Hacking Nintendo Switch Diagnostics Screen

kylemsguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but this seems to be the best place given the options.

I sent my Nintendo Switch in for repair about a month ago, and when I got it back, I proceeded to accidentally update to 2.1 and then 2.2 (man Nintendo is aggressive with updates this time round).

Today I was looking through the screenshots on my Switch, and I discovered among my screenshots a few diagnostic screens. I think these are from a test cartridge that was used to test the switch when I sent it in for repairs. (I've redacted any potentially sensitive information)

I think one thing of note is the FW version. It seems that the numbering scheme of the FW is the same as in the 3DS. I'd really like to know what the -15 (the browser version?) part is in 2.1 and 2.2, but I can't find out without getting my hands on this software or finding out how to launch it on my switch.

ZLmtF8t.png

Another thing i noticed is that this photo's modification date is sorted under 2016/12/31, and its modification date is 31 Dec 1979 at 7PM EST.

In any case, this might not be too useful, but it is definitely interesting to look at.

Last edited by kylemsguy,

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still NX in the beginning of the firmware.

Companies often continue using codenames in firmware updates, for example when I go look for factory images for my Nexus 6, I look for "shamu" not "Nexus6" as "shamu" was the code name for the nexus 6 this is also the case for many many other devices that run android. I'd say this is pretty common practice to be honest.

kylemsguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's intended to be internal, so there's no point going s/NX/Switch/g or whatever because that might introduce its own bugs for no good reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.