Nintendo releases Swapdoodle

Randomly, and without warning, Nintendo has quietly released Swapdoodle onto the e-Shop. The app is a successor to the now-defunct SwapNote/Letter Box, and contains in-app purchases, though the initial download itself is free. Tutorials, stationary sets, pen colors, and lessons all will cost money via microtransactions. Swapdoodle will let you send messages and drawings to other 3DS users, and will offer one lesson for free each week for players to try.

Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played titles and your Mii™ character. You can also purchase in-game add-ons packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!

Doodle lessons allow you to trace beloved Nintendo characters from the Super Mario™ series, The Legend of Zelda™, Splatoon™, and more! With the right add-on, you can also draw more doodles per note, boost your note storage to over 6000, get more than 45 pen colors, and download stationaries featuring Nintendo characters. Put a piece of yourself in your art by sticking on a Mii face with various emotions to choose from. It’s also possible to share in-game screenshots with friends who also have the game and even create secret pages that are hidden until your friend replies. It’s always fun to see what doodles your friends are swapping!

• Swap messages and doodles with your Nintendo 3DS™ friends
  • Purchase add-ons packs to enhance your doodles and learn to doodle Nintendo characters
  • Take doodle lessons featuring characters from Splatoon™, The Legend of Zelda™, Super Mario ™, and more!
  • Draw 3D doodles on 2 layers
  • Place a sticker of your Mii character’s face with different emotions
  • Send in-game screenshots from select titles
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Press Inbox

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
Surprised they didn't just make an update to the old one if they decided to bring it back, or remove the old app completely
Also, you can't use real pics anymore - only in-game screenshots saved in certain 3DS titles can be attached to your notes from your system memory or SD card, so it probably won't shut down like last time

For those who want a voice chat app on the 3DS, or at least a more 'live' conversation, Chat-a-lot covers that I guess

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Surprised they didn't just make an update to the old one if they decided to bring it back, or remove the old app completely
Also, you can't use real pics anymore - only in-game screenshots saved in certain 3DS titles can be attached to your notes from your system memory or SD card, so it probably won't shut down like last time

For those who want a voice chat app on the 3DS, or at least a more 'live' conversation, Chat-a-lot covers that I guess
unless you take a screenshot of an game with a camera like ACNLWB's amibo camera.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2016-11-20_21-12-30.png

Reactions: Jacklack3

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup and apparently doesn't work on a A9hl 3ds luma im not giving up till I can get this dang thing I have installed countless versions all are failures its annoying this freebie game is hard to get im about ready to say screw it and go get art academy from iso site ..sense this dang this doesnt want to work!

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
You know, the 3ds could actually be a decent drawing instrument except for the lack of one thing. The dsi had it. And that simple thing was pressure sensitivity. I'm assuming that they removed it due to the cost for just adding the ability to draw thicker lines the harder you push with the stylus. I'm sure that a lot of people think that that isn't really that big of a deal. I have been a professional artist for over 20 years. I am also an electronics geek who is fortunate enough to have tons of computers, drawing tablets, drawing monitors, and everything that you can think of that incorporates art and electronics. I have taught art, and tattooing for the same amount of years. The reason I say this is to explain why I think that Nintendo could have really made a very nice drawing instrument. Sure there are drawing tablets that you can plug into a pc. The problem with those is that you have to draw on one surface, while looking at another, the pc screen. Or you can buy a monitor that allows you to draw right on it. I have one, and they rock. If you can afford to buy one. I was lucky and did some electronic repairs in trade for it. If Nintendo would have kept the pressure sensitivity in the 3ds, artists would have been able to have an all in one for a fair price. And it would also have the ability to take pictures to edit. Again, I know some of you would say that having that feature really isn't that big of a deal. It really is. You have to have a way to get your line work to go from thin to thick, and back to thin again depending on how hard you push down on your stylus. I don't know how much they saved by removing that feature. I have no idea if there would be enough artists who would buy one to make it cost effective or not. I might be the only person on this website who wishes that they would have kept that feature. Anyways, I thought I would drop my two cents in.
I don't think any game used it. Colors did, but that was a homebrew. And I think Colors said that the DSi didn't have pressure sensitivity - only OG DS, and probably DSlite.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have gateway you have cfw. If you are on stock 3ds then why not install from eshop?
Because its not on eshop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You know, the 3ds could actually be a decent drawing instrument except for the lack of one thing. The dsi had it. And that simple thing was pressure sensitivity. I'm assuming that they removed it due to the cost for just adding the ability to draw thicker lines the harder you push with the stylus. I'm sure that a lot of people think that that isn't really that big of a deal. I have been a professional artist for over 20 years. I am also an electronics geek who is fortunate enough to have tons of computers, drawing tablets, drawing monitors, and everything that you can think of that incorporates art and electronics. I have taught art, and tattooing for the same amount of years. The reason I say this is to explain why I think that Nintendo could have really made a very nice drawing instrument. Sure there are drawing tablets that you can plug into a pc. The problem with those is that you have to draw on one surface, while looking at another, the pc screen. Or you can buy a monitor that allows you to draw right on it. I have one, and they rock. If you can afford to buy one. I was lucky and did some electronic repairs in trade for it. If Nintendo would have kept the pressure sensitivity in the 3ds, artists would have been able to have an all in one for a fair price. And it would also have the ability to take pictures to edit. Again, I know some of you would say that having that feature really isn't that big of a deal. It really is. You have to have a way to get your line work to go from thin to thick, and back to thin again depending on how hard you push down on your stylus. I don't know how much they saved by removing that feature. I have no idea if there would be enough artists who would buy one to make it cost effective or not. I might be the only person on this website who wishes that they would have kept that feature. Anyways, I thought I would drop my two cents in.
How do you know dsi had it and new 3ds doesnt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed