Hacking Nintendont

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you a Nintendont dev? No? Then I guess that means you have zero say in what is priority.
T'sup solarsaturn9, many of us do want bluetooth support, but game compatibility is still taking priority. Right now, the devs hit a wall with bluetooth support anyway and it will take a long time to implement since it's going to take time to learn what is needed and make working code to go with it.

Be patient, bluetooth support does not make this any less playable. If you can't wait all I can say is get an HID controller, but hey if it's ghetto homie then your loss. I got no issues wired or wireless I like it either way. Look at it this way, there is no way to purchase a games compatibility, so it's what's being worked on the most, however you can buy several HID or USB adapters to go with whatever controller you want to play with, even bluetooth ones. Trust me your fervor is indeed appreciated. Let's hope Nintendont continues to grow at the pace it has been.

Reactions: the_randomizer

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was just replying to your snarky, backhanded "code it yourself" response.

More people will use Nintendont if they don't have to buy 3rd party hardware to do it, regardless of compatibility. It's common sense and it's that simple. This is why I believe it is the most important missing feature.

She said it because you are "requeting" a feature, and sounding like a little kid who wants everything ready,while it is not actually... Patience is virtue you know ;) wait for it, it will come. Not now, but it will come.

solarsaturn9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She said it because you are "requeting" a feature, and sounding like a little kid who wants everything ready,while it is not actually... Patience is virtue you know ;) wait for it, it will come. Not now, but it will come.

I am not demanding that anything be done on any sort of timeline. I'm simply pointing out the obvious: more people will play if they don't need 3rd party hardware. I have an original gamecube and a modded wii. I don't need to use Nintendont. Thanks for the lecture on patience though. I'm sure someone will get something out of it.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I am not demanding that anything be done on any sort of timeline. I'm simply pointing out the obvious: more people will play if they don't need 3rd party hardware. I have an original gamecube and a modded wii. I don't need to use Nintendont. Thanks for the lecture on patience though. I'm sure someone will get something out of it.

The third party hardware is for those who have a wiiU (including myself) and those who have a wii family edition, lacking gamecube hardware... on original wii gamecube controller are just fine.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The tird party hardware is for those who have a wiiU (including myself) and those who have a wii family edition, lacking gamecube hardware... on original wii gamecube controller are just fine.

The problem is the GameCube controllers that sells now most aren't from Nintendo so they are with low quality, I had a generic GameCube controller for my Wii and it broke in a low time.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is the GameCube controllers that sells now most aren't from Nintendo so they are with low quality, I had a generic GameCube controller for my Wii and it broke in a low time.

original gamecube controllers are not that hard to find... I got two in perfect condition. They were used, but it is just fine.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 original gamecube controllers. Recently lost my 4th (it was a generic controller) so I need to replace that soon

original > generic any day

That adapter will be amazing if it is HID

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have 3 original gamecube controllers. Recently lost my 4th (it was a generic controller) so I need to replace that soon

If it is HID, I will get one with no hesitation :yayu:

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's pointless to keep arguing about this, solarsaturn is free to believe that bluetooth is the most important thing to work on; the devs will decide on their own what they will care about the most. If he already has a Gamecube and a Wii, and he "doesn't need" nintendont, i don't know why we should care about his opinion, he's not being "forced" to buy any third party hardware anyways.

The only thing I can agree on is that, regardless of the new Wii U adapter being HID, Bluetooth would still be good for other people who don't have Gamecube controllers and want multiplayer as well. Anyone can choose whatever controller they want to use, but they won't tell the devs what is or should be highest in the priority list.

And yes, original GC controllers can be difficult to find in certain countries or cities, unless you try to buy them online and pay the shipment and stuff. But that's a problem within the country (Argentina's economy is going through a very difficult situation and so the prices skyrocket compared to other countries) and there are alternatives, that's why I'm so glad nintendont works with very common and cheap controllers.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Now that I think... that adapter could work as the Wii GameCube ports, I know it is USB adapter, but it could be possible to use it like the GameCube Wii ports?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Now that I think... that adapter could work as the Wii GameCube ports, I know it is USB adapter, but it could be possible to use it like the GameCube Wii ports?

But this is speculation, we will know when the adaptor got released... We don't know if it is hid or not, we don't know how it will work until we could have it and testing it properly.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, im having a problem using AR codes converted to WiiRD but i dont know if its a code problem or its from Nintendont, every time i convert an AR code to Ocarina and try to use it, it doesnt work, i dont know if its Nintendont or is another reason, could you help me? im trying to use the Moon Jump cheat in Wind Waker, but the one in Guecko Codes doenst work, so i want to use the AR one, also happens in twilight princess and every game i try

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, im having a problem using AR codes converted to WiiRD but i dont know if its a code problem or its from Nintendont, every time i convert an AR code to Ocarina and try to use it, it doesnt work, i dont know if its Nintendont or is another reason, could you help me? im trying to use the Moon Jump cheat in Wind Waker, but the one in Guecko Codes doenst work, so i want to use the AR one, also happens in twilight princess and every game i try

Yeah, it happends the same for me, I was going to say you read the first post, but it seems to be normal because it happends to me too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol