Gaming Nintendo Pre-E3 Discussion

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Going by the source, nintendo used 4822 and 5244 last year. That they use a small bit extra this year isn't exactly revolutionary (going by the tables in the food service, I'd say that's about 3 or 4 extra tables for their stuff).

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bump, just over a week until E3 and we haven't received any noteworthy "leaks" for a while.
Makes sense though, a leak would have to be from inside nintendo to happen which they wouldn't let happen.
However one leak that I suspect is valid is how ssb6 is being worked on to be released in 2015.
No not a whole new Smash Bros game, for comparison ssb4 = Smash Bros for 3DS and ssb5 = Smash Bros for Wii U.
That means the new smash bros game would be released for 3 consoles basically.
What would the third platform be? Well Nintendo isn't doing great sales wise with the 3DS and 2013 was intended to be it's peak in sales, yet it under-performed leaving the 3DS in an undesirable condition.
Nintendo seem pretty open to just getting this generation over with early, with saying that they want to have current customers satisfied before new hardware comes out.
What this means is that they would have to have a complete line-up of games on their consoles before abandoning them, the 3DS's line-up looks pretty much complete, not huge but complete.
The Wii U's line-up however needs more titles until it can be considered complete and satisfy customers.

This year it's possible that we will see new hardware, though no way we would see a new console until next year, a new console being revealed could eclipse all that games that they are showing for the Wii U.
However if the 3DS does not have much to show, they could show the successor now.
Ofcourse announcing both the handheld and console next year would make for a much better show, I personally think that the best option would be to reveal the 2 using Nintendo Directs, that way they could choose when to announce them and spread out the announcements to make for a better distributed hype train.
While showing new hardware this E3 is unlikely, i'm adamant of a 2015/2016 launch, so the possibility is there.

Just throwing it out there.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Bump, just over a week until E3 and we haven't received any noteworthy "leaks" for a while.
Makes sense though, a leak would have to be from inside nintendo to happen which they wouldn't let happen.
However one leak that I suspect is valid is how ssb6 is being worked on to be released in 2015.
No not a whole new Smash Bros game, for comparison ssb4 = Smash Bros for 3DS and ssb5 = Smash Bros for Wii U.
That means the new smash bros game would be released for 3 consoles basically.
What would the third platform be? Well Nintendo isn't doing great sales wise with the 3DS and 2013 was intended to be it's peak in sales, yet it under-performed leaving the 3DS in an undesirable condition.
Nintendo seem pretty open to just getting this generation over with early, with saying that they want to have current customers satisfied before new hardware comes out.
What this means is that they would have to have a complete line-up of games on their consoles before abandoning them, the 3DS's line-up looks pretty much complete, not huge but complete.
The Wii U's line-up however needs more titles until it can be considered complete and satisfy customers.

This year it's possible that we will see new hardware, though no way we would see a new console until next year, a new console being revealed could eclipse all that games that they are showing for the Wii U.
However if the 3DS does not have much to show, they could show the successor now.
Ofcourse announcing both the handheld and console next year would make for a much better show, I personally think that the best option would be to reveal the 2 using Nintendo Directs, that way they could choose when to announce them and spread out the announcements to make for a better distributed hype train.
While showing new hardware this E3 is unlikely, i'm adamant of a 2015/2016 launch, so the possibility is there.

Just throwing it out there.
Dunno about the smash bros stuff, but Nintendo has confirmed that they are not showing new hardware this E3.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm seriously worried that Nintendo are only going to show off 2 or 3 new games this year. One of them will be Zelda, another will be the mystery 3DS game, and I dunno, Mario Party 10 or something else underwhelming.

Just getting prepared for a crapload of Please Understand memes.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm seriously worried that Nintendo are only going to show off 2 or 3 new games this year. One of them will be Zelda, another will be the mystery 3DS game, and I dunno, Mario Party 10 or something else underwhelming.

Just getting prepared for a crapload of Please Understand memes.

What about Hoenn remake gamplay? Honestly, is the only thing I really want to see.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario's next game for the 30th anniversary
A Zelda game with Zelda having a far stronger role
An actual Pokémon Stadium
Nintendo DS and Gamecube Virtual Console
The Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes
A new Kirby platformer for Wii U

Reactions: dario14

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about Hoenn remake gamplay? Honestly, is the only thing I really want to see.

People are really this excited to see a Hoenn reskin of X and Y?

We all know what the gameplay will look like, it's not going to be "exciting" or "revolutionary". It's going to be Ruby and Sapphire in the X and Y engine. Woohoo.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

We all know what the gameplay will look like, it's not going to be "exciting" or "revolutionary". It's going to be Ruby and Sapphire in the X and Y engine. Woohoo.

The X and Y engine was good, so I don't really know why you're treating it as a bad thing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The X and Y engine was good, so I don't really know why you're treating it as a bad thing.

I'm not, but it's just like you know absolutely what you're going to see and everyone is still excited to see it. Like you've already played with Blaziken in X and Y, you're basically just seeing that in a trailer along with some of the overworld which, honestly, who cares. X and Y had a neat battle engine but Pokemon isn't known for having "exotic locales".

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hyped. Not as hyped as I am for Sony's conference but I'm interested in seeing what Nintendo brings (ORAS ORAS ORAS).

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Because is the only real thing we can be sure about and talk about.

Or should I say woooo NEWZ FFVII RUMAKE WOOO, NEW ZELDA THE DOOM OF THE CHICKENS, NEWZ METROID BY RETORD STUDIO, I HOPE WELL SEE MINECRAFT WIUU 3DS, NEDD MORE GAEMZ FOR WIIU Woooooo New Assasins Creed 5: Wall Jumper Extreme Parkour Edition?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Or should I say woooo NEWZ FFVII RUMAKE WOOO, NEW ZELDA THE DOOM OF THE CHICKENS, NEWZ METROID BY RETORD STUDIO, I HOPE WELL SEE MINECRAFT WIUU 3DS, NEDD MORE GAEMZ FOR WIIU Woooooo New Assasins Creed 5: Wall Jumper Extreme Parkour Edition?

If they did release a FFVII remake, this would be news. Not saying I'd be instantly buying a new version of FFVII, but it would be news. Would it be for a Nintendo platform? Maybe. I'd imagine it being done along the lines of FFX/X-2 HD, but I digress.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or we could not hype things and get better things to do with our lives? I'm not excited at all for E3, everything they show is gonna be shit. Not just Nintendo, everybody.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Or we could not hype things and get better things to do with our lives? I'm not excited at all for E3, everything they show is gonna be shit. Not just Nintendo, everybody.

Well, at least you got my point, I'm not really excited for this E3, I only want to see new ORAS gameplay because is the only thing I'm interested about and I know for sure that they will show a real trailer in the event.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, at least you got my point, I'm not really excited for this E3, I only want to see new ORAS gameplay because is the only thing I'm interested about and I know for sure that they will show a real trailer in the event.
Yes, but as Guild said, the gameplay is going to be the exact same as X and Y (or honestly any Pokemon game, but with new gens there's at least the reveal of how the aestethics will change). You can basically take any random XY battle footage and call it an ORAS gameplay trailer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM