Nintendo Switch - Piracy or Original Games

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Doctor_U, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Do you will buy Original games?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2017.
  1. Yes i will

81 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. No i will softmod

67 vote(s)
    45.3%
  1. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    That's where you're wrong though. Everything about piracy is bad unless you have no money and want to have fun.
    You can use backups on Nintendont, which is what I did because my Wii is the black one with no GC ports.

CuriousTommy likes this.
  2. Doctor_U
    OP

Doctor_U GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    My wii have GC ports but Brazil sucks and to buy original games (i mean GC) its super expensive, i only got 2 GC games.

3. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    It's not the developer's fault.
    I barely play GC so I don't really have that problem. GC games are also expensive outside of here, I had to save up for quite a while to get Melee while in Japan.

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I don't know if the situation with buying original games in South America is as bad as 6 years ago (they were marked in Argentina around 3 times the USA price), but if it is I kind of understand you. But still...

Doctor_U likes this.
  5. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    I'll softmod as soon as it's available. It's more or less of a tradition of mine now to mod my consoles and pirate the games.

6. Doctor_U
    OP

Doctor_U GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    I know thats why i use nintendont in brazil to buy GC games its like 95.7 dollars

I dont like piracy for news consoles,because thats actually Ruin the company's economy.

Last edited by Doctor_U, Jan 8, 2017
  7. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    -.- in time pretty much every console has been hacked at least starting from nes, I am absolutely positive it will be modded after some time, ya just need patience. It's a mass produced console so their bound to screw up in some way on early versions of the system leaving only system updates to fix those issues.

Doctor_U likes this.
  8. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I understand the price of games over there is terrible and I feel sorry that you have to pay 30% more than the rest of us here.

I just don't think it's fair to lump everyone in the same batch that likes to use homebrew for piracy. As for me I like to cheat my games, mod them to for uncensoring in some cases and most importantly make systems region free. Piracy is the last thing on my mind when I homebrew and I'm just grateful to be able to run games i paid for.

9. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    You're absolutely wrong. Smash Melee costs 60 bucks in Brazil ( http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...ash-bros-melee-original-nintendo-gamecube-_JM )
    Stop making things seem worse than what they are.

Well, I don't really do that. I do use A9LH for freeShop, but that's because I'm saving up for a Switch right now.

Also, things have been getting way better here. Prices are falling and things are just going better, that's why I'm going to be able to buy the Switch at launch.
    Things used to be bad in the old days, 2000's and early 10's, but now they're fine. ( 90's were pretty good ).

Thanks for worrying anyway :P

10. Doctor_U
    OP

Doctor_U GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Whit 200 R$ I can buy new wii u game or simple put credits in eshop to buy games :_: and also i have melee and sonic adventure legit games

11. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    i see, i never knew such a term existed.

Doctor_U likes this.
  12. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Fan

May 30, 2016
    United States
    3D printer FTW

MichiS97 and Doctor_U like this.
  13. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Sounds like a poor excuse. Then buy the games that do go down in pricing and then buy the games that don't when you can.

Last edited by KingVamp, Jan 9, 2017
  14. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    You're honestly trying to say that the amount of money I'm willing to spend on gaming is a poor excuse? To me it seems just as valid as any other reason.

15. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    I will softmod because I believe in a world where having full control of the hardware you paid for and you legitimate own is compatible with piracy being illegal. Said so, I'll still use piracy ways to test the games I want to pay for, before I get scammed.

16. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    People talking about piracy as if Nintendo is going provide a free exploit with every Switch purchase. May I remind you that there's still no proper hack for XB1/PS4 3+ years old consoles, and while Nintendo may not be Microsoft/Sony, they're probably going to take further steps against piracy.

But if it's a thing, I'm probably going to do it.

Last edited by Ra1d, Jan 9, 2017
  17. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    That isn't what I said or your reason at all. Trying to manage your money for gaming isn't a poor excuse. Your reason for not buying a system because not every single game goes down in price fast, is a poor excuse. Nintendo even does Nintendo Selects.

"I'll wait until things get cheaper", isn't the same as "I'll wouldn't buy any of it, because not everything is instantly cheap".

18. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    That's the thing about Nintendo games - they really do not get all that much cheaper with time. Not physical copies nor digital ones.

19. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    Lol, but Gamecube games are that same price in Japan, it's just like Brazil.
    But unfortunately, Wii U games are sometimes over R$200 ;-; And it's all Nintendo's fault for having abandoned Brazil. At least 3DS games are still cheap.

20. nedron92

nedron92 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2016
    Germany
    It's a dumb question..
    Really, i pirate and buy games a lot. Pirate to try them out and if I like them I buy them to support the devs.
    But there are some games (like Zelda and Pokemon) I will buy everytime, cause I love them.
    I buyed all zelda games within the main-timeline and so also nearly all nintendo Consoles (NES, SNES, N64 GC, WII, WII U... GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS).

If I have sometime no money and have to save first..then I pirate, try the game...and buy it later if I have the money for it.. but pirating all agmes and never buy a single game is...really really dumb/silly whatever.