Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
@Batt discovered a bug (thanks for reporting) that could crash Nintendont while showing the BIOS. I would like everyone to redownload the update who is on r387 already to avoid crashes. Just use the internal updater. I'm sorry for this...

Last edited by send0r,
Reactions: Clutz450

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an icon and meta.xml file for the mastermod version? I ask because when I first started using this mod all I did was overwrite the orginal boot.dol in my nintendont folder this mod's boot.dol and everything has been working great. But whenever I go into HBC to launch it (which I only do when I want to update. I use USB Loader GX to actually launch the games) it still shows the regular Nintendont icon and has the regular Nintendont description. It's not really a big deal or anything but I would like it to show and say mastermod version if that is possible.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly offline.
You really don't need that whole pack. Just that one loading screen I had talked to you about before. All the rest is putting themes in nintendont itself which is only something you would do if you were planning on launching your games from nintendont. At least that's my opinion.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about my question above about an xml file and icon for the mastermod version that I can use with Homebrew Channel?

Is there an icon and meta.xml file for the mastermod version? I ask because when I first started using this mod all I did was overwrite the orginal boot.dol in my nintendont folder this mod's boot.dol and everything has been working great. But whenever I go into HBC to launch it (which I only do when I want to update. I use USB Loader GX to actually launch the games) it still shows the regular Nintendont icon and has the regular Nintendont description. It's not really a big deal or anything but I would like it to show and say mastermod version if that is possible.

Reactions: lordelan

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
What about my question above about an xml file and icon for the mastermod version that I can use with Homebrew Channel?

icon.png

icon2.png
You could edit the XML File yourself if you want to display it something else ;)

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I don't really need the XML to say anything specific. It's just right now I think the xml that is there is the official Nintendont one from the last time I updated the official one. I just wasn't sure if you guys had your own that would be updated with the mastermod updates that would have your descriptions of what changed, what version it is on, who was involved in creating it, etc.

posthum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can only save the settings in Nintendont Mastermod 387 when I launch it via the HBC. When I try to launch it from Wiiflow (using the latest Abz Mastermod) the settings have all reverted to defaults. Is this expected behaviour?

All I'm really after beyond the vanilla Nintendont included in the Wiiflow mastermod is to be able to use a custom loader screen - perhaps there is another way to accomplish that?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Mr. Mysterio's Mod r388 is online :)

I can only save the settings in Nintendont Mastermod 387 when I launch it via the HBC. When I try to launch it from Wiiflow (using the latest Abz Mastermod) the settings have all reverted to defaults. Is this expected behaviour?
From what I know, Abz Mastermod WiiFlow deletes the config file/writes a new one before booting Nintendont to give Nintendont the right settings. That's why the config is flushed.

Reactions: Troopage

posthum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds right - and I'd be fine with that if autoboot was working when I launch GC games from Wiiflow using Nintendont Mastermod, but it doesn't seem to be? Will instead ask me to choose between SD/USB.

Switching back to vanilla Nintendont 387 works just fine with autobooting from Wiiflow - but obviously doesn't allow custom load screens...

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi AbdallahTerro,

I hope you are doing ok, we miss your nintendont releases among other things. I hope you are well.

Warm regards
Pepois
Thanks for checking
all is cool just away from wii these days
hopefully I'll update the mod soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That sounds right - and I'd be fine with that if autoboot was working when I launch GC games from Wiiflow using Nintendont Mastermod, but it doesn't seem to be? Will instead ask me to choose between SD/USB.

Switching back to vanilla Nintendont 387 works just fine with autobooting from Wiiflow - but obviously doesn't allow custom load screens...

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated!
you have to update both wiiflow and nintendont mastermods for the autoboot to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: