OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With all the recent things going on surrounding game systems it's surprising that the ps3 isn't dong better than it should be, and the recent surprise of them dropping the 20gb system for good is only good news for nintendo. Only 4 months new and one of them are going to be canceled since nobody is buying it, so it only natural that the 60gb system is going to be next sometime soon. I don't really see many people talking about how the wii is going to get trashed by either of those systems much anymore, and all you hear now is that oh next year the ps3 will do better although i see no improvements. The wii isn't doing all that great either since the lack of real games is nonexistent in a sea of ports, also i never got one to begin with because i knew something like this would happen in the beginning it's life. Hey if they producing games like the ds has although somewhat better they will stay exactly where they are, and before summer comes around i know they wil easilyl over come Microsoft's small 10mil sold lead
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The main criticism of the Wii is that it contains very small processing power. Its something like 1/4 of the power of the Ps3

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To be quite honest the Wii doesn't seem like it will have longevity in the future if 3rd party developers don't crank out more exclusives. Developers seem to be intrigued by the system so this might be worked out soon. Im holding my breath on the online, but I am assuming its going to be friend code gayness again. Theres a massive amount of things Nintendo could improve upon(Music playback, External storage, Original VC games, Lobbies...) but I don't see any of these making it to the system any time soon. The uniqueness of the Wii and its price tag could propel its sales past the 360.

The 20gb PS3 was a horrible failure and should have been discontinued, but this also means that Sony is able to offer another system in the near future, who knows maybe 120gb with some extra addons(60gb is enough, i can't even fill my 20gb Xbox360 hard drive). Also, Sony most likely dropped it because it would have provided some stiff competition to their upcoming standalone blu-ray player. Sony is yet to receive some good exclusives, but this could change really soon and make the PS3 a system actually worth owning for gaming.

Microsoft is doing the best out of the three. Excellent library of games and upcoming exclusives, the system is also powerful and has some great features, Xbox live being one of its major advantages over the other consoles. If Microsoft lower the price of their core system to 300 dollars, then I could see them greatly cutting into Nintendo's market share. The upcoming dash board update is also pretty amazing. The 'elite' however is a complete scam.

So by the end of this year:

1)MS
2)Nintendo
3)Sony

No changes

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think by the end of the year the wii will be number 1 since all the good games are coming out Q3 or Q4 with title like No more Heros,Project H.A.M.M.E.R.,Mario Galaxy,Super smash Bros Brawl,Super Paper Mario,Mario & Sonic Olympics i think it will be at the top by the end of the year if not after SSB:B comes out. And god know how many people wanted to see mario and sonic in there own game so that could be another top seller.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
small list of upcoming 360 games

Ace Combat 6(exclusive)
Forza 2 (exclusive)
Fable 2 (exclusive)
PGR 4 (exclusive)
Halo 3 (exclusive)
Devil May Cry 4
Banjo Kazooie (exclusive)
Bio Shock (exclusive)
Assasins Creed
Splinter Cell 5 (exclusive)
Grand Theft Auto 4
Blue Dragon (exclusive)
Huxley (exclusive)

PS3

KH3
Tekken 6
Ratchet and Clank
Little Big World
Gran Turismo 5
MGS4
FF13
War Hawk
Heavenly Sword
Killzone 2

Its going to be a really tough battle for all 3 consoles

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but Microsoft's has a bunch of unknowns not like anyone is dying to play them, and ps3 has nothing but the same old games squealed to dead....tekken 6?
unsure.gif

P.S Really though all these systems have pretty bad games, and it looks like every generation is getting worse.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The big problem with the Wii is that it doesn't have any games. Super Paper Mario is coming out but remember that's only for the US. PAL regions don't get it till Q3 or Q4.

Metroid, Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, they're all end of the year games or 2008 games.

I finished Zelda, I finished Wii Sports, now there is nothing for the Wii 'worth' buying (in my opinion) until the end of the year. And that's bloody stupid.

This is definitely a repeat of the gamecube drought. So I don't expect the Wii to stay on top too long. In contrast the 360 has a lot of good games coming all throughout the year. This is a good year to be a 360 owner but a bad year to be a Wii owner.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
ps3 will be solid for at least 10 years, i cant see the wii lasting that long. the controller and everything is great, but end of the day it doesnt have the processing power to deliver what people will want down the future

i think nintendo has it right, its a shame they didnt combine their innovative thoughts with stronger processing power, after all i would have payed another 200-300 anyway

@opium, while i agree with what you say there is good news in the fact that all game devs unanimously love the wii hands down... if the console continues to do well it will have a very optimistic future... however if nothing changes from the state of affairs now then yes, its gonna go the path of the gc
frown.gif

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
man everyone should at least wait till E3 before they say anything about the PS3 or Wii since we all know what developers are like. There always huss huss about makign games and such. most of you make it sound like the wii has now future and needs good graphics to be good.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
most of you make it sound like the wii has now future and needs good graphics to be good.

i dont think it needs fantastic graphics, but games from third parties will definately need to be developed a little bit more, instead of just coming to the wii as subpar ports (look at blazing angels, and TMNT as perfect examples).

god forbid the magic of the wiimote ever wear off, because if it does the nintendo will be in a rather awkward position

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
true that the ports that are coming for some games do look like complete bull plop but patients is the key no console is fantastic from the start. it take time.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As much as my fanboy self wants Nintendo to win this generation, I do not think they will be able to surpass Sony or Microsoft again. Yes they are off to a great start, but what happens when Sony drops their PS3 price and more people start getting HDTVs? Its the graphics argument all over again just like the SNES -> PS1 days where FMV was so pretty. And I must say, XBox 360 has some realy killer titles I just must get...but I don't own one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on