Hardware Nintendo Switch Dock Has Been Pulled From The Nintendo Store

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken mine in and out of the dock numerous times, have not scratched it. Maybe some people should take care of their stuff, take the extra 1-2 seconds to put it in there gently.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Taken mine in and out of the dock numerous times, have not scratched it. Maybe some people should take care of their stuff, take the extra 1-2 seconds to put it in there gently.
This.. Right here is exactly why shit like this happens. The plastic on plastic idea was bad.. What YOU do won't change that.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why's does everyone keep saying these things are "made fore kids"? Fuck you there is a huge gamer base over 20 out there. Once a gamer always a gamer and Nintendo products are geared honestly more towards there generation. Why would you believe this to be intended for kids? The children will surely play it hence the more modest/educational titles put out but a huge portion of the gamers are into games of extreme violence which let's face it have always existed for Nintendo consoles ( Mario kills turtles by jumping on there heads.... seems pretty brutal for a kids game doesn't it.) Anyways yeah screw that a console isn't designed for kids. It is made for the older demographic who usually have kids and offers child friendly options and titles. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't let kids use my gaming stuff without adult supervision (especially during the first year it's out) because kids don't usually get that these things are expensive and you should be lucky to have one. Break it and you're sol.

Reactions: Ra1d

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
' “The dock wasn’t ‘pulled’ from the replacement/refurbishment store—it’s out of stock,” a Nintendo of America spokesperson told Gizmodo in an email. “As previously announced, the Nintendo Switch dock set (which includes the dock, a HDMI cable, and an AC adapter) will be released Spring 2017.” '

http://gizmodo.com/nintendo-denies-pulling-the-switchs-dock-from-its-onlin-1793053187

Seems like Nintendo isn't preparing a fix after all, or at the very least, they're denying it right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why's does everyone keep saying these things are "made fore kids"? Fuck you
They're saying that consoles like this are made to take at least the manhandling of a careless child without breaking, which isn't saying the console is only made for kids. That's just a smart way to design your product.

Reactions: thorasgar

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tester are probably more gentle than people of real world use. They should have just not have that front part of the dock and have a cover for the Switch itself. They shouldn't have completely thrown out the clamshell design.

There is some merit to that, however the amount of ipod stands and docks that I have seen fall off tables and bend things such that it is a nightmare to repair...
Given said things are theoretically touch only controls, as opposed to something that could well have a nice USB cable plugged into it with a kid swinging off the end, and likely not enough mass to make a xbox style quick detach a viable option, then not having to fix as many connectors in your repair shops could then argue for the design.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is some merit to that, however the amount of ipod stands and docks that I have seen fall off tables and bend things such that it is a nightmare to repair...
Given said things are theoretically touch only controls, as opposed to something that could well have a nice USB cable plugged into it with a kid swinging off the end, and likely not enough mass to make a xbox style quick detach a viable option, then not having to fix as many connectors in your repair shops could then argue for the design.
I can't imagine enough Switches falling over and bending, to offset screens being scratched due to this design and user error. Especially if they have to redesign the docks anyway.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't imagine enough Switches falling over and bending, to offset screens being scratched due to this design and user error. Especially if they have to redesign the docks anyway.
I was not intending to say this implementation would pay off for them, merely that a dock things can't fall out out and cantilever a connector or connector port could be a better design choice, or at least an easily justified one, than an open face one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.