Gaming Nintendo NX release date + the future of wii u discussion

When do you think NX will release? + reasons

• I don't really know...

Results are only viewable after voting.
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Don't care about her, she just likes the attention.

I sure would love some news about the NX soon.
My uncle that works at Nintendo has told me the next Nintendo home console will be called Wii U2. I find it pretty strange but who knows.

D

Deleted User

I think if the NX is revealed at E3, it will be released during the 2016 holiday season because they do not want to give Sony or MS time to copy their ideas. I'm more than positive that it will be backward compatible with WiiU and will also feature dual releases of certain games like Zelda WiiU/NX. Although I could be completely wrong because well... they are Nintendo and it's hard to figure out what they do and why.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't care about her, she just likes the attention.

I sure would love some news about the NX soon.
i'm a he can't you read a profile you dumb newb stop stuffing your face with chocolate and learn to read :rolleyes:

as for the post and it's QFFT they are going down the same path as the wiiu trying to merge handheld with console it's going to fail miserably all over again...fucking nintendo they just never learn gotta do MA own thing and be different instead of giving people what they want.

now watch the fanboyz come in to defend them :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My uncle that works at Nintendo has told me the next Nintendo home console will be called Wii U2. I find it pretty strange but who knows.
my brother works at sony and he told me they are releasing a new playsation THIS year :creep:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm thinking that the release will be 2017 because there's still a list of titles that are to be released on the Wii U. Trying to release first-party titles on a console that's no longer a flagship device means that it won't sell any new consoles, only the older hardware. Such titles are Starfox Zero and Zelda U for example, and perhaps Pikmin 4 if anything is announced for it at E3. It was rumored to be close to finished in development back in September according to Miyamoto, so it could be released anytime soon.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The wii u sold 2 million units in the last 3 months leading the Xmas... Thanks to a good line up of exclusives and a competitive price compared to PS4 and Xbox one.. I think Nintendo can still get a year out of the system, especially with games like Zelda U and Star Fox in the pipeline... nX is more likely to be a 2017 release since they might need 2016 to build up some momentum and get their marketing strategy spot on and hopefully get a much better 3rd party support... This is all speculation of course :)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The wii u sold 2 million units in the last 3 months leading the Xmas... Thanks to a good line up of exclusives and a competitive price compared to PS4 and Xbox one.. I think Nintendo can still get a year out of the system, especially with games like Zelda U and Star Fox in the pipeline... nX is more likely to be a 2017 release since they might need 2016 to build up some momentum and get their marketing strategy spot on and hopefully get a much better 3rd party support... This is all speculation of course :)
That sounds kind of a logical appropriate move, and thus it makes me think Nintendo will release it on 2016.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That sounds kind of a logical appropriate move, and thus it makes me think Nintendo will release it on 2016.
I'm kind of getting that feeling too... They might want to play the element of surprise who knows, but if that's the case, the devs have been doing a really good job at keeping quite... We'll see if they announce anything at E3 this year

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They know wii u has failed in comparison to wii and ps/Xbox.

They need a power house more traditional console without BS motion controls and tablet controllers. Us classic gamers like to sit back and relax for gaming!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
e3's gonna be exciting this year
Sure is

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd hope not but I read somewhere they're following Iwata's steps. They really want to lose more customers, huh.

Well it matters what Iwata's final business plan was, however, I'm no fan of it either.

kvon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There is potent inside news from kind of trusty source about NX releasing 2016 and Zelda along with it.. what you think??

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is potent inside news from kind of trusty source about NX releasing 2016 and Zelda along with it.. what you think??
I dunno but the fact that such a small youtuber with such a small fanbase 'leaked' this, makes me confused as to how he got the info before bigger media sources...

kvon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I dunno but the fact that such a small youtuber with such a small fanbase 'leaked' this, makes me confused as to how he got the info before bigger media sources...

I have no idea but his talk seemed kind of trustworthy so I decided to make account instead of lurking and share ^^
Maybe it's all false information, but it sounds reasonable what he talk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs