nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi man!

Received beta 12 from Howard, based on r2.192. Now Namco Museum, Spartan:Total Warrior & 007:From Russia With Love also work with NC controls, woot woot!

Reactions: VinsCool

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any way to make use of motion+ for more precise aiming, and possibly motion controls of the wiimote (shake,flick, tilt)?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any way to make use of motion+ for more precise aiming, and possibly motion controls of the wiimote (shake,flick, tilt)?
Motion+ would not give us anything any more precise than it already is.
Motion controls of the wiimote are possable to use. How do you invision them being useful?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motion+ would not give us anything any more precise than it already is.
Motion controls of the wiimote are possible to use. How do you envision them being useful?
Perhaps the c stick could be tied to wiimote tilt. Has this been tried?
Or
I know this might be a long shot, but would there be any way that users could create a separate custom config for each game, placing them in the game's folder? Any games that do not have a custom config would use the default method in place now.

For some games, I would like to use the IR to control the camera, but left=right and vice versa. I would like to switch those values just for certain games.

Also, is it just me, or is the IR aiming just a little too sensitive?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps the c stick could be tied to wiimote tilt. Has this been tried?

Dosent work. You change the tilt as you move your finger to press buttons.

I know this might be a long shot, but would there be any way that users could create a separate custom config for each game, placing them in the game's folder? Any games that do not have a custom config would use the default method in place now.
It is not something I would implement. It will become a support nightmare. And anyone that could understand the commands that would be needed to do it would find it easier to just change the source.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, what about having a toggle in combo with IR aiming? And is there anything that can be done about the deadzone? I find myself moving just a little and overshooting my mark.

What config is best for games in which you must use the dpad to move (MKDA)?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, what about having a toggle in combo with IR aiming?
A toggle to toggle between what and what?

is there anything that can be done about the deadzone? I find myself moving just a little and overshooting my mark.
You need to state which game, which configuration and what you are doing so everyone can see what your seeing. The more details you give the easier it is for everyone to understand. Any dead zone is added by the game not nintendont. Nintendont IR tries to compensate for it by moving slightly faster around the center.

What config is best for games in which you must use the dpad to move (MKDA)?
For games that require the dpad for movement I sugest using the default.
If MKDA is like the other mortal kombat games that require multiple buttons in rapid sucession i recomend not using a nunchuck.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A toggle to toggle between what and what?

You need to state which game, which configuration and what you are doing so everyone can see what your seeing. The more details you give the easier it is for everyone to understand. Any dead zone is added by the game not nintendont. Nintendont IR tries to compensate for it by moving slightly faster around the center.

For games that require the dpad for movement I sugest using the default.
If MKDA is like the other mortal kombat games that require multiple buttons in rapid sucession i recomend not using a nunchuck.
I'll get back to ya on that. But lemme ask you this. Is there a "compatibility list" showing what configurations work best with each game?

Also, I have a bit of an issue with the FPS scheme (-1) How exactly is it supposed to work when L is aim, and R is fire (Time Splitters)?

Took the liberty of illustrating the current control schemes, for the more visual crowd.

Attachments

• -1.bmp
    537.7 KB · Views: 248
  • -DOWN.bmp
    537.7 KB · Views: 262
  • -LEFT.bmp
    537.7 KB · Views: 221
  • -RIGHT.bmp
    692.3 KB · Views: 216
  • -UP.bmp
    537.7 KB · Views: 167
  • -2.bmp
    692.3 KB · Views: 222
  • -.bmp
    537.7 KB · Views: 245

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Drak0rex
wiimote IR>>>>>>wiimote tilt as far as precision goes. Also, IR is used for fps games, since it is absolutely ideal for this genre. For other types of games there are the 5 other configs (- and d-pad left/- and d-pad right/- and d-pad up/- and d-pad down as well as the default) that do not use IR.

Also, deadzone is a game thing. Moreover, in game sensitivity can be managed in almost all GC fps games bar Timesplitters 2, MoH Frontline, King Kong & Geist. All 14+ other GC fps games let you manage it.

About MK DA:
1) It is perfectly playable with one of the 5 above configs. I use naggers for example. I also play Midways Arcade Treasures 2 Mortal Kombat 3 & Mortal Kombat 2 perfectly with naggers (analog stick for movement ans using in game custom button mapping). NC & wiimote buttons also play well for MK Trilogy on WiiSX for anyone interested in MK fighting games.
2) Wiimote & Nunchuck are ambidextrous. Hold wiimote with your left hand if you wanna use the dpad. Also you can use the CC for this game that has an awesome dpad.
3) Ever tried MK Armageddon on Wii? It has almost all content (stages, characters) from all GC MK games combined and then some. Also has native Wiimote & NC controls. I much prefer the 2d MKs myself though.

I'll get back to ya on that. But lemme ask you this. Is there a "compatibility list" showing what configurations work best with each game?

Also, I have a bit of an issue with the FPS scheme (-1) How exactly is it supposed to work when L is aim, and R is fire (Time Splitters)?

Took the liberty of illustrating the current control schemes, for the more visual crowd.

(- 1) config was temporary when trying the IR in older betas and as Howard said, it will go away in future revisions.
(- 2) is used now for fps.
BTW, Timesplitters is a bad example, as those are playable even with (- 1) config, due to in complete in game button customization. :P

Nice work on the illustrations, great idea! I see the (- 2) illustration has two omissions though. First the GC B button should be d-pad down and the GC L & R triggers should be C & NC tilt left or right.

P.S. Howard any ideas about NC tilt replacement or removal, for the (-2) config?

Seismonaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What I'd like in some games where I use naggers config, like Super Mario Sunshine, would be to reverse the x-axis of the nc tilt for easier camera controlling..

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys

Wiimote + nunchuck is a beta it is not a mod. Dont refer to it as a mod.

Always state what beta version you are commenting on.

If your having problems with the beta the only place to get help with it is this thread.
First try using the NON beta version. If the NON beta has the same problem ask in the main thread without mentioning the beta.
Do not ask for help with the beta in the main nintendont thread. They cant help you.

Please refer to nunchuck configurations by name not the button presses you use to access them. The buttons will change prior to the release.

Drak0rex you must have been tired Their are several other errors in addition to an entire missing config.

What other games dont use the Stick and the cStick besides mkda?

Does anyone have a favorite config for mario kart or f-zero? Just wondering.
The racing A gas config is intended for that type of control requirements.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys

Wiimote + nunchuck is a beta it is not a mod. Dont refer to it as a mod.

Always state what beta version you are commenting on.

If your having problems with the beta the only place to get help with it is this thread.
First try using the NON beta version. If the NON beta has the same problem ask in the main thread without mentioning the beta.
Do not ask for help with the beta in the main nintendont thread. They cant help you.

Please refer to nunchuck configurations by name not the button presses you use to access them. The buttons will change prior to the release.

Drak0rex you must have been tired Their are several other errors in addition to an entire missing config.

The racing A gas config is intended for that type of control requirements.
Does that mean you plan to merge it with the official version eventually?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does that mean you plan to merge it with the official version eventually?

Yes he is doing that.
The betas are only for the donators.
Once the donators and Howard seem satisfied with the current state of the beta and they all fell good with the configuration, the Nunchuck beta will be merged with the official Nintendont

He stated so a few pages back.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure I follow. There are six different configs listed on the front page, and I posted all six. (I see what I did there. One got lost on my desktop) :P Not only did I go by what was written for each one, I tested each one out as I did so. In fact, there are some errors on the front page that I guess escaped your attention:

d-pad Right = naggers config Z=R 1=R1/2 B=L 2=L1/2 A=A U=Z D=B R=X L=Y C makes (Dpad=Standard and tilt controls cStick)

button TWO = FPS
using IR as cStick alt based on naggers
A=A B=L Z=R 1=R1/2 2=L1/2
IR controls the cStick
Dpad U=Z D=B R=X L=Y
C pressed Dpad=Standard
C pressed L R nunchuc tilt tied to L R analog triggers.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Almost none, even MKDA uses the analog if you wish to, IIRC. I think Drakorex meant it was easier for him to play MKDA with a dpad, since it is a fighting game that's why he asked for the above.

Anyway, if the (- 1) config goes, i have a config idea that maps the GC d-pad to NC analog, c as a button (like Z=L, B=R, A=A, C=B, dpad down= Z, dpad left=Y, dpad right= X) for simple 2D gc games that also used the GC dpad for movement and not only the GC analog. Games like Ikaruga, Hudson Bonk remake, Hudson Adventure Island remake, Namco Museum, etc.
(edit: this would be for a wiimote only mod but it is for another topic, so ignore that for now)

Does anyone have a favorite config for mario kart or f-zero? Just wondering.

There is racing A as Howard said, but in Master Cup i use naggers (- and dpad right). Why? Cause in F Zero GX you sometimes need to double tap GC L or R (wiimote and NC Z & B, respectively) so you can turn faster when others hit you, or you can take drift turns if you hold them (GC L&R ie NC Z&B) pressed together. For Waverace: Blue Storm, racing A is quite good.

Fixed. Feel free to add them to the front page if you want.

Will do, thanks!

As for the state of the beta, IMHO it is nearly perfect, after many many hours of gameplay, only the naggers IR (- 2) needs the NC tilt to go for the reasons i explained before in fps games and accidental inputs. The other 5 configs are fine, the (- 1) one going away as Howard said before.

Seismonaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so my Home-Exit Button has been broken since Beta 10 (2.178), do I need some specific controller.ini or is everything hardcoded in Nintendont?
When I press Home, the game stops, screen goes black and it stays that way. Have to unplug the console everytime.

Edit: I will try it with the main app and classic controller later. (Do I need a controller.ini for classic controller?)

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sounds like it is a loader issue on your behalf. Never had this occur to me. I use USBL GX and option is exit to:USB loader. Have you set up your usb loader exit function as well?

Also, no you do not need an .ini file for CC, NC or CC Pro controllers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended