Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh so you are replacing the bios with a png video! so we can't press A and Z and what not during boot!
if that's the case then this is not a fix

I like the boot animation, but I don't like waiting for the BIOS to load and then the game to load. I then thought of extracting the frames from the BIOS and playing the video on a separate thread while the game was booting instead of displaying text or a progress bar! As far as the other BIOS functions go, I use Dolphin to manage my memory cards, and if I really need the other functions, then I just boot the BIOS manually. One thing about my mod: It only plays the animation when auto-booting a game. If you just boot Nintendont directly, then you get the normal game selection menu. Also, the press B to cancel auto-boot is removed, but it automatically cancels the auto-boot for the next time you load it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I like the boot animation, but I don't like waiting for the BIOS to load and then the game to load. I then thought of extracting the frames from the BIOS and playing the video on a separate thread while the game was booting instead of displaying text or a progress bar! As far as the other BIOS functions go, I use Dolphin to manage my memory cards, and if I really need the other functions, then I just boot the BIOS manually. One thing about my mod: It only plays the animation when auto-booting a game. If you just boot Nintendont directly, then you get the normal game selection menu. Also, the press B to cancel auto-boot is removed, but it automatically cancels the auto-boot for the next time you load it.

Would you share a .dol file I could test myself ? ^^
I'm impressed you managed to do that!

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yesterday I installed this version of Nintendont over the official one and the themes are fantastic!

But I have a strange issue:
I play with original Gamecube controller on WiiU with the official WiiU adapter from Nintendo and when the game begins the joypad starts to rumble since the Loader theme stays on the screen.

When the game is loaded the rumble goes off and the joypad works correctly.

Maybe is a bug or a wrong setting of mine?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Yesterday I installed this version of Nintendont over the official one and the themes are fantastic!

But I have a strange issue:
I play with original Gamecube controller on WiiU with the official WiiU adapter from Nintendo and when the game begins the joypad starts to rumble since the Loader theme stays on the screen.

When the game is loaded the rumble goes off and the joypad works correctly.

Maybe is a bug or a wrong setting of mine?
this controller part is exactly the same as official, you can double check your controller ini files or update them internally via update menu

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
There is no significant difference in speed with or without the verbose output.

It must be someway to cut off some time, like storing the BIOS in cache during the boot process or something... Although the BIOS file is pretty low sized, it should load in RAM pretty fast :unsure:.
Actually your multithread approach is very interesting.

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Mysterio, that mod is awesome! The actual BIOS functions are next to useless for me personally, so masking the loading time with that animation is a wonderful solution!

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this controller part is exactly the same as official, you can double check your controller ini files or update them internally via update menu

I tried to start the GC game directly with Nintendont and I didn't have the issue.
So I tried to start the GC game from USB Loader GX (as usual) and I got the problem.
After that, I checked the settings in the game on USB Loader GX and I notice that the "Force Widescreen" option was set to OFF. Set it on "Use global" the problem disappeared.

It is interesting that "Force Widescreen" was already set to OFF in USB Loader GX global setting
I didn't do any update yesterday (Theme, controllers, titles...) because I always got UPDATE ERROR: -1. Maybe a server problem or my connection problem?

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same here, just switched from Nintendont to NintendontMod since I wanted to use the updater for the bios and such, got Update Error : -1. (using 3.327 on pal Wii U...why ist pal bios recommended btw?)
tahnks a lot in advance for the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.