Gaming Nintendo pisses me off

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, theres one little thing that worries me about Twilight Princess. Someone above mentioned how in Windwaker, you'd just point to a destination and then leave the game going on its own for a while, but some of the current rumors that I've heard are saying it'll take 45 minutes of playing time to cross the overworld ON HORSE in TP. This partly has me excited about the size of the game, but at the same time has me worried because of how Windwaker was.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You know, theres one little thing that worries me about Twilight Princess. Someone above mentioned how in Windwaker, you'd just point to a destination and then leave the game going on its own for a while, but some of the current rumors that I've heard are saying it'll take 45 minutes of playing time to cross the overworld ON HORSE in TP. This partly has me excited about the size of the game, but at the same time has me worried because of how Windwaker was.

One way to make you not 'worried' is to not buy Twilight Princess at launch, wait for reviews or read in some forums about people's opinions about the game (even ask about the Windwaker thing). You don't have to buy it at launch.

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didnt you guys hear the bell tolling for the GC version once they announced "added functionality" for the Wii version?

Is there anyone else who doesn't want "added functionality?" I already despise blowing on my DS and I certainly don't want to have to put up with a lot of gimmicky nonsense when I am actually trying to play a game. I'm already planning on playing the GC version because I know they won't let me just sit down and play the game on Wii.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didnt you guys hear the bell tolling for the GC version once they announced "added functionality" for the Wii version?

Is there anyone else who doesn't want "added functionality?" I already despise blowing on my DS and I certainly don't want to have to put up with a lot of gimmicky nonsense when I am actually trying to play a game. I'm already planning on playing the GC version because I know they won't let me just sit down and play the game on Wii.
The added functionality is precise aim with the bow/boomerang, and 1:1 sword combat, which is going to rock.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, theres one little thing that worries me about Twilight Princess. Someone above mentioned how in Windwaker, you'd just point to a destination and then leave the game going on its own for a while, but some of the current rumors that I've heard are saying it'll take 45 minutes of playing time to cross the overworld ON HORSE in TP. This partly has me excited about the size of the game, but at the same time has me worried because of how Windwaker was.

One way to make you not 'worried' is to not buy Twilight Princess at launch, wait for reviews or read in some forums about people's opinions about the game (even ask about the Windwaker thing). You don't have to buy it at launch.

Ha, don't get me wrong, I still loved Windwaker, and I'll be buying a Wii on launch day just for Twilight Princess and Trauma Center.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you don't want the 'added functionality', a Wii is certainly not going to be in your future!

Kurumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shine light upon my path as i am puzzled here. Most of you say that Nintendo broke some promises ? Which ?
They said it'd be 250$ or under, it's 250. How is that a broken promise ? it's at the limit, yes, not beyond >_>

They said LoZ:TP would come out on Wii and NGC, it will. They NEVER said anything about it being a launched on ngc at the same time as the Wii. Rewatch the Press Conference of E3 if you don't believe that.

Some of the launch titles were delayed, so what ? I'd rather have delayed and better games then shitty games. Even with these few delays, there will still be a bunch of awesome games to get.

And yeah, the prices are nothing special. Meh, like it was so cleverly said, Nintendo is not a charity, it never was, it never will be. Everyone who believes that needs a reality check or something. What makes Nintendo different from Microsoft or Sony, is that they care about their customers. They're giving us an awesome console, that'll allow us to play games from 5 different consoles (Wii included in Wii, thus the 5
tongue.gif
) It'll give us free internet access, useful info for everyday life, for fucking hell's sake, it'll even have us do some exercise. I don't see ANY reasons to bitch at Ninty for that >_>

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's not even fair to say that nintendo put the price at its limit. it could've been $250 without wii sports, without a nunchuk, without a composite cable. i'm seriously tired of hearing complaints about the price. Nintendo didn't mislead anyone about the price, people mislead themselves.

Kurumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's not even fair to say that nintendo put the price at its limit. it could've been $250 without wii sports, without a nunchuk, without a composite cable. i'm seriously tired of hearing complaints about the price. Nintendo didn't mislead anyone about the price, people mislead themselves.

