Nintendo Switch Sells 10 Million Worldwide

Nintendo Switch Sells 10 Million Worldwide
Nintendo’s Video Game System Passes Major Milestone in Just Nine Months

Despite launching in March, a month not usually reserved for home console launches, and with the busy holiday shopping season still in full swing, the Nintendo Switch system has already sold 10 million units to consumers around the world, according to Nintendo’s internal sales figures.

NintendoSwitch_hardware_boxart_02.jpg

Full PR:
Nintendo Switch is a home console that can be played on a TV, and also taken instantly on the go – it lets people play their favorite games anytime, anywhere and with anyone. And since every Nintendo Switch system comes bundled with two Joy-Con controllers, players can easily share the fun of compatible multiplayer games with friends and family right out of the box.

The robust and diverse library on Nintendo Switch features two of the most acclaimed video games of all time in Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. At The Game Awards last week in Los Angeles, Super Mario Odyssey won the award for Best Family Game. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was honored with the awards for Game of the Year, Best Action/Adventure Game and Best Game Direction.

Nintendo Switch is also home to fun multiplayer games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and ARMS that can be played online or with friends and family in the same room, as well as an ever-growing list of great third-party games like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, FIFA 18, Rocket League, L.A. Noire, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Golf Story and Stardew Valley, Nintendo Switch is truly for any player.

“As you can see in people’s living rooms, on a plane or riding the subway, fans all over the world can enjoy playing Nintendo Switch wherever they go,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The response from fans has been great, and we’re doing our very best to satisfy demand during the holiday shopping season.”

After a record-breaking 2017, Nintendo Switch will continue its momentum in 2018. The system will see the launch of Nintendo-published games like Kirby Star Allies, Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 and a new game in the beloved Yoshi franchise, in addition to big third-party games like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus from Bethesda, Mega Man 11 from Capcom, PROJECT OCTOPATH TRAVELER (working title) from Square Enix, Shovel Knight: King of Cards from Yacht Club Games and Runner 3 from Choice Provisions.

Nintendo Switch hits 10 million sales worldwide since its launch on 3rd March 2017, with a range of award-winning games including The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey already available, with plenty more experiences to come in 2018.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, I think the Switch would have been even more succesful if there was an external GPU in the dock, so that when its in home console mode, we get much better graphics

Wouldn't account for the underpowered CPU.

Unless they introduced an efficient cooling method to give us more power than we already get in docked mode.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the Wii U done right? :o
The WiiU GPU wise was a proper generational leap on paper. Where it was hampered, was in the CPU portion. The standard Wii was already almost a generation behind the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which were modern PowerPC cores. Sure, the WiiU adopted PowerPC as well... a tri-core version of the 750. Which following IBM's diagrams, is the same PPC that was in the PowerMac G3. That chip was competing with the likes of the Pentium III/4 and AMD Athlon of the Socket A era. While custom, the PPC chips in the 360 and PS3 were still closer to being more for a PowerMac G4.5, somewhere before Apple switched to intel. Not even close to the mobile FX chips that were the AMD Jaguar APU's in the PS4/XBO.

Yes, it was dead simple for then the WiiU to properly handle native Wii code, it put it more than a full CPU generation behind their competition. And that's not even factoring that Satoru Iwata intentionally kept their hardware designers from even knowing that Xbox Live and PlayStation network was even a thing when it came time to design the WiiU console hardware. That is just one reason, that I will never have any kind of rose-colored glasses for Mr. Iwata, even posthumously. That kind of gross negligence is disgraceful.

Last edited by codezer0, , Reason: Grammar upkeep

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
switch has good enough graphics nintedo games don't need to look realist and thats the games i play on Nintendo systems not to mention it would be really expensive to fit ps4 level specs in a tablet.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't account for the underpowered CPU.

Unless they introduced an efficient cooling method to give us more power than we already get in docked mode.
What i mean is that games would be low/medium quality in portable mode, and high/ultra when docked
I think it would have been more succesful that way
but hey, thats just my opinion

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What i mean is that games would be low/medium quality in portable mode, and high/ultra when docked
I think it would have been more succesful that way
but hey, thats just my opinion
It's a good opinion though. Would definitely give it a more competitive edge too.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU GPU wise was a proper generational leap on paper. Where it was hampered, was in the CPU portion. The standard Wii was already almost a generation behind the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which were modern PowerPC cores. Sure, the WiiU adopted PowerPC as well... a tri-core version of the 750. Which following IBM's diagrams, is the same PPC that was in the PowerMac G3. That chip was competing with the likes of the Pentium III/4 and AMD Athlon of the Socket A era. While custom, the PPC chips in the 360 and PS3 were still closer to being more for a PowerMac G4.5, somewhere before Apple switched to intel. Not even close to the mobile FX chips that were the AMD Jaguar APU's in the PS4/XBO.

Yes, it was dead simple for then the WiiU to properly handle native Wii code, it put it more than a full CPU generation behind their competition. And that's not even factoring that Satoru Iwata intentionally kept their hardware designers from even knowing that Xbox Live and PlayStation network was even a thing when it came time to design the WiiU console hardware. That is one reason that I will never have any kind of rose-colored glasses for Mr. Iwata, even post-humously. That kind of gross negligence is disgraceful.
Source for that XBL and PSN comment? Genuinely curious. Would make more sense as to why we have the asinine online services we do.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when the switch is in handheld mode the fan doesn't spin and it requires more cooling when the cpu is clocked higher and spinning the fan in hanheld mode and having it clocked highers going to make it have very bad battery life

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't interpret that as Iwata intentionally kept them from researching other online networks, but that Nintendo engineers just had never played on their competitors consoles
Still something that should have been known as they're all competitors at this point.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't interpret that as Iwata intentionally kept them from researching other online networks, but that Nintendo engineers just had never played on their competitors consoles
It's still, absolutely neglectful. Iwata still tried to insist they weren't directly competing anymore, which strongly implied that he wasn't even looking at what Sony and Microsoft were doing, and the Japanese dev team absolutely would have followed (sheepishly) by example. Couple that with cultural xenophobia and that pretty much excludes any desire of them to look at whatever Microsoft was doing, because it's the work of an unclean foreigner.:glare: That's just how it is in the country. Good at his job or not, Inafune did say it was that kind of attitude for why Capcom was in such a funk for such a long time, and why even in the face of such stinging negative publicity, Konami is throwing itself headlong into pachinko machines and glorified gambling.

Just wish EA and Activision Blizzard wouldn't be, too.:angry:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: