Hardware Nintendo Switch has been worked on for TWO YEARS?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget that it was nVidia saying they've been working on it for two years. So that's the point at which Nintendo had come to them as partner on the console. No doubt, there was much going on at Nintendo before bringing nVidia on board.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Don't forget that it was nVidia saying they've been working on it for two years. So that's the point at which Nintendo had come to them as partner on the console. No doubt, there was much going on at Nintendo before bringing nVidia on board.
Indeed. Consoles go through various iterations and prototypes before the final specification is decided and actual development starts - sometimes different competing designs being made simultaneously. Even when the basic specs are decided, early development kits and test hardware tend to be PCs using related hardware rather than using the final spec.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It tends to be around 4-5 years. Initial planning starts roughly a year after the launch of their current console, though the Wii U's short life span has made the turnaround seem a lot faster.
You can bet Switch has been being worked on since 2013 , because Ninty knew, knows and will always know that the Wii U failed and it didn't give them lots of money like Wii, DS, Gameboy, etc...

I hope Switch fixes Wii U error and that it will sell like Wii and DS back in the days

Reactions: DeoNaught

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed. Consoles go through various iterations and prototypes before the final specification is decided and actual development starts - sometimes different competing designs being made simultaneously. Even when the basic specs are decided, early development kits and test hardware tend to be PCs using related hardware rather than using the final spec.
But how many variations? I believe there is a tegra prototype for the 3ds, and tegra 2 was announced before 3ds was released.

D

Deleted-400430

I'm not surprised. With the Wii U being a failure, I understand why they would start making a console as soon as possible.

Reactions: DeoNaught

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night