Homebrew Nintendont and my Controller Recognition with Gamecube Games

vitaali

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Nintendont to play Nintendo Gamecube games on my Wii. This setup works fine with the Wii Classic controller. But I'm trying to play games with a superior USB gamepad Controller. The brand is Game-Elements Recoil GGE909. I tested this controller in the utility Nintendont provides called HID-Test. It seems to respond properly. Every number/value changes for every button I press on the controller. So it is a compatible controller and is recognized by Nintendont, in theory.

My controller has an LED button that switches joystick to analog. When I plug this controller into my Wii this LED lights up. That's how I know it is on. As soon as I enter the Homebrew channel light turns off. When I enter the HID-Test, light turns back on.

But when I start the Nintendont the light turns off for some unknown reason and the controller stops functioning. It refuses to work when Gamecube games are running.

I tried to fix the problem with the controller.ini. I picked the one that matches best with my controller, edited the VID and PID values to match what HID-Test utility showed, and placed it inside my USB root directory where the games are stored. It still didn't solve the problem. Controller turns off when Nintendont starts.

There is no reason to do any further buttons mapping if the controller doesn't work with Nintendont. Why is this happening? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

vitaali

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. So I started up the hid-test without the USB hard drive and the program said: Failed to load config. I noted how values changed for the buttons. Then I loaded hid-test with the hard drive and exactly the same thing happens. I don't think it can read the controller.ini file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs