Homebrew Nintendont resetting the system with DS3 controller

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So Nintendont used to work just fine with my normal HID USB controller but that one died and now I'm trying to use my PS3 controller. First I tried the Nintendont app and that just kept glitching out the menu arrow thing, crashed when I got in-game or some times got in the game but the controller didn't work.

So I downloaded the most recent build of USB Loader GX that supports Nintendont and it wasn't recognizing the HDD with the controller plugged in, so I plugged it off, and it went fine. Then I plugged in the controller again and started Melee, Nintendont screen showed up and it just reset the whole goddamn system.

USB Loader GX is working fine with Wii games.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
try deleting the ninconfig file on your usb/sd and then use nintendont directly from the homebrew channel instead of usbloader gx and report back.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, the Nintendont app was glitching that's why I tried to use USB Loader, but thanks, I'll delete that config file and see what happens.
you do know that usbloader still uses nintendont dol dont you? all usbloader or any loader does is just boot nintendont dol without you seeing with ahrdcoded settings.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you do know that usbloader still uses nintendont dol dont you? all usbloader or any loader does is just boot nintendont dol without you seeing with ahrdcoded settings.

I know, it's obvious. But the problem was Nintendont's menu. My Wiimote wasn't working with it, but it launches games just fine if I run it with USB Loader.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
sometimes it was reported ps3/ps4 controllers corrupte the ninconfig file or even the nintendont dol itself, no one knows why or how this happen but deleting ninconfig and replacing the nintendont dol usualy fixes it.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Had this issue myself awhile back with my DS3, you need to redownload the controller configs (boot into Nintendont itself and redownload the file). Sometimes it randomly corrupts.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Had this issue myself awhile back with my DS3, you need to redownload the controller configs (boot into Nintendont itself and redownload the file). Sometimes it randomly corrupts.
nintendont doesnt use teh controller zip files for quite a while, if no controller ini is on the root nintendont has hardcoded configs for the controllers into memory so it never actualy reades the controller zip file anymore xD.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.