Hacking Nintendont

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi I'm having a slight problem with the game Kururin Squash, I specifically tried it because I saw Fix94 posted about it in this thread.

It's a lot of fun so far, but I've noticed some problems with the audio. The music will sometimes just cut out for the whole level, or be stuck on loop. I've noticed this the most with levels 1-5 and 1-6. I know this is a relatively obscure game, but is this known/ can it be fixed?

its not just a problem with that game, every game using the HAL hps audio player including melee have these audio problems for unknown reasons. Even dolphin has those problems.

jwitz

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone able to help me? Loading Nintendont on my PAL Wii makes the screen have a red tint to it. I think it's something to do with it being connected via RGB. If I change the video setting to "none" before loading PAL iso's, the red tint goes away when playing the game.

Doing that with NTSC iso's keeps the red tint. There is only the option for forcing NTSC and not PAL in the menu. Is this going to be added in the future?

Here's a picture:

http://imgur.com/hvNgdyh

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody help me get classic controller via Wiimote support working? Some pages says you need a controller.ini file for it, others say you don't. I've got my DS4 working fine with it, but no matter what, I can't get the Classic Controller to work. I've disabled USB HID, and the remote is synced. I can navigate Nintendont with the Wiimote/Classic Controller, but when I boot up a game, the controller shuts off, and won't reconnect.

And while we're at it, there's no way I can do multiplayer with a DS4 and a Classic Controller, right? I'd love to play some Mario Party 4 with my brother :lol:

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its not just a problem with that game, every game using the HAL hps audio player including melee have these audio problems for unknown reasons. Even dolphin has those problems.

just some more info, I'm looking into that issue for a while now and it seems like making disc reads more realistic to the actual disc drive makes this problem disappear. Maybe we can have a new option in the settings menu, something like emulate disc read speed?

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
just some more info, I'm looking into that issue for a while now and it seems like making disc reads more realistic to the actual disc drive makes this problem disappear. Maybe we can have a new option in the settings menu, something like emulate disc read speed?
Fix, i got a question about the bios. if I wanted to explore the main menu of it halting booting the game, how do I do it? so basically like in your video where you explored it.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
well if this exception works it usualy fully works.So im happy to see it worked this exception is preety extreme it usualy goes both ways like fully fixing a game or not even let it get ingame so its why its an exception.
Well I made some testing, Sonic The Fighters crashes every time at the SEGA title screen, but the other two games seem to work fine.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm all for that especially if it means there's a possibility it'll fix Sonic Riders, I wounder if this should be an option though or if it should just be implemented instead, I don't see why it would break some games.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so yea here we go:
-added a small disc read delay which should make sure that the read speed is somewhat equal to the original disc drive, this should fix some weird game issues such as suddenly stopping music in kururin squash
-added the japanese wind waker demo to the __gxsetvat list
-added sonic mega collection and moved sonic gems collection arstartdma exception
Oh and it doesnt help sonic riders, why are all sonic games for gc so terribly coded? Seriously every single one of them has big issues, its terrible.

GOT4N

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
so yea here we go:
-added a small disc read delay which should make sure that the read speed is somewhat equal to the original disc drive, this should fix some weird game issues such as suddenly stopping music in kururin squash
-added sonic mega collection and moved sonic gems collection arstartdma exception
Oh and it doesnt help sonic riders, why are all sonic games for gc so terribly coded? Seriously every single one of them has big issues, its terrible.
making a disc speed version would be good for individual level speedrun (such as Sonic R where loading times are normally horribly long) :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
so on the papper mario exception was only sonic the fighters that had issues too?
I guess so, but Sonic R didn't crash on me before either so I can't confirm nor deny, Sonic The Fighters crashed in r307 after 6 matches but now it doesn't even get past the SEGA logo, weird.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
so yea here we go:
Wait, Sonic Mega Collection is fixed? Does this include the Japanese version and the proto version? I'll test it once I get the chance but the TV is being hugged now, I hope it's fixed :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, Sonic Mega Collection is fixed? Does this include the Japanese version and the proto version? I'll test it once I get the chance but the TV is being hugged now, I hope it's fixed :)

Why proto/demo/beta versions? most of time they share a gameid which is common for demo versions, so any won't be fixed if one is added on a list of whatever exeption.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
fixed its a loose term for that i mean games have a higher chance of starting with sound and the disc speed change seemed to make the bad audio more well rare, but a good test is always welcome on every game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: