Nintendont Controller-Configurations

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Excelsiior, Sep 22, 2013.

1. vbhagaur

vbhagaur Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2017
    Hi Guys,
    I am very new to this scene. I have recently got wii and i have softmod it and installed nintendont and saved few gamecubes games on usb. I am able to play games just fine with wii remote and nun chuck.
    I have a wireless USB contrller logitech F710 and i am trying to make it work with wii with no luck. I tried the controller.ini from this thread for 510 but in vein.

Could anyone of you please help me with this. I am not able to find the correct HIDTest as well(just found a .dol), but this thing never start properly from homebrew.
    Thanks in advance.

2. FirEmerald

FirEmerald Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2017
    United States
    Hey, I have a couple questions.
    So, I discovered that my Steam controller IS picked up by the HID-test. HOWEVER - any inputs over index 9 don't work properly. turns out the index is Hexadecimal, silly me. Also, the left joystick axis values seem to be signed shorts, little-endian. Is it possible to add support for this, so I don't have to keep using the awful wiimote+nunchuck config?

EDIT: I only have issues with setting up my analog controls, since they're the only ones that go above index 9. I discovered using 'CStickY=17' causes the correct output for C Stick Y as a signed byte, despite not seeing that input ANYWHERE on the screen.

EDIT 2: okay, all stick inputs should be signed little-endian shorts, I.E. 0 = 0000, max = FF7F, min = 0080. This should help you update the controller support to allow for full Steam controller support.

Last edited by FirEmerald, Apr 30, 2017
  3. WorldsFinest_12

WorldsFinest_12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    United States
    Hey everyone I'm new to emulating games but I got a couple games going on Nintendont and I got the controller configurations for the PS4 controller working but the buttons aren't assigned the way I used to play on the PS2. I'm playing Sonic Heroes (one of the first games I played) and on the PS2 (which is apparently the inferior version of the game compared to the GC version which I'm emulating now since my ps2 doesn't work anymore) to get through the menus and select stuff you would use the Circle button and then the X button to go back / exit main menu and while emulating it's the same which is fine until you get to gameplay. In gameplay normally X would be to jump and Square would be your attack button but in this case while emulating and using the config code it's Circle to jump and X to attack. Searching up a quick button layout across the consoles I see the problem. A on GC in gameplay is X on Playstation but for whatever reason to select stuff in the menus it's Circle on Playstation while it's A on GC. I'd like to change it myself but I don't know how to code (I'd like to learn) but can someone change the config for me? Have it match the Gamecube where X would be A at all times vs just A is Circle in the menus. I'd really appreciate it! Sorry if I was a little confusing. Also on the side where should I start learning code? What should be the first language of code to learn?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry if all that was confusing or hard to follow. In short I'd like to make X be A and Circle be B.
    EDIT: Okay so I've read the first 4 pages of this post / thread and I think I gotten an understanding of how to make my own configuration for the Dualshock 4 but where do I write the code for this? What program do I use? And sorry for double posting!

Last edited by WorldsFinest_12, Jun 8, 2017
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    obvioudly the controlls wont be the same since the gc controller layout wasnt square to begin with, if you grab the controller ini for the ps4 from the controller folder you can change the buttons around using notpad to open it and save it, then rename it to simple controller.ini and place it on the root of the device you have your isos.

WorldsFinest_12 likes this.
  5. WorldsFinest_12

WorldsFinest_12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    United States
    THANK YOU! I'll give this a go tomorrow! Really do appreciate it :)

6. WorldsFinest_12

WorldsFinest_12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    United States
    EDIT: I was finally able to make it work! :)

Last edited by WorldsFinest_12, Jun 9, 2017
  7. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    So my Nyko Wii U Pro Commander acts just like a Wii U Pro controller, but it has those L2 and R2 spring triggers that in a way feel similar to the Gamecube controller.

What I am curious about is if I can get it to act like such for games like Super Mario Sunshine but it is a wireless remote controller.

Would I need a config file? Is there a config file available for the Wii U Pro controller that I can mess around with? Can somebody please offer their two cents on this issue?

8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if it acts like a wiiu pro then it only sends digitl triggers, why would they add analog triggers to emulate a controller with noone? just becuase they fell like it its probably for show they still only send yes or no like the wiiu pro they wouldnt add unecessary stuff that isnt used by the system at all on a third party controller lol.

9. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    Yeah. I totally get that. The thing is the triggers totally behave like analog ones.

Also I stated it acts like the Wii U Pro because Nintendon't picks the signal right up.

In any case, is there a way I could tamper with this just to experiment? Thanks again.

10. WilliamTheKingAS

WilliamTheKingAS Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    United States
    Appomattox
    The same thing happens with me
    The same thing happens to me. I'm using a RockCandy ps3 controller with usb wireless connection.

Here's a picture of it:

Attached Files:

11. pattie_starkey

pattie_starkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brazil
    Hello, guys i've been following all the steps you sent here, but i still got some doubts. Here we go.
    This is the screen i get when i turn on the HDI_Test

[​IMG]

This is the controller im using
    [​IMG]

Since theres a lack of buttons, im tying to use the configuration

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the setup:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

So, my controller.ini would look like this?
    Code:
    [Name of my controller]
    VID=0583
    PID=A000
    Polltype=1 (whats this?)
    DPAD=1 (whats this?)
    MultiIn=3 (whats this?)
    MultiInValue=09 (whats this?)
    A=2,01
    B=2,04
    X=2,02
    Y=2,08
    Z=2,20
    L=2,40
    R=2,80
    S=2,10
    Left=0,00
    Down=1
    Right=0
    Up=1,00
    RightUp= ????
    DownRight=????
    DownLeft=????
    UpLeft=????

And my reference is this archive

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I'd appreciate your help!

Edit: Only the "S" button is working, when i click it, it turn off nintendont, which means it is set as "HOME" button :wacko:

Last edited by pattie_starkey, Aug 3, 2017
  12. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I can't see the images.
    Something about 3rd party hosting or whatever.

13. pattie_starkey

pattie_starkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brazil
    Fixed!

14. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    First of, I think you have the VID/PID wrong:

VID: 0583
    PID: A000

From your image, I can see those two, but you have another PID.
    I can't tell about the button configurations though, since it has been since 2015 that I haven't even tried doing a controller.ini for Nintendont.

Perhaps someone else might be able to help you there.

15. pattie_starkey

pattie_starkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brazil
    OK! Thanks, by the way.

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  16. Damon_girl

Damon_girl GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Has anyone gotten a Switch pro controller working with this? I have the config file placed in the root of the SD card but it won't work for some reason. :/

17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    switch pro controller is a bt device with hid bt, wich nintendont is not compatible with, nintendont is only compatible with wired usb hid controllers and bt controller that are wiimote+cc/ccpro,wiiu pro controller,wiimote+nunchuck.

18. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I don't know, dudes. HID Test does recognize my controller, but once I enter all the values and put the ini file in the root of my SD card, it throws a spizfit and barfs out a -7004 error. It asked me to insert LAnalog, RAnalog, and MultiIn into the code, so I did that, but I'm still getting that accursed error! Here's what I've got.

I paid a fair amount of money for this joystick, a MadCatz TE2, and I want to use it with as many systems as I can. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen at this point. It would help if there were detailed instructions on what each function in the INI file does and how to customize them, but it seems like the writers of homebrew apps like this are violently allergic to instructions...

19. pedromega

pedromega Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Spain
    help. if in a control in hidtest the pad in neutral is FF and for one side it is 80 how is it configured in the .ini?

I'm Spanish so I'm sorry if the translation is not correct

20. Pineapples

Pineapples Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Scrap that sorry - I found the controller.ini files in the nintendont folder!

Last edited by Pineapples, Sep 10, 2017