Nintendo selling cut content from Fantasy Life as DLC

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is that there's really no comparison between day-one DLC and a day-one patch. They're completely different things. One is content you can optionally pay for (which almost certainly was purposely cut from the game to make extra money off the customer), and one is a free bug patch that's often required for a more stable and bug-free experience.

Tl;dr your comparison is ridiculous, and the fact that you contrasted the difference yourself in your most recent post further proves that.

No, my comparison is not ridiculous just because I contrasted myself. I'm just aware that there's another side to it. More debates would be better if everyone knew the other side of the argument.

The comparison is that both are day one. The second comparison is that people bitch about both. Oooh, why don't they bug fix before they release the game? Oooh, why don't they give us the DLC with the full game? I might be more inclined to agree with the second sentiment if it was legitimately held from the game specifically to sell.

The fact that bug fixes and DLC are often released at the same time further drives the public perception. Also the fact that patches are also DLC that you just don't pay for. This might be the root of entitlement for new age gamers. "Well they give us free patches on day one, why do I have to pay for day one DLC when that could have been included with the full game. What a fucking rip-off."

The fact that people are bitching now (because some bloggers insinuate that we were supposed to get the later edition which included the DLC like an ultimate edition) suggests that no one is doing anything to fact checking. No where in the name or press releases suggests anything of the sort. Everyone just wants to feel the butt hurt that comes with the fact that Nintendo is still experimenting in the DLC scene like some running fucking joke. Don't project just yet when there's nothing to be so angry about.

TL;DR: TL;DRs are complete shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies