Hardware Nintendo Switch's screen quality is gorgeous!

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,557
  • Replies 16
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Got my tempered screen glass today and applied to the Switch, so after that, I found the screen quality to be really nice looking and using the Joy-Cons spread out on the left and right are rather comfortable (but I can't say the same when they're on the Controller Grip, it just cramps my hands).

Damn it. This just reminds me of how good the WiiU GamePad and gaming on it could have been! What a shame, oh well.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got my tempered screen glass today and applied to the Switch, so after that, I found the screen quality to be really nice looking and using the Joy-Cons spread out on the left and right are rather comfortable (but I can't say the same when they're on the Controller Grip, it just cramps my hands).

Damn it. This just reminds me of how good the WiiU GamePad and gaming on it could have been! What a shame, oh well.

Stop living in the past man! Enjoy your new hotness! It is pretty fscking sexy...

Reactions: Xzi

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq

cool man, i agree with the screen being gorgeous.
and yes it probably will be hefty for the hands for long hours of gaming.
maybe a grip will fix the issue, i use a grip from CyberGadget for my N3DS XL and it helps so immensely.
i can't play on my n3ds xl without that grip on it.

btw. which glass sp did you get for your switch? and how is the fit?
i am looking to order one these days actually.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a great IPS screen but calibration from the factory would have made it even better, I find it a bit on the cool side meaning it has a bluish tint on all shades.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
btw. which glass sp did you get for your switch? and how is the fit?
I got the CaseBase from Amazon but to be honest, it took so long that I was ready to order one from eBay for way less than what I paid for (but at the time of when I purchased the CaseBase that looked like a good deal).

I'm satisfied. The Switch has a proper screen now.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
It's a great IPS screen but calibration from the factory would have made it even better, I find it a bit on the cool side meaning it has a bluish tint on all shades.

i am also a warm type of guy , i calibrated my tv to get rid of blueish tints.
but the switch screen's blue hue is not too bad !

but it mayhap would have looked better if the temperature were similar to those of the gamepad, i find the wii u gamepad to be quite warm.
maybe they will actually give us an option to change the screen's rgb with some update, considering it has os similar to smartphones , then it is very possible to add those functions.

I got the CaseBase from Amazon but to be honest, it took so long that I was ready to order one from eBay for way less than what I paid for (but at the time of when I purchased the CaseBase that looked like a good deal).

I'm satisfied. The Switch has a proper screen now.

neat , i see you have pre-ordered some games.
i want Disgaea 5 Complete and MK8Deluxe.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
still waiting on my casebase one to arrive had to order from amazon UK they were trying to charge $50 with postage for it on ebay here! look at this rip off c***!

only £12.98 with postage total AUD 21.86 on AMUK! big fucking difference huh?!

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
It really does look nice. Finally got the chance to play in handheld mode today and test the screen and battery. Got the brightness around half way and I played Zelda for around 3 hours and 22 minutes before it needing charge. The screen looks great and shows the colors off in Zelda.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I charge when the 15% battery alert comes on (it's better for Lion batteries not to run it below that mark), with Airplane mode enabled and screen brightness at about 75%; I get about 2.75 hours.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my tempered screen glass today and applied to the Switch, so after that, I found the screen quality to be really nice looking and using the Joy-Cons spread out on the left and right are rather comfortable (but I can't say the same when they're on the Controller Grip, it just cramps my hands)
Thats Japan Display ma boi

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They really should make a bigger grip for people with bigger hands but then people will say Nintendo is trying to milk since the included grip is useless, not well thought out and accessories are expensive.

Perhaps 3rd party will come to the rescue in a couple months for more comfortable grips with built in batteries for cheap.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Stop living in the past man! Enjoy your new hotness! It is pretty fscking sexy...
I can't wait to play Mario Kart 8 on the Switch screen. Just freaking great!

They really should make a bigger grip for people with bigger hands but then people will say Nintendo is trying to milk since the included grip is useless, not well thought out and accessories are expensive.

Perhaps 3rd party will come to the rescue in a couple months for more comfortable grips with built in batteries for cheap.
My hands are between normal to big-ish and I don't have any problems with the Joy-Cons' smallness. In fact, Nintendo missed on marketing the Joy-Cons to people who're after a hands-free gaming experience and disabled folks too.

Reactions: Nemix77

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm shocked at the screen QC the switch got. Usually some people get nice panels and others get terrible yellow tint ones. So far the only screen complaints are dead pixels, but that just kind of happens. Sadly I believe the minimum dead pixels for defective is considered 6.

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I've posted about this on reddit a few days ago, just got a couple answers:

I noticed odd scanlines as soon as I started playing in handheld mode. They're horizontal lines that appear whenever there is motion on screen (like panning the camera).

At first I thought it was Zelda saving some gpu time by skipping a few horizontal lines, but it's actually in every game. Yesterday I found the first thread about it, user says he has it and his son's doesn't.

Do you experience this ? It's pretty annoying and distracting to be honest.

EDIT: linking the reddit thread above, other users are surely better articulated than I am:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5zukca/scanlines_in_motions_on_the_switchs_screen/

Last edited by vingt-2,

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've posted about this on reddit a few days ago, just got a couple answers:

I noticed odd scanlines as soon as I started playing in handheld mode. They're horizontal lines that appear whenever there is motion on screen (like panning the camera).

At first I thought it was Zelda saving some gpu time by skipping a few horizontal lines, but it's actually in every game. Yesterday I found the first thread about it, user says he has it and his son's doesn't.

Do you experience this ? It's pretty annoying and distracting to be honest.

EDIT: linking the reddit thread above, other users are surely better articulated than I am:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5zukca/scanlines_in_motions_on_the_switchs_screen/
It's your eyes not adjusted to the screen. Oddly enough when i got my new 1440p monitor I saw something similar. It went away after 15 minutes or so and my eyes adjusted. My brother still sees it when we play games. I don't think its a defective unit if it's like what I saw. It would only been in the background when I turned the camera. Zelda in particular was the only game I had ever seen it in, but I can't see it anymore.

If this is not the case and it does not go away, then I'd call Nintendo. But my brother always sees it when we play on my 1440p monitor but I don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup