It is?
2015:
-Super mario maker
-splatoon
-Yoshi's woolly world
-Kirby and the rainbow curse
-mario party 10
-Xenoblade chronicles
(I could name devil's third and fatal frame, but they're kind of niche products)

2016:
-legend of Zelda
-star fox
-that pokken thing

Oh, I guess that the total roundup can be bigger this year, but in terms of what people look forward to? Erm...no. Not really. :-\
Kirby and Mario Party 10? At least Kirby's a decent smartphone game but MP10? Dear lord.

My 2015 Wii U games:

1. Yoshi's Wolly World (great but short)
  2. Splatoon (got tired of it but might check again since it's filled with new content)
  3. Project Zero 5 (pretty decent though it was just go from the motel to the mountain and vice-versa)
  4. Kirby: Rainbow Paintbrush (smartphone game-type so OK, whatever)
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles X (still waiting for Monolith to fix the damn text and audio issues)
  6. Rodea the Sky Soldier (sold the Wii U game and kept the Wii version)

My 2016 Wii U games:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess HD *pre-ordered*
  2. The Legend of Zelda (2016) *pre-ordered*
  3. Pokkén Tournament
  4. Star Fox: Zero *pre-ordered*
  5. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Potential buys:

1. Mario & Sonic: Rio 2016 Olympic Games (It has football so I might give it a shot)
  2. Yooka-Laylee (if it receives a physical release or the digital version is cheap)
So when I look at it, I base it on replay value over quantity. Despite Wii U having a reasonably decent list of games for 2015 it still hasn't made me want to stop play Mario Kart 8 (2014).
-

Reactions: Sick Wario

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is?
2015:
-Super mario maker
-splatoon
-Yoshi's woolly world
-Kirby and the rainbow curse
-mario party 10
-Xenoblade chronicles
(I could name devil's third and fatal frame, but they're kind of niche products)

2016:
-legend of Zelda
-star fox
-that pokken thing

Oh, I guess that the total roundup can be bigger this year, but in terms of what people look forward to? Erm...no. Not really. :-\
Only 3 of those were actually significant. secondly, you forgot about nintys two projects and Pikmin 4, also there are two zelda's not one :sleep:.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NX launch dec 2016 or early 2017

i have a strong feeling NX is handheld/mobile anyway
Intresting, the 3ds will be 5 years old this year so they might as well release a successor,

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i believe we will see new hardware for handheld 3ds successor with a GBA player/vita tv module for home play. this is the hybrid nature. of course using wii u controller family at home.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to be dramatic and guess about this and that at all. I will wait for Nintendo to have a fact information soon.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Only 3 of those were actually significant. secondly, you forgot about nintys two projects and Pikmin 4, also there are two zelda's not one :sleep:.
I'm not talking about games in terms of quality (that goes to you as well, @saiyan) or significance but in the amount of work put into them. That's also why I didn't mention the HD remake: applying an HD-layer and a few extra options and tweaks requires far less effort than a full game. As to the projects* and pikmin 4: they don't have a release date or a target platform, so these could very well be released next year. Or be NX titles.

*I thought star fox was one of these. The other one - that robot thingy - doesn't even has a name AFAIK. :unsure:

TheDarkGreninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not talking about games in terms of quality (that goes to you as well, @saiyan) or significance but in the amount of work put into them. That's also why I didn't mention the HD remake: applying an HD-layer and a few extra options and tweaks requires far less effort than a full game. As to the projects* and pikmin 4: they don't have a release date or a target platform, so these could very well be released next year. Or be NX titles.

*I thought star fox was one of these. The other one - that robot thingy - doesn't even has a name AFAIK. :unsure:
no star fox wasnt. also there is work put into HD remakes lol

Kirby and Mario Party 10? At least Kirby's a decent smartphone game but MP10? Dear lord.

My 2015 Wii U games:

1. Yoshi's Wolly World (great but short)
  2. Splatoon (got tired of it but might check again since it's filled with new content)
  3. Project Zero 5 (pretty decent though it was just go from the motel to the mountain and vice-versa)
  4. Kirby: Rainbow Paintbrush (smartphone game-type so OK, whatever)
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles X (still waiting for Monolith to fix the damn text and audio issues)
  6. Rodea the Sky Soldier (sold the Wii U game and kept the Wii version)

My 2016 Wii U games:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess HD *pre-ordered*
  2. The Legend of Zelda (2016) *pre-ordered*
  3. Pokkén Tournament
  4. Star Fox: Zero *pre-ordered*
  5. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Potential buys:

1. Mario & Sonic: Rio 2016 Olympic Games (It has football so I might give it a shot)
  2. Yooka-Laylee (if it receives a physical release or the digital version is cheap)
So when I look at it, I base it on replay value over quantity. Despite Wii U having a reasonably decent list of games for 2015 it still hasn't made me want to stop play Mario Kart 8 (2014).
-
Dude, i played splatoon like it was the shit. i think I have like 700 hours on it so id put it higher however ive literally just got xenoblade so ill have to wait and see if its really good.

TheDarkGreninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't make much sense for Nintendo to release Pikmin 4 on a near-dead console so logically, it'll be a launch title for NX.
You never know, it mostly wouldve been made with wii u in mind (its been in development since pikmin 3) so if NX has a gamepad its unlikely for it to release anytime soon.

Geno Breaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2016. Nintendo would be fools to keep on going to 2017 with dead systems. Nintendo's first party in house developed line up for 3DS and Wii U this year should be enough evidence that most teams are just working on NX games.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

TheDarkGreninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2016. Nintendo would be fools to keep on going to 2017 with dead systems. Nintendo's first party in house developed line up for 3DS and Wii U this year should be enough evidence that most teams are just working on NX games.
well a lot of the games under development are kept secret for a while, Pikmin 4 is a good example of this.

And it seems 2016 is leading polls by 6. 2 Days left till the poll closes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.