Amen to that
frown.gif
Seriously, for all we'll get, 250$ is underpriced. Any of you remember that the NGC came out at 250$-300$US with only one controller ? Nothing else, just that.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
actually it is NOT 1:1 sword combat in Zelda TP... It's you making diffrent cuts and Link will make some of the premade swordattacks.. stab, slash, swosh or whatever
tongue.gif
it won't follow your precise movement... and i read it wasn't THAT stable either, sometimes it made a top->down sweep while the player was actually swinging from left to right. yes I read this in some article from when someone played the game at the releasedate unveiling. maybe, cubed3, advancedmn or ign. whatever!
tongue.gif

but aslong as link is attacking when the player is trying to attack, right?
tongue.gif

what pisses me off is the DVDsupport being left out... How dare them!!!
and not only that, it's regionlocked the piece of garbage... which i will love when i get my hands on it
tongue.gif

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shine light upon my path as i am puzzled here. Most of you say that Nintendo broke some promises ? Which ?
They said it'd be 250$ or under, it's 250. How is that a broken promise ? it's at the limit, yes, not beyond >_>

Yes, its true that most of Nintendo's broken 'promises' were not promises but people's own expectations. However, I DO seem to remember them saying that the nunchuk would come bundled with a Wiimote.

I'm still a Nintendo fan, but Sept. 14th was the day I found out I'm not a Nintendo fanboy (after buying and loving the SNES, N64 and GCN I was in doubt). I am obviously still going to buy the Wii, but I think I will probably wait until SSBB. The $250 price tag isn't very annoying to me, despite being higher than I expected. What I DO find annoying is the $60 for getting a new controller. Evre since the early N64 days, I have found out that its a very good idea to buy 4 controllers with your Nintendo console. Considering that I have a 5 gaming brothers, 4 player Nintendo games are the reason that I'm a Nintendo fan in the first place. So for me, the price isn't really $250 but:-

System + Decent game (Zelda : TP will do very nicely for this) + 3 Remotes + 3 Nunchuks = Around $500 after tax.

On the other hand, a 360 or a PS3 doesn't equate to multiplayer for me, so I don't bundle the price of 3 controllers with them. This may sound illogical, and almost definitely is, but thats just the way that things are.

With that said, I can't say that I'm pissed off at Nintendo. I'm just more disspointed than anything else. The lack of MP3 at launch is also part of the decision to not become an early adaptor. I'm still guessing (and hoping) that the Wii is going to rock, but it leaves me with a slightly bad taste in my mouth. I don't fault Nintendo for trying to get a bigger profit --- that's what they're there for. For those people that are pissed about it, think of it this way: a bigger profit for them ultimately means more money for better games and better hardware for us. I'm dissapointed not because I expect them to go stop being business smart, but because I was hoping that they might sacrifice a little profit for customer satisfaction.

However, I'm still hoping the Wii will do what Reggie has always promised he would (HINT: It ended with taking names). If they cut the prices within the next 6 months, I'm there. $300 is almost worth it for Zelda : TP alone. I was a pretty big critic of the DS as well, but Nintedo really won me over with the strong software support. If they can bring more of the same to the Wii, I have no doubts that I will become a fanboy again.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I think I'll wait and but the GCN vesion. I have it reserved anyawy. Plus Id rather have the classic control then dish out the cash for the Wii version later.
Depends if I have enough money on time for a Wii.
Either way I wanna get both jsut for the heck of it. Heck, Im gullable when it comes to fun gimmicks.
Though Truama Center and Excite Truck are games I may not be able to live without, so only time will tell.

DVD play is a disapointment.
It would have been nice to have it do that too.
Just to make the system that much more usefull.
Not that I really watch DVDs anyway though.
But with the Wiimote it would have been fitting.

Though the SD card features make up for it.
Photo viewing and even video playing.
Wich means if I have a big enough SD card I can jsut put movies on that anyway.
Or even go crazy and try to builid a SD to HardDrive thing xD
I know its possible ;P

The nunckuchs being sold seperatly is a disapointment since most games will use them. Wich means that you HAVE to pay for the extra attachment, thus making it a pointless buy since everyone will try to buy the controller alone normaly anyway, thinking it would work. A very bad stradegy for business with non-gamers.

The channels mode also seems kinda annoying. I was hoping for a nice basic menu liek everything else. Hopefully we can change the menu for those of us who want a more classic gamer feel.

Im hopeing that the Virtual Console will have gun games on it though.

