Hacking Nintendont

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it working now, thanks guys! One more question if Nintendont is an interpreter then why would there be a compatibility list? Just wondering since it runs gc backups with no emulation.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay I got it working now, thanks guys! One more question if Nintendont is an interpreter then why would there be a compatibility list? Just wondering since it runs gc backups with no emulation.

because we dont have infinite time to work for free on a really time-consuming interpretation of every single device call a gamecube game does to the gamecube hardware.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you even seen the compatibility list? Only around 70% of gamecube games even work. TONS of code is missing.

Edit::ninja:

D

Deleted User

I want bluetooth support so I can just use my classic controller. The PS3 controller just isn't right for the job and I dont want to have to buy a different controller.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I want bluetooth support so I can just use my classic controller. The PS3 controller just isn't right for the job and I dont want to have to buy a different controller.

I'm sure a lot of us do, but it's more important to get games working first, and to be patient.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't expect it anytime soon. Games are top priority now. Just buy a Mayflash 3-in-1 Magic Joy Box adapter so you can use a gamecube controller. I think the official Wii U gamecube adapter will be a better solution if they can get it to work with all 4 ports. We have to wait to see if the adapter will even be compatible.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't expect it anytime soon. Games are top priority now. Just buy a Mayflash 3-in-1 Magic Joy Box adapter so you can use a gamecube controller. I think the official Wii U gamecube adapter will be a better solution if they can get it to work with all 4 ports. We have to wait to see if the adapter will even be compatible.

considering how current multiport adapters work it might be possible to easly support all 4 gc ports at the same time, of course if its HID.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

mngunnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who is interested, I made a modified controller.ini for the Mayflash W009 adapter. It's based on the ini from the googlecode project page, but with a few changes. The Y and B buttons have been assigned to the proper buttons (they were switched before). The Start button has been remapped to the actual Start button on the Wii Pro Controller, and Power has been remapped to the combo Select+Start. Before they were assigned to the L and R joystick buttons and I found that I was frequently accidentally hitting the power button while playing.

Attachments

• controller.ini.zip
    348 bytes · Views: 126
Reactions: MassiveRican

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
click b and open your Nintendont settings. Turn on hid devices.

Thanks, it's now fully working but i still have a question, should i just get an USB Extension (3-4$) to play with my DS3 and Nintendon't or should i just get an official Gamecube Controller used (25$+) and play with Dios Mios? Has anyone experienced some gameplay with a DS3, is it better than an official gamecube controller? Because i've experienced a third-party GC Controller with DM and it was just.. awful, just aiming with the grappling hook was a nightmare...

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, it's now fully working but i still have a question, should i just get an USB Extension (3-4$) to play with my DS3 and Nintendon't or should i just get an official Gamecube Controller used (25$+) and play with Dios Mios? Has anyone experienced some gameplay with a DS3, is it better than an official gamecube controller? Because i've experienced a third-party GC Controller with DM and it was just.. awful, just aiming with the grappling hook was a nightmare...

I use a Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter for Nintendont so I can use a gamecube controller on my Wii U. Playing GameCube games with a ps3 controller is just...awkward.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Why not buying the GC controller to use with nintendont as well ? if you have an Original wii with GC ports you can do that. Unless you prefer Dios Mios, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool