Nintendo Switch Firmware 3.0 Hacks Made Public

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SonyUSA, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Yeah. What Im saying is that I will finish first the games that I have, then I will evaluate if it's worth waiting more time.

With Zelda, I am Setsuna, and the rest of the games that are still playable on <3.0.0, I still have plenty of time before deciding if I should update or not.

I really don't care for the new Mario, but having to wait to play Xenoblade 2 will be a hard pill to swallow.

2. spiderman1216

spiderman1216 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Canada
    Just out of curiosity does this Switch Homebrew Emulator/debugger bring us closer to actual Switch emulation?

3. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Oh boy you are surely aiming skyhigh lol

But yeah, it does!

You see in order to emulate a system you need to have a really good understanding on how both hardware and software of the emulated system work.

We are really early in this whole process of understanding how the switch works but it surely is a step forward.

There are functional PS3, 3DS and Wii U emulators, their development all started by having access to homebrew development in said systems, just don't expect to be playing Super Mario Odyssey on your PC anytime soon, it might take quite a while.

Last edited by Tony_93, Oct 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM
    V-Temp likes this.