Hardware nintendo wii and the ds :D

mackster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
since every nintendo console like game cube can interact with its hand held the GBA would the wii be able to interact with the ds!???? like in that zelda game for gamecube that hooks up your GBA too the game cube

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What would be nice is to use the DS has a wireless controller for Virtual Console games.

What would be even nicer is to have the Wii stream gameplay video to your DS via WiFi, so that you see the game on the DS as well as the TV. This way you could play your VC games all around the house (albeit in a much lower resolution), instead of being glued to the TV set.

Bathroom gaming 4eva!!!

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What would be fantastic is if you could use your Wii as a DS download station, so that you can download DS demos via the Wii and play them on your DS.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
All of these features are possible, but won't be made as long as Nintendo is popular and don't need anything "more" to sell consoles.

I'm still waiting for the "news channel" , lol. (how relevant is *that* gonna be compared to just opening Opera and checking google news...)

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What would be nice is to use the DS has a wireless controller for Virtual Console games.

What would be even nicer is to have the Wii stream gameplay video to your DS via WiFi, so that you see the game on the DS as well as the TV. This way you could play your VC games all around the house (albeit in a much lower resolution), instead of being glued to the TV set.

Bathroom gaming 4eva!!!
I don't think that will ever be possible. The DS Wifi just doesn't have enough bandwith for it. There was a homebrew program connecting the DS to the PC like that and it only achieved a few frames a second.

|WickeD&#12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I swear that prior to nov19 i read a few things saying that the DS and Wii will be able to comunicate and they have a future of being a true family value hah. I cants seem to find any of the sources now though wtf..............

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
before the wii launch I remember hearing that wiiconnect24 could download demos in standby and send them to any close DS systems. when you see it blinking you know you have a demo !!

i would love to see this

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be nice if the Wii would act like a wireless router for the DS. I mean, I have a wireless router so I wouldn't need that feature, but it would be nice for people who are wiring up their Wii when thats an option. It could act like a global DS wifi AP, for all DS's... no need for a code etc. Then when enough people have Wii's, no matter where you are as long as you're near some houses, you'd have DS wifi *nods* thats my dream !

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could definatley see the wii being used as a ds download station. very plausable. it would be cool if they released vc games for ds via wiiconnect 24.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well now i think we can confirm it, there's already a dump for pokemon battle revolution (J), and there are modchips that let (U) wiis play (J) Games, and pokemon pearl(J) and diamond(J) have been out for awhile so shouldn't it be possible to test under all these conditions?

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for some reason i always wish DS can hook up to the Wii via cable or dock and play ds games on your TV, like use wii remote on bottom half of tv which would be the touch screen... hmm perhaps a ds -> wii download play where person can download play with a Wii, i can dream all i want i guess

xeorix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for some reason i always wish DS can hook up to the Wii via cable or dock and play ds games on your TV, like use wii remote on bottom half of tv which would be the touch screen... hmm perhaps a ds -> wii download play where person can download play with a Wii, i can dream all i want i guess

That doesn't sound unthinkable!

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well it's been mostly confirmed that the ds will work with the Pokemon game for the Wii. When it's connected you will see the options on your ds. it would be like you're playing diamond/pearl, but seeing it all in 3D on your tv.

I think it would be really neat if you could use your DS/DSL as a microphone to talk to people who are in your friends list. (i'm talking about if you could talk to people using the DS/DSL microphone on your Wii)

Considering Nintendo releasing Everyone Votes Channel, they will more than likely try to release new random channels that will be very interesting and fun. The Wii more than likely has hundreds of secrets left, we will only find them out later on though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?