Hacking Nintendont

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every usb port works the issue isnt the usb port but two drives connected at the same time, incase you didnt understand.
I have no problem having 2 drives connected until I try to run Nintendont.

While I agree it's only a minor inconvenience to unplug the Wii U drive, certainly you can agree it would be nice not to have to? There's no need to start insulting people

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem having 2 drives connected until I try to run Nintendont.

While I agree it's only a minor inconvenience to unplug the Wii U drive, certainly you can agree it would be nice not to have to? There's no need to start insulting people

It'd be nice, but right now it just isn't possible because of how IOS 58 (what Nintendont uses to mount storage devices) functions. As for Pedro being rude... Yeah, but I can see where he's coming from. The answers to your question are in the OP, and the question you've asked has been answered at least a half dozen times throughout the thread

Reactions: pedro702

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It'd be nice, but right now it just isn't possible because of how IOS 58 (what Nintendont uses to mount storage devices) functions. As for Pedro being rude... Yeah, but I can see where he's coming from. The answers to your question are in the OP, and the question you've asked has been answered at least a half dozen times throughout the thread
yeah we awnsered this question like 30 times already and its on the OP to boot so its easy to get annoyed really.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jameythepoet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helpppp!!! I have followed tutorials. Stuck! I have Nintendont working fine
BUT....
I'm using Configurable Usb Loader 70_r78, when I boot a game it takes me to the Nintendont usb, sd select screen, or autoboot
once i've run a game.
How do you get the game to boot directly??? Tried everything I've come across. Only to find videos of it working and
utter failure here :(

2 partitions on my usb hdd. ntfs with wbfs games for wii and FAT32 with gc stuff

Is there a magic trick I'm missing here?? I've come across people having this issue, but nobody ever posts how they got around it.... ugggh

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Helpppp!!! I have followed tutorials. Stuck! I have Nintendont working fine
BUT....
I'm using Configurable Usb Loader 70_r78, when I boot a game it takes me to the Nintendont usb, sd select screen, or autoboot
once i've run a game.
How do you get the game to boot directly??? Tried everything I've come across. Only to find videos of it working and
utter failure here :(

2 partitions on my usb hdd. ntfs with wbfs games for wii and FAT32 with gc stuff

Is there a magic trick I'm missing here?? I've come across people having this issue, but nobody ever posts how they got around it.... ugggh

Turn Autoboot on. You're gonna have to find it/have someone else tell you because I don't know where it is in CFG's settings

Reactions: jameythepoet

jameythepoet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had seen you post something like that from before, been convinced that was my whole issue... Thank u for confirming. Anybody on here know how to alter cfg hidden settings? No option in Gui for it... :(

jameythepoet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a regular Wii if that changes anything. The loader settings override nintendonts...
. So it won't stay. Anybody who use cfg as a loader with gc booting correctly. Can I have a copy of your configuration files. idk. Desperate now... lol Is there an easier loader. I always liked cfg for wii stuff

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a regular Wii if that changes anything. The loader settings override nintendonts...
. So it won't stay. Anybody who use cfg as a loader with gc booting correctly. Can I have a copy of your configuration files. idk. Desperate now... lol Is there an easier loader. I always liked cfg for wii stuff

The last version of CFG I tried writes the nincfg.bin file on the SD card whether the games are on USB or not. Nintendont will not pick it up there as it looks for the config file on the root of the drive the games are on.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to the people who know how the game is supposed to run may check this out:
-added a dirty workaround for freekstyle running too quick, this is not an actual timer fix but more of a slowdown effect
It is abusing an existing cheatcode to get the game running at about 100%, its not really accurate though, just see for yourself.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to the people who know how the game is supposed to run may check this out:
-added a dirty workaround for freekstyle running too quick, this is not an actual timer fix but more of a slowdown effect
It is abusing an existing cheatcode to get the game running at about 100%, its not really accurate though, just see for yourself.

And then there was one.

Hopefully freekstyle gets looked at again in the future.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And then there was one.

Hopefully freekstyle gets looked at again in the future.
the time is near 100% accuracy from my check with the game timer on freestyle mode

3 minutes ingame are 2:59:800 ms more or less in real time so yeah its almost perfect those ms off are probably what i missed when stopping/starting the stopwatch.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the time is near 100% accuracy from my check with the game timer on freestyle mode

3 minutes ingame are 2:59:800 ms more or less in real time so yeah its almost perfect those ms off are probably what i missed when stopping/starting the stopwatch.

That's pretty damn close for a 3 minute check...

BooLWiigiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Who changed "Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (Preview)" to orange with 3.329 on the compatibility list? The only issue is a widescreen issue, apart that, this preview is entirely playable, I'm wrong? As it is playable without activating an option, it should be green. Sorry, but it is annoying, there were only GT Cube and someone adds SA DX: Director's Cut (Preview) only for widescreen...:P

Unfortunately, I can't try this time (bachelor preparation) but I really wanted to thank FIX94 for the great work, I'm following the development of Nintendont from the very beginning, when only Wind Waker was working, and seeing that today the compatibility is perfect, it's amazing!!:lol: I can not wait to finish my exams!!!

Chrnosclock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be 100% sure to let it working you should use a FAT32 partition as the first partition using MBR as partition table, you can have a NTSC as second partition if you really need to, it should work.

I found the problem!
I nearly tried everything: change of USB cables, change of USB slot, tried to change my FAT32 cluster (since the opening post sounds like only a 32k cluster or less is supported!) and there, my partition software tells me, that my drive has been set to logical, instead of primary. Since changing it back to primary it's working without a problem, even with the Triforce titles. So I would suggest, to add it to the opening post. ;)

Reactions: GreyWolf

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's the bonehead that keeps changing fully working games from green to orange? Are they too afraid to come forward and admit that they're trolling? The Wiki should be locked or at least people should be forced to log in (as in, only allow users to log in with username and passwords).

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt