MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure once they revise a new dock, they'll offer a free exchange program like they did with the Wiimote rubber covers.

That is, unless a third party beats Nintendo to it with a better dock.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure once they revise a new dock, they'll offer a free exchange program like they did with the Wiimote rubber covers.

If they do its price point will have to be above $90 because it will have to include Nintendo's DRM.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The timing is rather peculiar, hopefully an explanation is in order.

I'd rather it be a free replacement than have to spend more.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will probably end up shipping people some covers for the dock lol...

But really they are probably going mod the dock to have some soft pads there.
Either way a screen protector thats glass will stop this.
Plastic cant scratch the hard glass.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tester are probably more gentle than people of real world use. They should have just not have that front part of the dock and have a cover for the Switch itself. They shouldn't have completely thrown out the clamshell design.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this can be used while docked? (edit:nevermind, reviews say it won't)

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Hybrid-Cover/dp/B01N22YBVY/

I wish it did, I would have probably just used that to keep that protection from clamshellness without the bulk.

RULE NUMBA 1: never get NEW consol at D1!

a huge thank to all of you, the beta testers
After long consideration of adding your rule to the master list of "osaka's rules for living life", we must inform you it has not been accepted. Thank you for your interest, and we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Last edited by osaka35,

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a chance. A glass or plastic screen protector yes. That, no. Though I have heard it is very easy to remove so it still is an option for portable mode. Just 1 more step to remove and install.
sadness. most protectors I've used mess with the colours or clarity of the screen, so I'm always hesitant to use one. Is it all the glass ones that are bubbling/falling off, or just that one brand's?

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People must be throwing the console into the dock or slamming it in with unnecessary force. I don't think this is a huge issue but only time can prove it.

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
People must be throwing the console into the dock or slamming it in with unnecessary force. I don't think this is a huge issue but only time can prove it.
Some people are not the most careful with their devices.
Considering the Switch is made for children that won't take a lot of care for the system, it's [kind of] a big deal.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadness. most protectors I've used mess with the colours or clarity of the screen, so I'm always hesitant to use one. Is it all the glass ones that are bubbling/falling off, or just that one brand's?
I saw some threads on reddit about the heat issues and it seems mostly with plastic ones and sometimes with glass. I have not had a big problem with my amFilm glass protectors from Amazon, but my switch does not have any 6 hour intense marathons docked under its belt either. On mine if you look very closely to the outermost 1mm edge I can see some small streaking but that is completely on the bezel and it may have been there from installation. Not something I would notice unless I looked very closely at. That said the Zagg on my iphone is crystal clear to the very edge.

Regarding people "slamming" their switch in the dock. It is nearly impossible to insert or remove the dock without the switch coming in contact with the sides there is only abuut 2mm clearance if that. This is not a game of Operation.

Last edited by thorasgar,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Tester are probably more gentle than people of real world use. They should have just not have that front part of the dock and have a cover for the Switch itself. They shouldn't have completely thrown out the clamshell design.

They should have let all of cnet play with it for a few weeks. That video with the stand shows how aggressive they can be.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Some people are not the most careful with their devices.
Considering the Switch is made for children that won't take a lot of care for the system, it's [kind of] a big deal.

It's always interesting to see "it's for children" even though the marketing rarely directs it as such.

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr