Hacking Nintendont

JinbuKami

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you load nintendont from the HBC, you can press the B button to show the settings and change it there, then press it again to go back to the game list. If you use a loader, it should be somewhere in the settings for GC games.

That did the trick, thnx

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm using logitech dual action controller. The hidtest recognizes the controller and the right value changes when i press the corresponding button. I am missing multiIn value and cant tell how to get it and also when i run the game, the game doesnt respond to the controller. i placed the controller.ini on the root of the sd card and the game.iso in games folder. The game runs perfectly fine. i tried 2 different games, none is reacting to the buttons.
thnx for any help

This is how mine looks like.
Code:
[Logitech Dual Action]
VID=046D
PID=C216
Polltype=1
DigitalLR=1
DPAD=1
A=4,20
B=4,10
X=4,40
Y=4,80
Z=5,03
L=5,04
R=5,08
Power=5,10
S=5,20
Left=4,06
Down=4,04
Right=4,02
Up=4,00
RightUp=4,01
DownRight=4,03
DownLeft=4,05
UpLeft=4,07
StickX=0
StickY=1
CStickX=2
CStickY=3
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0

Reactions: pedrobarca

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have my controller working but for some reason Super Mario Sunshine keep freezing at the same cutscene. Every time I walk up to Fludd the game freezes in the middle of the cutscene, which is weird since the game is compatible. Any help would be helpful.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay I have my controller working but for some reason Super Mario Sunshine keep freezing at the same cutscene. Every time I walk up to Fludd the game freezes in the middle of the cutscene, which is weird since the game is compatible. Any help would be helpful.

Are you using the latest revision 1.129?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Updating will most likely fix this, I had the same issue

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Use r129, if it don't work try r128, but it should work with r129 because it has better crash solution.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that Sunshine had perfect compatibility before v1.00? It should be working regardless of revision unless it's been broken recently.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I thought that Sunshine had perfect compatibility before v1.00? It should be working regardless of revision unless it's been broken recently.

I don't think Super Mario Sunshine broke with latest relase because the new patch only modify a Need For Speed Game, I know it's not the same game, but Paper Mario works better than before, sometimes it froze, now it works perfectly in r129.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Someone else had this problem a little while back but they never gave details on their settings/iso size.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reported it a few times, I used a shrunk ISO. Once that fix was made for the 520mb read, it worked fine.

If he's using the current version it sounds like he needs to delete his nincfg.bin if he hasn't already, i don't know what else would be causing it.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
So as a Wii U user, I'm trying to understand the bottom port thing with USB. From wii brew:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki//dev/usb/hid

Unlike the regular IOS USB interface, all IPC commands are done via the /dev/usb/hid fd. There is no IOCTL to get a list of currently available devices, but there is an IOCTL that returns when a HID device is inserted or removed (it will also return immediately the first time it is called after IOS is loaded). It can also be forced to return immediately if the shutdown IOCTL is used, to ensure no dangling requests are left when your program exits.

Basically, from what I'm reading, when the USB is launched, we switch to IOS55.
Code:
#ifdef NINTENDONT_USB
    s32 r = LoadModules(55);
    //dbgprintf("ES:ES_LoadModules(%d):%d\r\n", 55, r );
    if( r < 0 )
    {
        BootStatusError(-6, r);
        mdelay(2000);
        Shutdown();
    }
#endif
This necessitates a IOS_IOCTL call which happens before HID_Init(), so does it bind to that device interface? If so, than do we need to an IOS_IOCTL_Async call with a callback to register the HID device change to a different interface? If so, than would it require something similar to DI, where its registered before the call to init it? I've never done Async programming, but would implementing a Async function call detect the HID change fix the issue?

wiibrew seems to think it would.

GetDeviceChange

void *device_desc = memalign(32, 0x600); // should be from MEM2
ios_ioctl_async(fd, /*GetDeviceChange*/0, NULL, 0, device_desc, 0x600, cb, device_desc); // cb will be called when there is a device change, with the device_desc buffer as a parameter
The device_desc buffer will contain a set of descriptors for each device. At the beginning of each device's section will be two 4 bytes values, containing the total size of this device's data and the device's id number (used for device_no in req_args). The size of each individual descriptor within the data is padded to 4 bytes, the total size includes this padding. A size value of 0xFFFFFFFF indicates there are no more devices. For example here is what is returned when a Rock Band music keyboard is attached:

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How often do updates come out? I need sound to my 8-bit games.

Be patient, if there is anything devs hate more its people pushing for updates. They work on this for free, be grateful for what they have done and enjoy it but do not expect anything from it, and I say this kindly.

You seem a little new to the game. As mentioned grab an emulator if you are looking to play old Sonic games.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the increased HID controller reading affect PS3 controller or other adapters/controllers too? I'll check the difference but i need other answers to know only

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I need sound to my 8-bit games.
Try SADX and a finished save, at least you'll have higher scaling and you won't have bilinear forced onto you.

As for the Genesis games, the best way to play is Genesis Plus GX or the Virtual Console because Wiimote support, accuracy and 240p support.. I also like playing my Sonics from the collection games but Nintendont is just not the way to do it right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)