Hardware Nintendo theory

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What nintendo needs to focus on is creating a better online gaming network, they fail in that area, regardless of wii or wii successor, they need to send a message to developers and buyers we can compete with microsoft and sony on a network level.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
first, wii successor has not even been discussed and the wii is uber oldWii was released in late 2006.
Xbox 360 was released in late 2005.
Playstation 3 was released in late 2006.
It's essentially the same age as the other consoles, almost exactly as old as the PS3. Not "uber" old.

QUOTE(bigpaws @ Feb 3 2011, 04:23 AM) also, ninty tends to use a grand new technology in their systems.
Nintendo hasn't been all that innovative or 'grand' since the Nintendo 64.
The GameCube was, at it's best, on-par with some Playstation 2 and Xbox games and was limited by the size of the Gamecube miniDVDs.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
machomuu said:
The system release order is (from earliest to latest release):
Xbox 360 - 2005
PS3 - November 2006 in Japan and US, March 2007 elsewhere.
Wii - November/December 2006 everywhere that counts.
Depending where you sit in the world, Wii came out before PS3.
Either way, Sony said 2016 is new console, and Microsoft are following them saying kinnect is xbox720.
Nintendo never mentioned anything about their console's lifecycle, so 5/6 years is the norm for the next one. 2011/2

QUOTE(bigpaws @ Feb 4 2011, 06:28 AM) there is no gameplay update to convince people to buy a new console and that is what nintendo lives on. it lives on the never seen features such as motion back at wii launch and touch at ds launch and 3d in 3ds launch etc. no tech inovations have been found recently toi enhance gameplay so it may be awhile if never i think. more can be done to gameplay with a handheld than a console. touch, gyro, and more. 3d is not an option for console since 3d tvs are too expensive and it would not sell. what new feature could they add?

If you were as old -
frown.gif
- as me you'd know NES, SNES, N64, and the gamecube were on-par or better technically than the competition.
Some of them even added those never seen features you're thinking of, but as an after-thought usually.
it actually is still something new
nes was first 8bit
snes was graphically better than competition
n64 was the first 64 bit 3d console
gamecube was a disk based system with improved graphics
tell me what ninty cound do to make a new console sell if the wii is cheaper and relitivly the same

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
Nollog said:
machomuu said:
The system release order is (from earliest to latest release):
Xbox 360 - 2005
PS3 - November 2006 in Japan and US, March 2007 elsewhere.
Wii - November/December 2006 everywhere that counts.
Depending where you sit in the world, Wii came out before PS3.
Either way, Sony said 2016 is new console, and Microsoft are following them saying kinnect is xbox720.
Nintendo never mentioned anything about their console's lifecycle, so 5/6 years is the norm for the next one. 2011/2

QUOTE(bigpaws @ Feb 4 2011, 06:28 AM) there is no gameplay update to convince people to buy a new console and that is what nintendo lives on. it lives on the never seen features such as motion back at wii launch and touch at ds launch and 3d in 3ds launch etc. no tech inovations have been found recently toi enhance gameplay so it may be awhile if never i think. more can be done to gameplay with a handheld than a console. touch, gyro, and more. 3d is not an option for console since 3d tvs are too expensive and it would not sell. what new feature could they add?

If you were as old -
frown.gif
- as me you'd know NES, SNES, N64, and the gamecube were on-par or better technically than the competition.
Some of them even added those never seen features you're thinking of, but as an after-thought usually.
nes was first 8bit
tell me what ninty cound do to make a new console sell if the wii is cheaper and relitivly the same
Nope.
jaguar.jpg

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
bigpaws said:
there is no gameplay update to convince people to buy a new console and that is what nintendo lives on. it lives on the never seen features such as motion back at wii launch and touch at ds launch and 3d in 3ds launch etc. no tech inovations have been found recently toi enhance gameplay so it may be awhile if never i think.

Like I said before, they will make consoles more powerful to enhance the experience. It's what they did when they weren't all gimmicky and when they're through with the gimmicks they'll start making their consoles more powerful.

QUOTE(bigpaws @ Feb 4 2011, 06:28 AM) more can be done to gameplay with a handheld than a console. touch, gyro, and more. 3d is not an option for console since 3d tvs are too expensive and it would not sell.

PS3 had an update to incoporate 3D. Probably not used but then concept's there.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
bigpaws said:
nes was first 8bit
You're saying they introduce "game-changers" though.
Nes to snes was an obvious progression of updating the power, which sega also did probably before them - I forget now.
N64 was powerful, but this one did have "game-changers" in the form of controller, rumble, savepak & 3D.
Gamecube used discs? This was just a change for Nintendo, others were using discs already. the only thing gamecube did was up the power as I recall.

What would sell a Wii 2 in a year or two, is having it go above PlayStation 3 level graphics, keeping Wiiremote+, and their back-library.
The big point here is the Wiiremote+. You keep that and a lot of casuals will buy the Wii2, and probably keep their Wii's too.
For "hardcore" you bring the graphics above the PS3 and you have a winner, many who refused to buy the Wii on the principal of bad graphics will buy the back-log of Nintendo games.
I don't see how Nintendo could possibly lose with that strategy.
Also, third parties could use the new platform to port ps3 and xbox360 games to Wii 2, giving them another source of income on old titles.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
bigpaws said:
nes was first 8bit
You're saying they introduce "game-changers" though.
Nes to snes was an obvious progression of updating the power, which sega also did probably before them - I forget now.
N64 was powerful, but this one did have "game-changers" in the form of controller, rumble, savepak & 3D.
Gamecube used discs? This was just a change for Nintendo, others were using discs already. the only thing gamecube did was up the power as I recall.

What would sell a Wii 2 in a year or two, is having it go above PlayStation 3 level graphics, keeping Wiiremote+, and their back-library.
The big point here is the Wiiremote+. You keep that and a lot of casuals will buy the Wii2, and probably keep their Wii's too.
For "hardcore" you bring the graphics above the PS3 and you have a winner, many who refused to buy the Wii on the principal of bad graphics will buy the back-log of Nintendo games.
I don't see how Nintendo could possibly lose with that strategy.
Also, third parties could use the new platform to port ps3 and xbox360 games to Wii 2, giving them another source of income on old titles.
Yeah but actually, while the biggest thing about the N64 was it being 64-bit, the most important innovation was definitely the Analog Stick, which changed gaming forever.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
bigpaws said:
either ninty finally can keep secrets or there is no console.

You're kidding right? Nintendo can't keep secrets? Surely you know about the recently revealed secret that the gamecube can work in full 3D with a specially designed screen straight out of the box and that Luigi's Mansion was intended to be in stereoscopic 3D...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
3DS is just the return of the Modern Nintendo aka N64-GameCube. Which is the worst Nintendo.
No, I vote the Virtual Boy. I don't know where you were in the mid-nineties, but the N64 was amazing, and still is. Fact not opinion (well the "still is" is opinion).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Juanmatron said:
3DS is just the return of the Modern Nintendo aka N64-GameCube. Which is the worst Nintendo.
No, I vote the Virtual Boy. I don't know where you were in the mid-nineties, but the N64 was amazing, and still is. Fact not opinion (well the "still is" is opinion).
No 3DS is totally different than Virtual Boy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.