Hacking Nintendont

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So... why exactly are you here? :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@FIX94 I have a thought, and please bare with me on this, but for the AGB Emulator (GBA emulator for Nintendont) theoretically is it possible to make a seperate save feature for it, maybe something like save state feature, once Nintendont detects you're running a GBA game via AGB Player it starts up a save state feature where you can save your progress on a far better GBA emulator.

Just a thought, I'm more interested in this than the Zelda N64 emulator tbh because of the high compatibility and because vbagx is really slow and laggy and just ruins the experience.

Before anyone says anything, no I don't want to play on a PC :(

saves / save states would be a feature of the emulator itself not nintendont.
nintendont itself is more like a loader not an emulator.

yes, I want perfect emulators for N64, xbox360, ps4, Windows 10 to be run on Wii/WiiU from the Nintendont team, LMAO.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
saves / save states would be a feature of the emulator itself not nintendont.
nintendont itself is more like a loader not an emulator.

yes, I want perfect emulators for N64, xbox360, ps4, Windows 10 to be run on Wii/WiiU from the Nintendont team, LMAO.
The GBA emulator is already there, the only thing missing in it is the save feature, I'm not asking for creating a completely new emulator, just a save statae feature if possible for this one "game" and btw you don't have to be an ass about it.

It's a multiplatform emulator package, which is better than GX emulators.
http://www.libretro.com/

Alright I'll try it and see how this works, thanks.

Reactions: Troopage

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The GBA emulator is already there, the only thing missing in it is the save feature, I'm not asking for creating a completely new emulator, just a save statae feature if possible for this one "game" and btw you don't have to be an ass about it.

I have told you the save state feature should go with the GBA emulator itself, not nintendont. You should ask the GBA emulator developer himself if you can find him.
If nintendont ever created a save state function, it will be for all GC games, not just for a particular emulator or game. It is a kind of system function, not a hack or patch for a particular case. Actually, it can't be a patch/hack, it have to be a new function added into the emulator which is way more difficult than to add a new function into nintendont itself. But that would involve a lot of codes and memory.

My last comment is for those who asked for an N64 emulator from the nintendont team.
I just though of an analogy: if I got so poor that I haven't eaten for a few days and saw a passerby with a bun, I asked him for the bun, a dime/a dollar/10/100/1000 dollar, what would you think?
I guess most would be happy to give me the bun and a few dollars. But if I asked for more than a hunderd dollars, most will just turn away and ignore me all together.

Last edited by tswntk,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a multiplatform emulator package, which is better than GX emulators.
http://www.libretro.com/
I just tested the emulator and while it's better than VBAGX it suffers from other issues like slowdown and input issues, the emulator seems to hate GC controllers for some reason as I get double input most of the time and it's not an issue with my controller.

I tried some games, Sonic Advance 2 ran fine but when I tried YuGiOh it no longer had the annoying frameskip that is with VBAGX but the game ran slow and had audio issues, same results with Rayman Hoodlum Revenge, also the emulator is not user friendly and keeps showing a message on the screen indicating I'm using a GC controller that blocks a big part of the screen, bad design, this can be an issue especially for my siblings and nieces as they're not as nerdy as I am and don't really know how to use such a complex un-organized emulator, I think I'll stick with VBAGX for now and use the AGB emulator for games that don't require saving, but thank you for telling me about it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have told you the save state feature should go with the GBA emulator itself, not nintendont. You should ask the GBA emulator developer himself if you can find him.
If nintendont ever created a save state function, it will be for all GC games, not just for a particular emulator or game. It is a kind of system function, not a hack or patch for a particular case. Actually, it can't be a patch/hack, it have to be a new function added into the emulator which is way more difficult than to add a new function into nintendont itself. But that would involve a lot of codes and memory.
See, now was this hard to say? You don't have to be mean in your comments, seriously most guys in this forum are turning into assholes, this isn't Sonic retro you know, noobs come here asking for help, it's expected to have questions you feel stupid.

My last comment is for those who asked for an N64 emulator from the nintendont team.
I just though of an analogy: if I got so poor that I haven't eaten for a few days and saw a passerby with a bun, I asked him for the bun, a dime/a dollar/10/100/1000 dollar, what would you think?
I guess most would be happy to give me the bun and a few dollars. But if I asked for more than a hunderd dollars, most will just turn away and ignore me all together.
But this isn't like that, nobody's "demanding" or "pegging" for a N64 emulator, it was just a suggestion and the devs have the right to reject it.

Reactions: Troopage

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
See, now was this hard to say? You don't have to be mean in your comments, seriously most guys in this forum are turning into assholes, this isn't Sonic retro you know, noobs come here asking for help, it's expected to have questions you feel stupid.

a mere two straight forward sentences sounds mean? well, thats your interpretation

But this isn't like that, nobody's "demanding" or "pegging" for a N64 emulator, it was just a suggestion and the devs have the right to reject it.

If some one made a request in a single post, thats absolutely OK.
How about putting that into a wish list that pops up every once in a while?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People drop the gba emulator talk seriously, like fix said those emulators are wrote in machine code and its near impossible to alter them let alone add features like saving... just use other gba emulator on the wii really.

