Gaming Nintendo Pre-E3 Discussion

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you never know for sure...nobody expected black 2 and white 2...in 1st and 2nd gen there weren't too many differences between red/blue and gold/silver to Yellow/Crystal except for pikachu following you and suicune being part of the main story
3rd gen is a bit more different storywise...

3rd gen is a bit different storywise, I know,
but I believe some of the elements of Emerald would be incorporated on these remakes.
Gamefreak never releases a single absolute version of a game, they always release two games to promote trading.
Said that, I wouldn't expect a remake of emerald.

PS: My nickname is VMM, you used a W instead of a V, it was just a coincidence I ended up reading your post,
so I suggest you to make sure you're using the correct nickname when quoting a person

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm trying to keep my expectations as low as possible to avoid being disappointed.
Sounds interesting. Hmm...my predictions for this year:

Nintendo will declare their retirement out of video games. Miyamoto will take over the company and within 10 years, make nintendo the leader in the field of electric gardening tools. Iwata will commit sepukk...seppuk...ritual suicide on stage, uttering a "please understand" as last words. Reggie will quit nintendo in order to get a job as a bouncer in a NY night club.

Microsoft and Sony will announce which franchises they've bought from nintendo. Mario will become MS's next main exclusive and major selling point...until they realise a gritty realism Mario doesn't have the same magic. Zelda will become a multiplatform superstar and will spew out sequels, spin-offs and clones so fast it won't be long 'till it will be hard to find adventurers NOT wearing green. Naughty dog will buy donkey kong, and announce a harsh story of the monkey being hopelessly addicted to banana's after his crushing defeat against jumpman (remember: Mario is sold elsewhere). Retro will become an independent studio that'll acquire the metroid rights, but after a couple versions which don't make good use of modern hardware, it'll be doomed to mediocrity.
Amazon will announce that they've bought both the ouya as well as the patent to the nintendo gamepad. It may be a bit soon to tell the result of what that will mean, but there will be discounts for early adopters nonetheless. :P
Meanwhile, the 3DS will go open source and everyone will be allowed and encouraged to either hack it or create games for it. Sounds exciting in theory (I predict it will "win E3")...but it'll take a few years of bad ports, half-assed homebrew games and a slew full of emulators to kill all interest in the device.

Man...I can't wait to be wrong on THIS! B-)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm just hoping for the humour part. The mecha Reggie video was more entertaining than anything they've done last E3. Also...wtf am I supposed to think of "which will appeal to the CoD/BF audience with Nintendo gameplay"? :unsure:

While posting, I'll also like to point in the direction of Iwata's financial results briefing (thanks gamecaptor for mentioning it in another thread :) ).

A summary:
-persona Q and a lego ninja game on wiiu and 3DS
-a wiiu firmware update which'll make it faster to start channels
-mario kart television and smartphone app
-payments with suica
-heavy use of NFC on both wiiu and 3DS

(note: these are planned things; may be Japan only...I, for one, have no idea what suica is)

Reactions: gamecaptor

TheLoneWolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know, I've been thinking and looking up trends in the time in between past PM games and have concluded it's perfectly plausible that they could say something about it at E3. The Thousand Year Door was released four years after the N64 instalment, and was announced in 2003. The last home console instalment, SPM, was released only 3 years after TTYD in 2007 and was announced in 2006. Sticker Star took the longest to be released at 5 years, and is the exception in that it was announced in 2010, two years before its 2012 release (though I suspect that was due to the hurdle with Miyamoto). If they expect to have it out by the same amount of time after the previous game as elapsed between the releases of TTYD and SPM (3 years), it is completely reasonable to expect an announcement.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Look, an E3 leek
uGy0q5y.jpg

Seem legit.

fojacko

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know about you guys, but i want another Lego City: Undercover. Maybe with loading screens quicker than 2-3 minutes.

I'm hoping they release DLC for MK8, the roster is a bit stale and all the characters are pretty much the same, they are different models but have a weight assigned to them which is what determines their stats, so there shouldn't be any balancing issues. *cough*king boo, diddy kong*cough*

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It appears Nintendo has slightly more space than usual this time around!
...damnit Nintendo, you'll never get me excited!...hnnngnn... (src)
westhallfqdd2.png

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It appears Nintendo has slightly more space than usual this time around!
...damnit Nintendo, you'll never get me excited!...hnnngnn... (src)
westhallfqdd2.png

I wonder why does Nintendo 3 areas?
Since there is a area exclusively for Oculus VR I can only imagine we'll see quite a bit of it at Sony's conference.
Since Sony and MS have announced a console last E3, I don't expect much from them this year.
Nintendo should take this opportunity release someething significant and take the highlights.
The last 3 Nintendo conferences were plain awful, this should be the time for them to announce something interesting.
I'm excited about Pokémon, but there hasn't been many announcements for 3DS or WiiU, I hope we'll see more titles announced on E3.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will avoid the obvious:

- F-Zero U
- That pokémon game from that HD screenshot of a Blaziken and a Lucario fighting that no one talked about ever since
- Nintendo DS Mini
- Another Starfox game

Please Nintendo, F-Zero + Starfox and I buy your stupid console.

Reactions: dario14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Hi Hi