Hacking Nintendo switch game no start on 3.0 after deleting update

Unk1ng69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After talking with Yellow 8 in IRC yesterday I've made a video in hopes to help anyone else out that wants to play their games. It shows what happens if you only delete sys data and not save data and then how to fix it YOU WILL DELETE YOUR SAVE DATA ALL OF IT

Reactions: Masterwin

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having this exact problem with my games. I can't launch any of them at the moment but really don't want to lose my save data.

Reactions: Unk1ng69

Unk1ng69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until we can manually update games or change saves I'm afriad you'll have to delete all as shown on video because ver vs ver

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering do updates for the game get saved to your sd card if you have one? Because I'm thinking after mostly being digital .. to just make a copy of my sd card to my pc .. but I don't know..

Reactions: Unk1ng69

Unk1ng69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering do updates for the game get saved to your sd card if you have one? Because I'm thinking after mostly being digital .. to just make a copy of my sd card to my pc .. but I don't know..
I'll attempt when I get home but I'm pretty sure it goes to sys mem not ext

AgentMcMuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, let me get this straight. Is this a way to make it so I can play my games without updating? Because two of my games won't launch without me connecting to the internet and updating.

And will my cart games' saves be retained or will those be deleted as well?

EDIT: What am I even saying? Switch carts are read only so all saves and updates are on the nand.

Last edited by AgentMcMuffin,

Unk1ng69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes this will kill all game updates and save data but when this is complete don't even turn on Wi-Fi and you are gold 3.0 and below.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As shown on the video you can just play your games without day 1 updates or anything else

Unk1ng69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now Nintendo is attempting to block people from launching anything if you are not on the latest update?
a multi spoofer would fix all issues. i really dont think its a deep code check just a fw-cart ver-save ver check

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ex fw 3.0 game 2.2 save file 2.2 will play perfect, but if just one of these numbers is changed it wants to connect online to update. I don't have all the answers but i'm trying to learn myself.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now Nintendo is attempting to block people from launching anything if you are not on the latest update?
at least it shows they are learning from their mistakes (for the most part)
and its not like they haven't been doing this partially for a while anyway (forced YT updates on 3ds, forced browser updates, etc.) :ha:

JenovaRebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After talking with Yellow 8 in IRC yesterday I've made a video in hopes to help anyone else out that wants to play their games. It shows what happens if you only delete sys data and not save data and then how to fix it YOU WILL DELETE YOUR SAVE DATA ALL OF IT

So is this the only way? What if you delete the specific games data and it’s save data only.

Or are we talking about different save data than that which we can access?

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My switch Never has Internet.. so no Problem here
But without a Game my switch collect dust ...
Waiting in his Package of a Solution to play oddesey without to lost hombrew
I can wait im young harhar ;)
This is Nothing aigainst the wait before botw is Coming out.....
F5
F5
F5
F5

Last edited by loler55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c