Nintendo Switch Firmware 3.0 Hacks Made Public

C7CkHQdXEAMQKe1.jpg

Team Reswitched has made their webkit exploit toolkit known as PegaSwitch available to the public! The newest version now supports up to firmware version 3.0, and comes with an Open Sourced SDK known as libtransistor so homebrew developers can get started on the console. They -even- released a Switch Homebrew emulator (they made it clear it will not emulate games) so you can debug and test homebrew without having to use the Switch every time!

With Switch homebrew still in it's infancy, don't expect anything crazy for a while still... but what an exciting time for the community!

:arrow:Check it out here!
:discuss:Discussion Here!

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have to stretch that into a 2000 hour game :rolleyes:

There will be a long time until capable homebrew comes out, let alone a backup loader... Unless you buy two systems and keep one outdated it isn't worth it to wait 2 years for stable stuff to come out...

@DocAmes1980 It's funny cuz your comment comes off as way more salty than anything I said lol
Yeah. What Im saying is that I will finish first the games that I have, then I will evaluate if it's worth waiting more time.

With Zelda, I am Setsuna, and the rest of the games that are still playable on <3.0.0, I still have plenty of time before deciding if I should update or not.

I really don't care for the new Mario, but having to wait to play Xenoblade 2 will be a hard pill to swallow.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity does this Switch Homebrew Emulator/debugger bring us closer to actual Switch emulation?
Oh boy you are surely aiming skyhigh lol

But yeah, it does!

You see in order to emulate a system you need to have a really good understanding on how both hardware and software of the emulated system work.

We are really early in this whole process of understanding how the switch works but it surely is a step forward.

There are functional PS3, 3DS and Wii U emulators, their development all started by having access to homebrew development in said systems, just don't expect to be playing Super Mario Odyssey on your PC anytime soon, it might take quite a while.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: V-Temp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: