Gaming NINTENDO WII IF A DECADE OLD ON FRIDAY

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
One of the greatest benefits of being a late adopter is the hacking has already reached maturity so I was able to choose my hacking path. Been loving my Wii ever since!!!! :D
Absolutely :) And most games are so cheap...people are virtually giving them away with their consoles. Definitely got more value in the Wii than what I paid.

Reactions: Driver

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Homebrew is what mostly kept it alive. Glad too see the Wii is still relevant now because of Homebrew. :)
The Wii homebrew devs are so dedicated the N64 emulator on the Wii is better than on the PS3 which is very surprising. I could say the N64 emulator is almost perfect. They even managed to get a semi-DS emulator with some games actually running. Again the PS3 a stronger console could not do this. Just amazing isn't it?

what n64 emulator are you talking about? coz I have tried a couple (a few years ago though) and they run at low framerate... yea almost unplayable but truly unenjoyable.
I don't know about now.. did they release a new emulator or improved over the years that make it 'almost perfect' as you say?
if so I have to try it out :D

Emerald X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn... what a fucking great console. Only quirk are the half useless accessories just floating around haha.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nope. At least not a playable one.

What is the name of this "almost perfect" n64 emulator for Wii? I'm curious...

I got my wii like a month ago, it was in 4.3u and thanks to Cyan and the USBloadergx/Nintendont threads and the people helping me there i got it working flawlessly.
I installed letterbomb and cIOS following and old dated tutorial but they helped me reconfigure it. Ever since then i've been playing some good ol' snes/gba/gcn games. Mine seems to be a 2007 model and so i can't install priiloader as boot2 (or anything really)

Last edited by Alex658,

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not64 aka Mupen64 is one of the best emulators. It plays most of the common n64 games I have tried. You need to configure it properly. Wii64 is also good, but not as good.

If one of you is gonna bitch about how it isn't perfect its my opinion deal with it.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Zenzirouj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, I never really liked the Wii. SMG 1 & 2 definitely some of the best & most satisfying gaming I ever experienced, but as a whole I feel the Wii's catalog was negatively affected by the gimmick. And ironically, also by the commercial success of the console, which resulted in a shitload of crap getting released.

Gamecube Forever. Seriously.

But I'm somewhat hopeful for this Switch thing.

Agree completely. The Wii signaled a massive shift in Nintendo's priorities. I can't really blame them, since going casual + full-gimmick has made them gobs of cash, but they've really dropped the ball on innovation or simply making great games without focusing on whatever feature they're trying to force. It's one thing to introduce waggling as a new option, but another thing altogether to force everything to use it in order to be released.

But I'm not bitter or anything.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?