Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you should avoid any clone/3rd party controllers, homebrews can be really unstable (crash dump)...and Nintendont does not like that a lot ;)
BTW classic controller PRO does not have analog triggers, which is a pain in the *ss especially to play GC games ! Nothing is better (except a real GC controller, of course) than a real white classic controller with analog triggers.

Wii game launcher usually have filters, maybe you can try to disable GC games. Or you can change path of GC games in Wii loader's options.

Reactions: Natural

themacmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help... I am very distressed about the lack of analog triggers... I thought the PRO model would at least have that?! Bummer...

btw. I really hated the white "bar-of-soap" controller. I found it very uncomfortable to use. I am hoping the CCPro will be identical to the PS2 controller, which I love.

I didn't play many GC games back when I had one (Viewtiful Joe and both Super Monkey Ball games). What games are absolutely impossible to play without analog?

Oh, and if I got the latest download from Github, what is the best way of switching layouts (or do I even HAVE layouts?). Once my Classic Controller Pro arrives, should it "just work" with the defaults?

I think I messed up before, putting all games in the /games directory (instead of /games and /wbfs). I think I will try the dual Fat32/NTFS combination, and point each launcher at the relevant partition (easiest way!). Many thanks again for all the help.

Last edited by themacmeister,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
default CC mapping is ready to use with GC games.

Some games not really playable (at least not like on real hardware) without analog shoulders, IMHO :

- Luigi's Mansion (vacuum)
- F-Zero GX
games that use triggers to brake/accelerate

I really don't understand why they have removed analog triggers with CC Pro (copyright infringement maybe ?)...but for my part, I like CC much more than Pro :gba:

themacmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, Luigi's Mansion would be really tricky...

Quote from site (which I should have paid way more attention to...)

"Please note that it is NOT compatible with Nintendo GameCube Games"

I just thought this was because of the connector, and not plugging in the GC port...

Anyways, it cost about US$7 with free delivery... if it even works SLIGHTLY, I will be pleased :-P

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I played and finished Luigi's Mansion with a wii U pro controller (no analog triggers). Zero problems. Super Mario Sunshine, on the other hand, forced me to buy a GC controller

Sadgoomba

Trophies
XP
Country
To experience Zelda Wind Waker on Wiimote&nunchuk can we have this config;

GCN A --> Wii A
GCN B --> Wii B
GCN Z --> Wii D-pad UP
GCN X --> Wii D-pad RIGHT
GCN Y --> Wii D-pad LEFT
GCN Shoulder RIGHT --> Wii D-pad DOWN
GCN Start --> Wii -
GCN D-pad UP --> Wii +
GCN Shoulder LEFT --> NUN Z
GCN D-pad Rıght --> 1
GCN C Stick --> NUN C & Tilt

I'd appreciate if someone experienced would create this config, It can be used for original Twilight Princess too.

Last edited by Sadgoomba,

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
Hello. :)
Is it possible to use mario kart wii wiimote controls(no nunchuk(or nunchuk as second controller) with double dash or another racers?

Shalashaska888

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Can anyone help me to create this personalized mapping for metal gear.

Please use the latest version of Nintendont below (downloaded via Wii but not found on official page)

http://wikisend.com/download/472198/boot.dol

Thanks a lot.
2_UP_V2.jpg

Last edited by Shalashaska888,

Zyrvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello guys, please help.

in the game, I change the type of control (hold the 2 buttion and press 1) dont like this "Nunchuk Tilt left for L" and "Nunchuk Tilt right for R" How to make this type to default control, without nunchak tilt?

Eckner

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello friend, I see that you are the man who plays FPS here, well, I'm not being able to play with IR, could you please give me a hand? I'm trying to play Time Splitters 3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, I supplemented the OP's example button mappings based on your suggestions. I also separated them to definitive (that we all can agree) and ''as yet undecided'' parts.

Please read above!

IAmCaptPlanet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would love to be able to set this up somehow

Gamecube original button -> wiimote/nunchuck replacement

L (full press) -> Z
R (full press) -> B

Analog stick -> Nunchuck stick

Z, B, Y, & X -> Dpad Up, Down, Left, and Right

A -> A

Dpad -> hold 1 and use wiimote Dpad

C-Stick -> hold C on nunchuck + Dpad
L (half press) -> hold C on nunchuck + Z
R (half press) -> hold C on nunchuck + B
Start -> hold C on nunchuck + 1

that would cover all the functions (and in my opinion be a better default)

also, a hold C to use IR as C stick could work okay probably.

Last edited by IAmCaptPlanet,

Pablovi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I’m new to Nintendont, only installed it yesterday. And I’m testing the wiimote + nunchuck defaults configurations, does IR works for aiming? I never played Metroid Prime on the GCN, just the trilogy on the Wii,a en you could use it aiming, is this possible on Nintendont?

Thanks in advanced.

Lewi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find a way to set the button config. I load HID Test and it freezes on the black screen with loading... help??

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Trying out the different configurations for different games. The default setting works surprisingly well in F-Zero GX.

In general, I have observed that swinging (Nunchuk or Wiimote) is not utilized. Also, the C button is often used as a switch. There are also other potential ways to activate a switch function: tilting the Wiimote sideways (see Call of Duty series on Wii and Wii U) or lifting the Nunchuk upwards. Just an idea.

The + and - button are somewhat hard to reach (except with a certain 3rd party Wiimote). Nintendo should have really attached them as "kidney buttons" around the A button (like X and Y on the GC controller).

EDIT: Regarding IR. It's amazing pointer controls were implemented, but as long as the neutral position is that big, it's very hard to aim. I wonder if this was a deliberate decision to make the camera view more stable. But I think precision should have priority.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.