Nintendo unveils new account system

1494783002316161826.png

Today Nintendo have unveiled a new account system that links smartphones with PCs and Nintendo hardware.
Users will be able to create a Nintendo Account using Google Plus, facebook, Nintendo Network ID, twitter or email.

The service will allow friends lists and your character and game data will be be stored on the Lakitu cloud for easy access on all devices.

1494783002362175010.png 1494783002411361058.png 1494783002484267810.png

:arrow:Source

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myspace.

This also is kind of a bummer considering my consoles are on older firmwares for homebrew. I imagine online may be stifled once the NNID is gone and this new account system is needed for online features and eShop.
fb came in 04

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This seems like such a nothing-gesture. Other than changing the login system they've not revealed any kind of actual changes from what I gather. How about trying to improve their abysmal Internet service instead?

Reactions: Deleted User

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games and everything you buy are attached to an account not the hardware since Nintendo Network/ID was released.

I hate to burst your bubble but all the content is still signed to the console itself. If your current 3ds/Wii U/whatever croaks and you get a replacement, you can't just reassign your account to the new console/handheld and redownload all your games and what not again. You have to actually call Nintendo's customer service to allow you to even use the NNID on the new system.

However, I have no idea what this new login system entails though. Hopefully, with this new system you won't need customer support to get stuff transferred. One can only hope :P

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I hate to burst your bubble but all the content is still signed to the console itself. If your current 3ds/Wii U/whatever croaks and you get a replacement, you can't just reassign your account to the new console/handheld and redownload all your games and what not again. You have to actually call Nintendo's customer service to allow you to even use the NNID on the new system.

However, I have no idea what this new login system entails though. Hopefully, with this new system you won't need customer support to get stuff transferred. One can only hope :P
Of course you can. The Only thing since the account can only be at 1 System at a time you have to call Nintendo and let them do the job. I'mm telling cuz I've done it.

Check that video

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you can. The Only thing since the account can only be at 1 System at a time you have to call Nintendo and let them do the job. I'mm telling cuz I've done it.

Check that video

Okay, I just misunderstood what you meant. And tbh, I didn't watch the vid, so that's my fault lol :P.

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before this was announced, people complained that Nintendo was behind the times. Now that it's announced, people are complaining that they should have done it sooner. Make up your minds.
Well, those arguments are one in the same, and neither are wrong, so...

Just because they fixed the problem doesn't make it ok, this was a problem that should have been fixed ages ago.

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why ,just why
anti social networking is a cancer that is destroying the fabric of society nobody needs it to be merged with gaming
i don't want or need FB on my ps4 i don't need or want G+ on my nintendo it is just pointless

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: duwen and T-hug

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo and japanese gaming market are screwed. I have nothing but sarrow and will no longer hold any hope for nintendo or mobile gaming, until nx and pokemon go come.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different...