Reactions: VinsCool

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, Thanks pedro702. So do you think it would be safe to delete it?
EDIT: Would anyone object if a recommended aspect ratio column was added to the compatibility list? As I've mentioned before, some games look best at 4:3 while some look best at the default 16.11.2.
I was ignored yet again. I didn't do anything wrong to be disrespected like this. It's not stupid to want to be 100% sure of something by asking a couple questions. All of my saves are accounted for, so I don't know about the unnamed raw. :unsure:

So you are telling us to stop wanting and asking for more and be grateful for what we already got? What a whiny thing to say. Of course we are grateful! Wanting more is just part of human nature, and as sonictopfan already said, it's up to the devs if the want to do anything we request or not. It's no biggie. ^_^

a mere two straight forward sentences sounds mean? well, thats your interpretation
He was talking about:
and frankly, I agree with him, although it did give me a good chuckle.:P

People drop the gba emulator talk seriously, like fix said those emulators are wrote in machine code and its near impossible to alter them let alone add features like saving... just use other gba emulator on the wii really.
Yeah, I agree, although the GBA Emulators on the Wii don't function too well. I'm just going to add a GB Emulator to the wishlist. Whatever. :glare:

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I wasn't talking about just you but let's not turn this into an argument please and stay on topic instead.

If some one made a request in a single post, thats absolutely OK.
How about putting that into a wish list that pops up every once in a while?
If a wish list bothers you so much then don't look at it, this is like complaining about someone's signature being ugly :P

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you just want FIX to completely ignore your wish list? its your choice
I just asked him about it recently, before I added the GB Emulator, and he said it was fine with everything in it and that nothing had to be removed just yet. It's not just my wishlist, either; It belongs to the community. If you request anything I'll put it in, and if a dev like Fix has a problem with it, normally they'd let me know immediately.

Reactions: sonictopfan

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's something outside the scope of what Nintendont is, though. It's meant to run Gamecube ROMs. Injecting alternate N64 ROMs into other game discs may or may not work, but it's related to N64 emulation, not Gamecube game booting. I don't think we need Nintendont turning into Homer's car design from The Simpsons.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've been messing with the video width scale option. I tested a bunch of games with it and here are my results, these were done with all NTSC-U copies with only memcard emu and WiiU widescreen (not forced) enabled. I used the maximum width (720) as it was the only one that would fill my entire screen. I did not change the offset.

Version: 3.362
Animal Crossing: Works as intended.
Crash Bandicoot - The Wrath of Cortex: Works as intended.
Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker: Works as intended.
Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess: Works as intended.
Luigi's Mansion: Hard crashes on boot, black screen.
Mario Kart Double Dash: Works as intended.
Mario Party 4: Works as intended.
Metroid Prime: Game is fine, but you cannot see anything but a couple green blocks, audio and controls are fine.
Pacman World 2: Hard crashes on boot, black screen.
Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door: Works as intended.
Resident Evil: Works as intended
Resident Evil 2: Mostly works, there's still some of the black bars on the sides of the screen
Resident Evil 3: Mostly works, there's still some of the black bars on the sides of the screen
Resident Evil 4: Hard crashes on boot, there's some green pixels near the bottom right of the screen.
Resident Evil Code - Veronica X: Partially works, fine during gameplay but cuts off during door animations and cutscenes.
Resident Evil Zero: Works until the Capcom logo, then it acts as if there's no width applied.
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: Hard crashes on boot, black screen.
Sonic Adventure DX: Works as intended, even the game gear minigames stretch properly.
Sonic Heroes: Works as intended.
Starfox Assault: Game is fine but the width is not applied.
Super Mario Sunshine: Game is fine but the width is not applied.
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Hard crashes on boot, black screen.
Wario World: Game is fine but the width is not applied.

I hope this is helpful. I don't know if this feature was intended to be tested or not, but i really appreciate the inclusion of it. If someone can help me duplicate the problem games i'd be grateful.

Reactions: VinsCool

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've been messing with the video width scale option. I tested a bunch of games with it and here are my results, these were done with all NTSC-U copies with only memcard emu and WiiU widescreen (not forced) enabled. I used the maximum width (720) as it was the only one that would fill my entire screen. I did not change the offset.
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Hard crashes on boot, black screen.
I hope this is helpful. I don't know if this feature was intended to be tested or not, but i really appreciate the inclusion of it. If someone can help me duplicate the problem games i'd be grateful.
I got Melee to work by forcing progressive. Kind of odd.

Dakota Worzella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with the game Pokemon Box. Whenever i play it. when I choose to look in the box or when i leave the adventure option, the screen goes black and stays that way. when i chose adventure, the game boy part of the screen shows up, but not the nintendo part, meaning that it didn't detect a game. why is this happening. the compatibility list says it works perfectly fine

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am having trouble with the game Pokemon Box. Whenever i play it. when I choose to look in the box or when i leave the adventure option, the screen goes black and stays that way. when i chose adventure, the game boy part of the screen shows up, but not the nintendo part, meaning that it didn't detect a game. why is this happening. the compatibility list says it works perfectly fine
pokemon box only works with native controlles On are you using native On?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol