wii with gc ports)

sorry for my english.
It's always worth updating. A lot has happened in the past year. You can check out the first post in this thread for information on how to set Nintendont up or update it.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if you have a WiiU adapter with real GC controllers if MGS TS can change controller ports now for Psyco Mantis?

I have the official GC control adapter and will test myself if no one has.
I know 2 players at least work with the adapter.

Also does Mario Arcade GP freeze on saving for everyone, I mean I quit out and it has saved fine but freezes on saving game screen.

Last edited by KongsNutz,

Link_enfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- Nintendont v3.371 on PAL Wii U vWii with 32Gb SD Card -

I have two questions :

- Do GC controllers behave any differently regarding the inputs, triggers and such (even a little bit) when recognized as HID controllers via GC adapter on Wii U (or without using the Native Control options on regular Wii)? Just to know if the Native Control, which of course can't be used on Wii U, has any purpose besides making other GC accessories compatible? Like it'd be more accurate or anything. I guess the HID mapping has been made perfectly accurate but I just wanted to be sure. Melee looks great on Wii U but the gameplay has to be just perfect in high level play (which I do) :)

- I was playing PAL Melee yesterday and heard many short beep sounds after selecting a character, almost on every character I chose and it turned out to be pretty annoying. Never happened on any other game. Is that a known compatibility issue? Would there be any way to avoid it?
Nintendont feels just perfect in any way for the games I currently play on it, so I'd love if Melee could play perfectly as well. Oh and of course I didn't activate the fast disc loading speed. It often causes glitches (at least the music had problems won Melee when I tried it) and I just want to play in original conditions (like if I used the actual disc) with the intended loading times.

Thanks!

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Nintendont v3.371 on PAL Wii U vWii with 32Gb SD Card -

I have two questions :

- Do GC controllers behave any differently regarding the inputs, triggers and such (even a little bit) when recognized as HID controllers via GC adapter on Wii U (or without using the Native Control options on regular Wii)? Just to know if the Native Control, which of course can't be used on Wii U, has any purpose besides making other GC accessories compatible? Like it'd be more accurate or anything. I guess the HID mapping has been made perfectly accurate but I just wanted to be sure. Melee looks great on Wii U but the gameplay has to be just perfect in high level play (which I do) :)

- I was playing PAL Melee yesterday and heard many short beep sounds after selecting a character, almost on every character I chose and it turned out to be pretty annoying. Never happened on any other game. Is that a known compatibility issue? Would there be any way to avoid it?
Nintendont feels just perfect in any way for the games I currently play on it, so I'd love if Melee could play perfectly as well. Oh and of course I didn't activate the fast disc loading speed. It often causes glitches (at least the music had problems won Melee when I tried it) and I just want to play in original conditions (like if I used the actual disc) with the intended loading times.

Thanks!
-It would make sense that it would be the same within tolerance (maybe a difference by maybe a MS at most). If you're unsure, why not do a side by side comparison with a Wii or GameCube and see if you notice a difference.

-I think that was an issue for some people before but I thought it was fixed. Maybe it has something to do with you using PAL, not sure, I've never touched a PAL Wii. Using the thread's search function might be helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment