Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my "badass" idea:
I have the GCN boot animation and sound playing on a separate processor thread while the game boots:
(Sorry the sound is out-of-sync, my cheap video capture device doesn't work very well.)

You mean covering up the verbose with the boot animation? Would be badass but very difficult

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I mean, and that's exactly what I did!

The closest we got in the mod right now is making the verbose completely a blacks screen and the bios will boot the animation afterwards. Not sure if saving the extra 5 seconds is worth the time though.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The closest we got in the mod right now is making the verbose completely a blacks screen and the bios will boot the animation afterwards. Not sure if saving the extra 5 seconds is worth the time though.

Oh, I figured out why you're acting like it's not worth the time it would take to do this mod. I actually have already done it and I have a boot.dol that I meant to upload, but gbatemp blocked it because it was too big. Here is the link to the file.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I figured out why you're acting like it's not worth the time it would take to do this mod. I actually have already done it and I have a boot.dol that I meant to upload, but gbatemp blocked it because it was too big. Here is the link to the file.

Going to test it out later. If it's bug free then you can share the source and get it added to the master mod

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to test it out later. If it's bug free then you can share the source and get it added to the master mod
The only drawback is the size of the dol. Because the Nintendont GRRLIB version can't use JPG images, I had to make the frames PNG. That increased the size of the animation from 1.5MB to 4MB. The total size of boot.dol is about 6MB. (Versus the old 1.5MB.) :( And I did try putting the frames on the SD instead of in the DOL and using GRRLIB_LoadTextureFromFile(), but then the loading time was too slow. The animation didn't play at full speed even for my EP extra fast SD card.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Here's my "badass" Nintendont mod:
I have the GCN boot animation and sound playing on a separate processor thread while the game boots:
(Sorry the sound is out-of-sync, my cheap video capture device doesn't work very well.)
I attached a video of my Nintendont mod booting Luigi's mansion.
Here is the link to the boot.dol.
So does this fix the bios lag for emulated mc more than 4 mb?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The only drawback is the size of the dol. Because the Nintendont GRRLIB version can't use JPG images, I had to make the frames PNG. That increased the size of the animation from 1.5MB to 4MB. The total size of boot.dol is about 6MB. (Versus the old 1.5MB.) :( And I did try putting the frames on the SD instead of in the DOL and using GRRLIB_LoadTextureFromFile(), but then the loading time was too slow. The animation didn't play at full speed even for my EP extra fast SD card.
oh so you are replacing the bios with a png video! so we can't press A and Z and what not during boot!
if that's the case then this is not a fix

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users