Oh, also hoping the GCN version doesnt look crappy.
Im hoping they make it a collectors item thing or something.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't care about the added functionality either. Yeah, it's nice but I'd much rather have a game that was built from the ground up for the Wii with the controls in mind from the planning stages. I would much rather play the game the way that it was origionally intended to be played and if Nintendo doesn't allow me to do so by not releasing the GCN version, I may just have to cut my ties with them in terms of consoles and stick with my DSL for a while. I hate being dicked around with.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is simply a tactic by NIntendo to make sure that they entise their hardcore gaming fans to take the plunge and buy the Wii just to make sure that they have the highest household penetration. Actually the whole purpose of the lineup for the Wii is to make sure it has entered the most households possible. For example, since Zelda is only available for the Wii, most of the hardcore gamers will buy the Wii early on release date and also have Wii Sports bundled in. When a passing by family member sees how cool Wii sports is, they will join in too and thus increasing the fan base of the Wii.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering what I'm reading here in the initial post I think I have just the thing to calm you down.

rattle.jpg

I mean seriously it got a tiny delay, so what. Instead of being selfish on the angle about it consider what would work best for the company you supposedly love enough to buy the game from in the first place. Would it make more money to put both out the same day, or would it suit them more to for the first time launch a system with a Zelda game unimpeded which would guarantee some massively racked up sales?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

They said LoZ:TP would come out on Wii and NGC, it will. They NEVER said anything about it being a launched on ngc at the same time as the Wii. Rewatch the Press Conference of E3 if you don't believe that.
Actually, Nintendo originally flatout said that both versions of Twilight Princess would be released simultaneously alongside the Wii, now they've taken that back. They promised Metroid Prime 3 at launch, now it's delayed to sometime in 2007. They originally promised the price of the Wii would be close to each Nintendo console before it ($199 USD)... now it's $250, 50 dollars is not what I'd call close. They said they'd launch before the PS3... now they're launching two days after. They also promised it would be the perfect console for someone cocerned with their budget... the peripherals insane cost isn't exactly cheap.

And how can we forget DVD playback? "The Nintendo Wii will have DVD playback!", and then they cut the feature. Then on the same day they promised the Wii would be region free for any developer who chose so, in the same day they took that back and said the Wii won't even be a little bit region free. Then there was the Opera Wii browser, it was free and pre-loaded on the system... now you have to download and pay for it. Finally, there was the USB ports "Any method of storage can be used", and now, you can only use flash media storage.

Now most of these broken promises are no big deal individually, but they announced them all on the same day, all at the same time. For those not keeping score, that's 9, I repeat, nine broken promises... all in one day.

ahzael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually, Nintendo originally flatout said that both versions of Twilight Princess would be released simultaneously alongside the Wii, now they've taken that back. They promised Metroid Prime 3 at launch, now it's delayed to sometime in 2007. They originally promised the price of the Wii would be close to each Nintendo console before it ($199 USD)... now it's $250, 50 dollars is not what I'd call close. They said they'd launch before the PS3... now they're launching two days after. They also promised it would be the perfect console for someone cocerned with their budget... the peripherals insane cost isn't exactly cheap.

And how can we forget DVD playback? "The Nintendo Wii will have DVD playback!", and then they cut the feature. Then on the same day they promised the Wii would be region free for any developer who chose so, in the same day they took that back and said the Wii won't even be a little bit region free. Then there was the Opera Wii browser, it was free and pre-loaded on the system... now you have to download and pay for it. Finally, there was the USB ports "Any method of storage can be used", and now, you can only use flash media storage.

Now most of these broken promises are no big deal individually, but they announced them all on the same day, all at the same time. For those not keeping score, that's 9, I repeat, nine broken promises... all in one day.

Out of these 9 promises 9 of them were never made official, expect maybe for the storage, because it has been SD from the start.
The rest is just speculation and shit that was on the net, since Nintendo has never made anything official until today.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well of course, that's why everyone was waiting for the "official details" to be released for so long. But all of these things were said by Nintendo officials. It was a verbal agreement between them and the consumer, a promise, basically. And yet they broke all of them. When they say something, and it goes on official record for everyone to see, it becomes more than just a statement, it becomes a promise. Sure none of these "promises" hold any legal value (if they did we could sue for false advertising), but if I say to my mom "I'll take out the garbage later tonight", and then I don't... that's a broken promise. And Nintendo being in the public eye is even more accountable for their actions, as each and every one of their promises is recorded or written down by someone in the gaming press.

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am so sick of "liar, liar, pants on fire"

If you haven't lied then go ahead and throw the first stone, otherwise shut your trap.... and you should 'cause you're a liar too.

And by the way... name one big gaming company that hasn't delayed a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool