Nintendo release Jump Up, Super Star! Mario Odyssey Musical video

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:03 AM.

1. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I cant believe this is happening so soon. Either that or the year is going really fast.

Asia81 likes this.

2. tomman321

tomman321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    Lotta people who are really salty about this trailer for some reason. I think it's pretty cool, personally. It feels like Nintendo is going back to its roots in a sense when it comes to advertisement. Maybe just try to enjoy the trailer for what it is instead of thinking of outside factors that are completely irrelevant.

jpxdude and Psi-hate like this.
  3. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I wish it came out sooner!

4. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    i honestly like this trailer. it looks well made, and makes the game look even better than it already did somehow

5. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Companies dump money into marketing because it brings in money. It's not just about convincing you to buy something, but also about just keeping itself at the front of your mind. You think people buy Geico insurance because they have a caveman suffering from racism? Or their countless other ad campaigns? I'd say it's few and far-between. But when you find yourself in need of insurance, who are you more likely to look up: The company with countless memorable commercials, or the one you've never heard of?

I disagree with this. I liked it.
    That said, I was kinda hoping the dancing would be more of the Lindy Hop variety.

6. jpxdude

jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2006
    London UK
    I thought it was a fantastic video and trailer. It was ultra cheesy and probably more appealing to people that don't frequent game related forums, or hipsters.

7. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Yeah thats the reason it all started many many years ago and it should still be the reason BUT many comercials in the last few years were so very bad that it would have made more sense not to do them at all ... can't remember them as they were so bad but some years ago you did have good jingles or a good sentence that burned itselfs into your brain, now its none of these.
    I still remember some commercials from 20 years ago but all these new stuff nowadays (with a tiny few expectations) is bad.

Maybe its better in America or wherever you are .... I even like some of the Japanese ones as they are funny and colorful ...

I usualy don't listn to commercials much as the TV runs in background but there were even some that made me turn to another channel as they were so annoying XD

and yeah that weird dancing and singing doesn't really belong to Mario in my opinion (would be one that I would change channel or turn the volume down at least XD)

Last edited by Youkai, Oct 13, 2017 at 9:54 AM
  8. luk_pop

luk_pop Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    Warszawa
    Today is "Warsaw Games Week" hope to play SMO, and some other Switch coming titles.

9. ChristopherK
    This message by ChristopherK has been removed from public view by TwinRetro, Oct 14, 2017 at 6:50 AM, Reason: spam.
    Oct 14, 2017 at 6:12 AM