Hardware Nintendo rep says the screen should wobble

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Wow, I'm getting kind of sick of seeing the OMFG MY SCREEN WOBBLES comments. I take it noone has a DSlite or dsi or whatever because the screen has always wobbled a little, i have both a dslite and a 3ds and they wobble the same. It has no negative effect, i mean ive played on my dslite all the time and even when u button mash hard its not like ur screen is flimsy itll barely move anyway. Everybody needs to stop being so paranoid, now if its a serious problem like a really flimsy top half then go get replaced thats what warranty is for, everybody blows thing out of proportions.
People DO have a reason to be mad.

For one, this is just one a list of problems that the 3DS has racked up. Shoddy build, bad battery life...
Second, the gyroscope functionality would be hindered if your screen flopped down due to small movement. Take for example Face Raiders.
Third, the price. Damn, if you paid 250 DOLLARS (or more if you're in Europe or Australia) you'd expect a system with few flaws and nothing to complain about.

I DO hate some of these comments, but remember: To each their own.

Barroom Hero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Wow, I'm getting kind of sick of seeing the OMFG MY SCREEN WOBBLES comments. I take it noone has a DSlite or dsi or whatever because the screen has always wobbled a little, i have both a dslite and a 3ds and they wobble the same. It has no negative effect, i mean ive played on my dslite all the time and even when u button mash hard its not like ur screen is flimsy itll barely move anyway. Everybody needs to stop being so paranoid, now if its a serious problem like a really flimsy top half then go get replaced thats what warranty is for, everybody blows thing out of proportions.

For 250$ its not out of the realm to ask for a solid build.I do own a ds lite and owned a dsphat and neither had any wobble....add in the small "sweetspot" which the wobble exceeds in some of the posts and move type games ....yeah theres a reason to complain

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
cris92x said:
People DO have a reason to be mad.

For one, this is just one a list of problems that the 3DS has racked up. Shoddy build, bad battery life...
Second, the gyroscope functionality would be hindered if your screen flopped down due to small movement. Take for example Face Raiders.
Third, the price. Damn, if you paid 250 DOLLARS (or more if you're in Europe or Australia) you'd expect a system with few flaws and nothing to complain about.

I DO hate some of these comments, but remember: To each their own.
Shoddy my foot!
tongue.gif

How 'bout if the wobbles aren't affecting the games like Face Raiders?

Price? You getting something good to match the price too. Doesn't matter how pricey something is, there always flaws aka not perfect.

Price ? perfect.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, I see what these guys and girls are saying.

I have seen MANY Nintendo DS systems both that wobble pretty bad and those which are solid.

I have only seen 2 of the Nintendo 3DS, mine which doesn't wobble at all and my brother's which wobbles significantly more when compared to mine.

But then again, they will wobble eventually if not treated right and through constant moving the screen up fully and down or being careless.

Herox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
yea...I think lot of the 3DS hatin' is by punks who are too poor to buy a 3DS (like me) or are mindless tools for Sony.
If we were to poor to buy one then how would we have one and know our screens wobble?

Herox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
I really don't see the problem with the wobble. Do you have parkinsons or something whenever you play your 3DS!?
It hurts some games that use the gyroscope. The movement causing the screen to wobble. Mine doesn't have that issue though and it just slightly wobbles, so I'm fine.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
I really don't see the problem with the wobble. Do you have parkinsons or something whenever you play your 3DS!?
If it wobbles you can't really play gyroscope games well and you will lose the 3D effect sometimes because of the change in viewing angle.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
KingVamp said:
Or maybe he is right and some wobbles are not a problem.
Whether they're a big problem or not, people have the right to complain after finding defects in a console they paid money for.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameGeek said:
KingVamp said:
Whether they're a big problem or not, people have the right to complain after finding defects in a console they paid money for.
If it isn't a problem then it isn't a defect. As long as the hinge doesn't keep you from doing all the things on the 3DS, it isn't a defect or problem.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
GameGeek said:
KingVamp said:
If it isn't a problem then it isn't a defect. As long as the hinge doesn't keep you from doing all the things on the 3DS, it isn't a defect or problem.

it can be annoying though.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
KingVamp said:
GameGeek said:
KingVamp said:
So if I buy handheld game system and it comes with a crack in its screen but still works perfectly and shows the graphics correctly, the crack can't be considered a defect since I can still do all the things I'm supposed to be able to do with the console?

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of you could complain about the wobble if you had -any- idea... even the smallest clue... about engineering.

Untill then.. Shut up.

I hope none of you ever go into a tall building.... cause guess what? They -wobble-.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tigran said:
Most of you could complain about the wobble if you had -any- idea... even the smallest clue... about engineering.

Untill then.. Shut up.

I hope none of you ever go into a tall building.... cause guess what? They -wobble-.
My DS Lite's top screen doesn't wobble.

And LMAO at the "If you don't know about engineering, shut up" argument. So you don't have the right to complain if and application or a game crashes all the time unless you're a programmer?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameGeek said:
KingVamp said:
GameGeek said:
KingVamp said:
So if I buy handheld game system and it comes with a crack in its screen but still works perfectly and shows the graphics correctly, the crack can't be considered a defect since I can still do all the things I'm supposed to be able to do with the console?
How is it going to show the graphics correctly if there a crack in the screen? A crack in a screen is going to keep you from enjoying the
3ds because there a big line through the screen!

The certain talking about about hinge, a crack in the screen or some other thing got nothing to do with this.

You can't apply a problem with a hinge to crack or any other thing. They are two different issues,

Even if you try, a crack in a screen is like a flopping hinge. Not a crack to a working hinge, little wobble or stern hinge (which may not have been attend, but still)
other wise.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tigran said:
Lies.
Then why did Nintendo accept to replace many people's systems just because they have a wobbling screen, if all 3DS and DS Lites have the problem like you say?

KingVamp said:
How is it going to show the graphics correctly if there a crack in the screen?
Because it isn't deep enough?

KingVamp said:
A crack in a screen is going to keep you from enjoying the
And a wobbly screen is going to prevent me from enjoying the 3DS' 3D effects because they only work at a certain angle, so the wobbling can mess up the 3D effect (sometimes, in crucial moments during the gameplay).

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Apr 4 2011, 02:09 AM)
The certain talking about about hinge, a crack in the screen or some other thing got nothing to do with this.
Sure it does. It's called an analogy.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameGeek said:
KingVamp said:

You still going to see a line through the screen.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Apr 4 2011, 02:09 AM) A crack in a screen is going to keep you from enjoying the
And a wobbly screen is going to prevent me from enjoying the 3DS' 3D effects because they only can be seen at a certain angle, so the wobbling can mess up the 3D effect in crucial moments during the gameplay.
I'm saying if the wobbling isn't affecting any game play of any kind like a crack in the screen then it fine.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
KingVamp said:
GameGeek said:
KingVamp said:

You still going to see a line through the screen.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Apr 4 2011, 02:09 AM) A crack in a screen is going to keep you from enjoying the
And a wobbly screen is going to prevent me from enjoying the 3DS' 3D effects because they only can be seen at a certain angle, so the wobbling can mess up the 3D effect in crucial moments during the gameplay.
I'm saying if the wobbling isn't affecting any game play of any kind like a crack in the screen then it fine.
A small, non deep crack wouldn't affect the gameplay, it would just be annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more