Hardware Nintendo thieves ?

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i had an issue with samsung last year with screen loosing pixels (dead pixels) they refused to fix it cause it was rooted ,i didnt let them go away cause of their warranty excuse , i did an official complaint to my country department of consumers who asked up to samsung proof that the screen was broken due to root ,a week after i got my screen replaced for free,some companies doesnt understand that there are things to be proven, i believe nintendo will face the e.u law too in such cases as this.

wsh1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is exactly the kind of b*llshit that lead me to Gbatemp for softmod info. i had 3 wiis (original) which all died within a year, the first and second were never soft- or hardmodded but nintendo claimed them to be repairable and out of warranty, and offered me to buy a "new" one.

the third one i got for free because i marked one of the GC controller ports on my second one with fluorescent ink before sending it in, upon return the ink was there and i called them, they gave me a refund. anyway reading this should do that too, because this definitely reeks of some kind of scam. just mark it somewhere they wont probably look before sending it in, then accept their offer and check if your marking is there.

for OP it is obviously too late but i know NOE is kind of fond of their way of charging too much money for a repair (that is, unless a new one is cheaper then the repairs, but why do this then?) so everyone, lets avoid this from happening to you.

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In addition to removing the guarantee , nintendo calls me money (80€) to remove the homebrew channel and return my defective console.

Attachments

• Scan2.pdf
    462.1 KB · Views: 339

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Legal mandate or no legal mandate, if terms and conditions state something and you go against that, you agree that you've voided the warrenty.

That is not how warranty law works. I am citing EU directive 1999/44/EC here, Article 7:
"1. Any contractual terms or agreements concluded with the seller before the lack of conformity is brought to the seller's attention which directly or indirectly waive or restrict the rights resulting from this Directive shall, as provided for by national law, not be binding on the consumer."
The seller not only has to prove that you modified the product, it also has to prove that your modification is what caused the issue, rather than a flaw in the item you had bought.

Nintendo can refuse, though. They are not the seller, so you do not have a right to their service guaranteed by EU law. Their service is voluntary, so violating their terms voids the offer.

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Due to an error in my file, I get my console to € 13, I referred back to the service under a different name, but Nintendo still refuses warranty. On the quote they wrote " image problem", different from the first time.
He always calls me € 210 for repair it...
I will choose the destruction of my WiiU , and I never will buy nintendo games. In three months I bought 7 WiiU games, nintendo no longer sells a lot of games, they just lost a customer over.
I really hope that Nintendo will flow. Band of thieves ...​

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Due to an error in my file, I get my console to € 13, I referred back to the service under a different name, but Nintendo still refuses warranty. On the quote they wrote " image problem", different from the first time.​
He always calls me € 210 for repair it...​
I will choose the destruction of my WiiU , and I never will buy nintendo games. In three months I bought 7 WiiU games, nintendo no longer sells a lot of games, they just lost a customer over.​
I really hope that Nintendo will flow. Band of thieves ...​
pay the 13 euro to get it returned and sell it on as faulty, you should get your 13 euro's back, don't let them do a 2 minute fix then sell it on and get even more money from the process

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to hear that you will stop being a customer.
Will you keep your website updated and continue developing on the console you still own?
I hope you will stay active on homebrew, you are the only one releasing games :)
(others are too focused on hacking tools, that's good too, but having diversity is better).

Reactions: Cid2mizard

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to hear that you will stop being a customer.
Will you keep your website updated and continue developing on the console you still own?
I hope you will stay active on homebrew, you are the only one releasing games :)
(others are too focused on hacking tools, that's good too, but having diversity is better).

And this is me we punished, I will continue to develop, but I no longer will buy nintendo. I am sad for my children. I thought to produce a villain against nintendo homebrew for revenge.

http://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk

They have a live chat system, try contacting through that. Things like this usually depend on the agent you get assigned to and how they feel about wuarantees.

I have contact live chat, they have the same discour that France, they can not help me...

I finally opted for the return of my console for € 13, I'll see what I do in the future ...

Reactions: gamesquest1
D

Deleted User

You've done something with the console that is written allover the manuals and user agreements not to do. It's common sense to expect to lose your warranty with any manufacturer if they notice.

The warranty is meant to cover for faults within it's intended or at least reasonable use.
HBC blatantly falls under the categories "Used outside of it's intended purpose" and "Unreasonable use".

If you have a consumer guarantees act or equivalent in your country you might have a legal right to demand a replacement or refund from the retailer you bought it from on your terms.
My launch console had an issue with the gamepad's motion sensor so they just took a gamepad from another Wii U's box and swapped it.

Cid2mizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand all that, I alone am responsible. However, Nintendo has changed, I tried to prove my identity as an amateur developer thanks to the nintendomax but capitalism still prevails. Nintendo has just managed to make my children unhappy. I sold everything without difficulty, I will never forgive it to Nintendo, I opted for the xbox 360 and Disney Infinity and my children are very happy. I turn the page nintendo without regrets.​

Reactions: ShonenJump

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I understand all that, I alone am responsible. However, Nintendo has changed, I tried to prove my identity as an amateur developer thanks to the nintendomax but capitalism still prevails. Nintendo has just managed to make my children unhappy. I sold everything without difficulty, I will never forgive it to Nintendo, I opted for the xbox 360 and Disney Infinity and my children are very happy. I turn the page nintendo without regrets.​
Sometimes you have to make tough choices. Sad to hear how nintendo you treated. Whats up with big company these days?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had completely forgotten that the homebrew channel was set up to test and develop our dear homebrew. But Nintendo thinks I'm a pirate and canceled the guarantee. I am at fault, but again Nintendo is opposed to amateur development.​

thats all it takes and with that u have no leg to stand on so suing Nintendo the case will be thrown out

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats all it takes and with that u have no leg to stand on so suing Nintendo the case will be thrown out

I remember reading a very similar story here at GBAtemp about someone whose gamepad also would not work properly and also had their warranty "expired". Nintendo told them that they discovered homebrew on the console, in which said person said "they were only trying it out" but Nintendo said it's a no-no.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading a very similar story here at GBAtemp about someone whose gamepad also would not work properly and also had their warranty "expired". Nintendo told them that they discovered homebrew on the console, in which said person said "they were only trying it out" but Nintendo said it's a no-no.

yes because it's a unauthorized modification.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about this Cid2mizard but unfortunately, you did violate the terms of the manufacturer's warranty. Technically speaking, even though softmodding the vWii wouldn't have anything to do with your gamepad no longer connecting, ANY manufacturer would refuse to touch a console (for free) that's been tampered with in any way shape or form.

Its there way of no having to service consoles that would fall under warranty (within the time limit). Its how they pinch pennies sadly. Clearly, you ended up with faulty hardware, but they don't care, no manufacturer cares anymore. They would much rather have you buy another console or pay them hand over fist for repairs :(

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The Wii was stupidly easy to repair yourself. Do anyone know which part that happen to communicate with the Gamepad? Maybe it's just to replace it?

Maybe it's just the Gamepad itself that is broken. They sell spares now days don't they?

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii was stupidly easy to repair yourself. Do anyone know which part that happen to communicate with the Gamepad? Maybe it's just to replace it?

Maybe it's just the Gamepad itself that is broken. They sell spares now days don't they?

nope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger