Nintendont Controller-Configurations

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Excelsiior, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Hi I could really do with some sound advise and pointing in the right direction. I have nintendont working on the VWii side of my Wii U - I use it through USB Loader Gx, I have an official gamecube controller that is connected using a Gameseek-Mayflash Wii U to gamecube controller adapter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/GameSeek-Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00T9MR210
    I have found a list of controller config files with a download of nintendont and one is titled 057E_0337.ini and first line is [Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter], I have renamed file to controller.ini and put on root of SD card and root of HD containing gamecube games, I have enabled cheats in nintendont. I have no problem loading games and I can use the official gamcube controller but the issue is with the C-stick - it seems to be mixed up, for example on mario sunshine Left and right on the C-stick should turn the carmera accordingly and Up and down on the C-stick should zoom camera in and out but they dont, Up on the stick turn camera left and down turns it right so it makes the game very frustrating to play.
    I have tried loading straight from nintendont instead of Usb loader GX and have same issue.
    Am I missing a step in regards to attributing the controller.ini file? here are the contents of the controller.ini I am using. Your help is massively appreciated, huge thanks in advance!

[Nintendo Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter]
    VID=057E
    PID=0337
    Polltype=1
    DPAD=1
    MultiIn=3
    MultiInValue=09
    Power=3,0F
    A=2,01
    B=2,02
    X=2,04
    Y=2,08
    Z=3,02
    L=3,08
    R=3,04
    S=3,01
    Left=2,10
    Down=2,40
    Right=2,20
    Up=2,80
    RightUp=2,A0
    DownRight=2,60
    DownLeft=2,50
    UpLeft=2,90
    StickX=4,0,100
    StickY=5,0,100
    CStickX=6,0,100
    CStickY=7,0,100
    LAnalog=8
    RAnalog=9

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    why do you have 3 avlues on the c stick and strick? it should only be 2, also did you tryed letting nintendont patch it? by that i mean use no controller ini and let nintendont boot.dol apply the standard gc adapter patch?

3. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Thank you for the reply! They are the values that are set in the controllerconfigs folder downloaded with latest version of nintendont (https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont) - I haven't changed any of the values. Do you know which of the 3 values I should remove from the C-stick on in the controller.ini file I posted? EDIT: I noticed someone posted the same question here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-config.475857/#post-7420862 - I have tried with no controller.ini on the HD and have exact same issue - still works but wih inverted C-sticks. The axes of the C-stick are inverted - X is Y and is X. Should it be creating a controller.ini on the root of my HD?..because it isnt doing.

I changed the controller.ini from:
    CStickX=6,0,100
    CStickY=7,0,100
    to
    CStickX=7,0,100
    CStickY=6,0,100
    Thinking this could cure the issue, but didn't make any difference. Im now wondering if my controller.ini is even working!?

Last edited by Pineapples, Sep 10, 2017
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    for your controller.ini to be readed it needs to be on the sd or usb root, and i mean root where you have your isos and it needs to be named "controller.ini"

Last edited by pedro702, Sep 10, 2017
  5. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    I've just tried that, Gc games are in folder labeled 'games' on root of HD, put controller.ini in games folder and changed a few values round - didn't make any changes in game so im kinda snookered here right now!...any other ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    the controller.ini does not go inside the games folder...

i explicity stated it goes on the root of your device either usb or sd.

if isos are on usb you put it on ysb root, if they are on sd you put it on sd root.

7. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    ok thats what I have been doing! You threw me by saying to put on the root of where I have my ISOs!...
    So I still cant get the controller.ini to change the layout of my official gamecube controller buttons.
    I am using USB drive if thats a difference

Last edited by Pineapples, Sep 10, 2017
  8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    its correctly renamed to controller.ini? and not controller.ini.ini(if you have hidden extensions) also try switch the buttons around and you know if it readed them

9. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Yeah its defo controller.ini - no hidden extensions, have swapped A and B in the in file and is having no effect - so for some reason the controller.ini wont work - I have tried it from several sources.
    I have tried using the ocarina codes mentioned here https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/360 and wasn't able to get it to work, but then I realised that the code was to invert the C-stick and what I want is for the axes of the C-stick to be swapped.
    Just to make it clear that is my issue - The X axes of the C-stick is the Y-axes, everything else with the controller is fine.

After some research, the C-stick for the gamecube controller.ini has 3 values, Offset,DeadZone,Radius - https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/260

Im starting to think this is becuase its on the vwii/wii u and the code is slightly altered in translation for the controller.ini and the cheat code to both not work for me. Any input or further things to try would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited by Pineapples, Sep 13, 2017