Nintendo Switch paid online service starts this September

IMG_6614.JPG

After confusing reports and lots of wondering, Nintendo has finally given a solid release date for when the paid online service for the Nintendo Switch will launch. Come September 2018, the free online will end, and the $20 a year online subscription will be required to play games online. Nothing else was revealed, but more details were promised in the coming months.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I said less not all.

During the later part (2010-2012) the cheating was pretty bad. So I don't know. If we have mods/Hacks already, there's nothing saying we can't circumvent a ban..

Reactions: DarthDub

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally. Paid = less cheaters online.
depends how they track if you are allowed online if they track it system wide or make it something buyable on the eshop then it has the chances of being pirated which i personally dont think this will happen but worth mentioning

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
It at least better be on par with Xbox Gold and PSN Live, but I heard that when you get a free game from the service and you leave the service you can't play it anymore. Not sure if that's true or not

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
that's far too long a delay. what the hell are nintendo doing over there this should have been ready from the start!
They've never had an online service that could actually compete, online has typically been an afterthought for Nintendo. So they have to build it from the ground up, hopefully it will be decent.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to be very mad at only $20/yr, especially if they offer some decent incentives. I've been saying for the past year that Virtual Console's gonna come alongside the Online service (as they promised a collection of NES games for subscribers), so I'm hoping my hunch is correct. I'd gladly fork over money for Earthbound and Earthbound Origins on my Switch. And, as a little extra, I'm hoping their online infrastructure isn't complete garbage. Fingers crossed.

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
During the later part (2010-2012) the cheating was pretty bad. So I don't know. If we have mods/Hacks already, there's nothing saying we can't circumvent a ban..
And considering it was a hard mod and on top of that with the paid online and getting past that, there were a lot of modded online

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
From what i've seen so far the online service would have to drastically improve to make it worth paying for.

I probably would end up paying for it just to use the online functionality of Pokemon when that's released on the Switch though..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho