Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't like that it uses NMM instead of memory card emulation. No more memory doesn't work for some games like fire emblem path of radiance. Plus there's no way to transfer our saves from real memory cards.
There is actually, I found out about a really cool home-brew not long ago that easily transformed from/to a real memory card to an SD card, forget that Daco Taco bull-crap this shit is BOSS and is very reliable, never failed me once http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Long ago dev team from DM was working on improving NMM, so I'm sure compatibility will also be improved.

I will be purchasing this next week and posting my results, I pray that it works with HID Test XD
Good luck, looking forward to hearing your results.

I tweeted crediar asking him if Nintendont would support multiple .dol games like: Zelda: Collector's Edition, Sonic Gems Collection, etc. He said yes
That's cool.
But he didn't respond to the 64KB question.
Cool, currently I use Devo for this particular game but if this works fine no more reason for me to ave Devo in my collection, heck I'd probably get the Jap version as well for Sonic CD Jap soundtrack and them extra games, I already got both versions of Sonic Mega Collection in my library (proto and final) and I switch between them thanks to Cyan's 2disk support on USB Loader GX <3

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is actually, I found out about a really cool home-brew not long ago that easily transformed from/to a real memory card to an SD card, forget that Daco Taco bull-crap this shit is BOSS and is very reliable, never failed me once http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM

I know about that. But I thought that only worked for devolution?

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, the latest tweet just said that Nintendon't won't support ISOs...
Does that mean we have to hook up an external disc drive or something (that is somehow able to read GameCube disks)?
I'm really confused.

mika9618

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, the latest tweet just said that Nintendon't won't support ISOs...
Does that mean we have to hook up an external disc drive or something (that is somehow able to read GameCube disks)?
I'm really confused.

I think it means that you can't use the .iso format, just the FST format witch is a extracted format.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that makes sense. It would be really awesome if it supported loading gcz files over ftp and I could just use all my existing images on my NAS that I use with dolphin (and I wouldn't get that stupid usb warning all the time).

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Besides, the classic controller's sticks has less sensitivity than the gamecube controller.
(I wonder if Wii U Pro controller differs?)
The Wii U Pro Controller, on the other hand, has much higher sensitivity than the GC controller (for what it's worth.)

EDIT : ninja'd

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I'm not overly excited about playing GC games with a CC/Wii u Pro controller, I have WaveBirds and GC controllers so it's a no brainer, but it's nice for those that don't have them to have the option. I kinda liked the Wii U Pro controller when I used it through Devo, I really wish it had Analog shoulder buttons it just doesn't make sense not to have them, I just don't understand the stupid "Pro" moniker when I can't even have precision with my shoulder buttons.. "Pro" my ass.

On a more productive note does anyone know or can test Raphnet's adapter with a WaveBird and HIDTest v4 and see if it reads properly? Or better yet lets make a compatibility list of adapters which work with WaveBirds the best controller of all time XD

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Raphnet adapter already confirmed working with HID test:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/page-21#post-4714767

And according to the website it supports rumble and the Wavebird.
Yea I remember commenting on that, I was quite excited, I just wanted to know if the test was done with a WaveBird or only a regurar GC remote, since there are some reports of WaveBirds working with their respective adapter but not getting detected on HIDTest v4 :(

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it with a wavebird

Although I can't be certain it's working 'correctly', as the values seem a bit erratic. I've tried other USB controllers and the values change much more smoothly. I don't know how this will impact performance, as it works flawlessly on other platforms (I've used it on windows and android without a hitch.)

Firmware 2.2 claims to have better responsiveness, maybe that's what I'm seeing (mine has version 2.1 iirc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: